Aires 1/48 F-16 nozzle problem

2 hours ago, Solo said:

I have got quite different experience regarding contacts with Aires. I made complaints few times (6 maybe 7 times) and always they responded me very quickly, always sending me replacement parts, even if I complained for really small scratch or broken part. Following that I can say i have only positive exepeience with customer service of Aires.

Me too. Whenever I have asked for replacement they always sent it very fast. Lets hope they come up with a solution for that as well. 

Guys,

to me it looks like from the pics you posted that the "new" inner nozzle part without the polygonal outer surface is the same overall length as the original one. The only issue is that now it doesn´t slide into the the exhaust pipe part anymore due to the altered outer geometry. Still it should be quite easy to rectify: Just shorten the exhaust pipe to eliminate the polygonal part, where the original inner nozzle would have slid in and then butt-join it. That should fix the problem.

HTH,

Joerg

13 minutes ago, Joerg said:

Guys,

to me it looks like from the pics you posted that the "new" inner nozzle part without the polygonal outer surface is the same overall length as the original one. The only issue is that now it doesn´t slide into the the exhaust pipe part anymore due to the altered outer geometry. Still it should be quite easy to rectify: Just shorten the exhaust pipe to eliminate the polygonal part, where the original inner nozzle would have slid in and then butt-join it. That should fix the problem.

HTH,

Joerg

It doesn't work Joerg. The diameter of the inner nozzle is way to big to slide into the burner can. And apart of that why should I go into all that trouble since I pay for something that is supposed to work well and improve my model?

Edited by EagleAviation
28 minutes ago, Joerg said:

Still it should be quite easy to rectify: Just shorten the exhaust pipe to eliminate the polygonal part, where the original inner nozzle would have slid in and then butt-join it. That should fix the problem.

Not really. If I cut it off, it won't be fitting to external nozzle part. Or, if I fit it to this external part, there will be few millimeters gap between this internal part and the tube.

Edit: my mistake, you meant about cutting off part of tube, not internal nozzle part. Ok. 🙂

Edited by Solo
36 minutes ago, EagleAviation said:

It doesn't work Joerg. The diameter of the inner nozzle is way to big to slide into the burner can. And apart of that why should I go into all that trouble since I pay for something that is supposed to work well and improve my model?

Ioannis,

sorry, maybe I wasn´t precise: When I said "inner nozzle" I meant the inner part of the actual variable nozzle with the nozzle petals and not the tube. So both variable nozzle parts stay as they are, just the tube of the afterburner section is shortened by a couple of millimeters to eliminate the inner polygonal part and then you simply butt join it. From looking at the pics in this thread that should do the trick.

Of course you are right in saying that should not be necessary in the first place, but then it will take you about 2 minutes to fix it and I would do it instead of spending hours/days/weeks complaining to Aires and hoping to get a replacement part. Just my opinion.😀

Edited by Joerg
2 minutes ago, Joerg said:

Ioannis,

sorry, maybe I wasn´t precise: When I said "inner nozzle" I meant the inner part of the actual variable nozzle with the nozzle petals and not the tube. So both variable nozzle parts stay as they are, just the tube of the afterburner section is shortened by a couple of millimeters to eliminate the inner polygonal part and then you simply butt join it. From looking at the pics in this thread that should do the trick.

Of course you are right in saying that should not be necessary in the first place, but then it will take you about 2 minutes to fix it and I would do it instead of spending hours/days/weeks complaining to Aires and hoping to get a replacement part. Just my opinion.😀

Now I get it. You may be right. I will try it.  

6 hours ago, ya-gabor said:

Aires is a strange bunch of people. Knowledge of English is just one problem. Care and response to customers is another.

This coming weekend at the Plastikova Zima show in Bratislava Slovakia this company will have it stand. I can ask them but based on previous experiences they will not be happy and greatly annoyed when someone is asking questions or complaining. They are interested in only one thing: buy as many as possible of their products. Sell, sell, sell!!!

When questions asked they simply say: we are only selling the stuff and not designing them. One should contact directly the company. I never received any answer from them.

Instead some Czech modellers were far from happy, why do I ask questions. Don’t know how they are related to the company.

That’s the way it goes! Oh well! :dontknow:   :dontknow:  :dontknow:  :dontknow:

Best regards

Gabor

To be fair, I must give the Aires team kudos as the support the48ers.com customers get whenever there is an issue is top. At least this is my experience re customer care.

I am also in contact with Aires regarding this topic so hopefully it will be resolved.

Ilias

12 minutes ago, Hubbie Marsten said:

Hi Ilias,

Do you think there is a difference with regards to the semantics of the term "polygonal", than when "poligonal" is used instead...? :hmmm: 

Hey Hubbie Marsten, I am not the most suitable person in the room to answer this but the chances of getting the concept are high.

Try using "Round peg doesn't fit in square hole" as an analogy.  Or, "New part does not fit into old part. Need either all new parts or all old parts." :hmmm:

I sure hope you can get them to see the issue. If not, that doesn't bode well for them.

2 minutes ago, Solo said:

I think "large pipe can't fit into smaller pipe" could be better. 🙂

Exactly! The simpler the better. Make it as easy to understand as possible. What you need is pics of the a set with all old parts. Show the old parts fitting together with a big smiley face and then a pic of the old and new parts not fitting together with a big frowning or crying face. :whistle:

9 hours ago, Ilias said:

To be fair, I must give the Aires team kudos as the support the48ers.com customers get whenever there is an issue is top. At least this is my experience re customer care.

I am also in contact with Aires regarding this topic so hopefully it will be resolved.

Ilias

Lets see their response tomorrow at the show. 

Best regards

Gabor

8 hours ago, ya-gabor said:

Lets see their response tomorrow at the show. 

I don't think the stand at show is proper place to make complaint or something. This is the place to buy something and that is all.

BTW, after my response to Mr. Lajer I haven't received any response yet. Maybe they are making new mould for me? 🙂

6 minutes ago, Solo said:

I don't think the stand at show is proper place to make complaint or something. This is the place to buy something and that is all.

I have to strongly disagree here! Any modelling show is not exclusively for selling! I am sure other manufacturers/aftermarketers can agree with this.

Shows like this (Telford, Moson, E Day, Brno, Plastikova Zima . . .) are one of the best marketing opportunities for any manufacturer to get in direct contact with customers!!!!!!!! speak to them, learn from them what they are after, what they don’t like, make new contacts, to get feelers as to what could, what should be changed . . .

There is absolutely no harm in asking questions. I am not an owner of either the F-16 kit or of this set so there is no complaining involved, just asking questions, speaking to whoever is there representing the company. All I can do is to try to help you guys who actually do the building of this kit by a very direct contact with the maker. Instead of waiting for days or weeks for an answer (or that new parts are made for you 😊 )

I will be doing the same, speaking with so many manufacturers tomorrow,  have a full schedule for the day! Hope to have a little time at the end to see the actual competition part of the show. Also there is a long list of what I want to find for my projects.  

Best regards

Gabor

1 minute ago, ya-gabor said:

I have to strongly disagree here! Any modelling show is not exclusively for selling! I am sure other manufacturers/aftermarketers can agree with this.

Shows like this (Telford, Moson, E Day, Brno, Plastikova Zima . . .) are one of the best marketing opportunities for any manufacturer to get in direct contact with customers!!!!!!!! speak to them, learn from them what they are after, what they don’t like, make new contacts, to get feelers as to what could, what should be changed . . .

There is absolutely no harm in asking questions. I am not an owner of either the F-16 kit or of this set so there is no complaining involved, just asking questions, speaking to whoever is there representing the company. All I can do is to try to help you guys who actually do the building of this kit by a very direct contact with the maker. Instead of waiting for days or weeks for an answer (or that new parts are made for you 😊 )

I will be doing the same, speaking with so many manufacturers tomorrow,  have a full schedule for the day! Hope to have a little time at the end to see the actual competition part of the show. Also there is a long list of what I want to find for my projects.  

Best regards

Gabor

I have to AGREE with Gabor, trade/ modelling shows are where they expect to get feedback from the grass root buyers of their products...

9 minutes ago, ya-gabor said:

All I can do is to try to help you guys who actually do the building of this kit by a very direct contact with the maker. Instead of waiting for days or weeks for an answer (or that new parts are made for you 😊 )

Of course I would be grateful if you talk about our F-16 nozzle problem, but in my opinion show is not for this. If your car is broken, are you going to ask manufacturer representaitve at Geneva Motor Show about it? I think there are special communication channel for such complaint problems and they should be used exactly for this purpose - in this case it is web form on Aires website. But of course it is only my opinion.

So there was the Plastikova Zima show yesterday with a chance to see a lot of people, speak to different manufactures, buy few things and have a quick look at competition tables.

And of course to speak to the Aires team. I am not sure if they were too happy with the question of this set. They said that they know about the problem and they are working on it. As far as I understand they will make changes to part RP3. The set on sale this weekend still had the differing parts with a round RP3 and faceted part RP4.

xPMQzCO.jpg

So time will tell what comes out of it. Sorry but this is the maximum that I could do for those interested in this set.

Best regards

Gabor

6 hours ago, ya-gabor said:

They said that they know about the problem and they are working on it. 

They know about the problem but they still sell it, expecting modelers to properly use it! Wow! Excellent!  

Thank you Gabor anyway! Lets hope they will come up with a solution. 

10 hours ago, EagleAviation said:

They know about the problem but they still sell it, expecting modelers to properly use it! Wow! Excellent!  

Thank you Gabor anyway! Lets hope they will come up with a solution. 

Indeed and I hope they realize that they need to correct the issue for all those customers that bought this set with the messed up parts. That they let this slip by their QA does not reflect well on them. With all the competition out there these days, they need to step up, own this issue and correct it. Else, people will go to their competitors. I already have switched to KA Models for all my F-15 exhausts. They're much better IMHO.