Aires 1/48 F-16 nozzle problem

15 hours ago, Mstor said:

Else, people will go to their competitors.

There is small problem: there are no alternatives with quality equal to Aires.
KA-Models makes F-16 exhaust nozzles too wide opened and useless for me.

Brengun showed something now, but I am affraid this nozzle looks has very thick edges.

Aires is the only reasonable choice.

1254915-29052-76-pristine.jpg

5 hours ago, Solo said:

Brengun showed something now, but I am affraid this nozzle looks has very thick edges.

KA- Models does make a set of nozzles for the Tamiya kit. Very fine detail and very thin scale sized petals, but there is something about the shape of the open nozzle that doesn't look right to me in the pics posted. Plus the set has one open and one closed nozzle. Doesn't appear to be a set with two open. Take a look for yourself...

http://ka-models.co.kr/?product=se-148-f-16-cd-block-30405060-ge-exhaust-nozzle-set-for-tamiya-openedclosed

Would be nice if Reskit were to make a set. They've been doing some really nice looking resin lately. Lots of exhaust nozzle sets.

I am very much frustrated with Aires attitude on my matter. I e-mailed them twice and I still haven't got an answer. They e-mailed the shop I bought from and said that they would contact me, but they never did. So I e-mailed them twice. Still no response. 

4 hours ago, Solo said:

I have just received 2nd email from Mr. Lajer  that the problem will be solved in January and he asking me to contact with him at the end of that month.

I wonder if they are going to take the hit and send out corrected parts to everyone that bought the messed up sets? 

I just received a reply from them. They said end of january will have the issue resolved and I should remind them.! I got really angry! Can't they keep a not on to whom they are supposed to ship replacements? They offered exchange with another product. I will measure the F-14D nozzles if they are the same in diameter I will ask for that

If a manufacturer sells quantities to a distributor and said distributor sells product to individuals, I would not expect the manufacturer to know which individuals bought the end product and how to contact them. 

My view is that it's the distributor's task to maintain communication with the manufacturer and resolve the problem. However, please have in mind that some times the manufacturer may ask the distributor to take control of communication with the end customer for a number of reasons. As long as the entire process comes to a win-win, the communication method does not really matter.

And by the way, if someone has acquired a set from the48ers.com, we are in contact with Aires to have it resolved. Just let us know.

Thanks

Edited by Ilias
On 12/2/2019 at 8:53 PM, Solo said:

Also, KASL Hobby offer this...

k48113-001.jpg

Edited by Ilias

Ioannis,

I may have the part you require in my spares box. I know I definitely have an Aires F-16 nozzle but can’t remember if it’s a GE or PW. I check later tonight when I get home from work. You’re welcome to it.

On 12/2/2019 at 12:53 PM, Solo said:

Solo, I think that when I responded to your post I missed the part that you had already looked at the KA-Models exhausts. Sorry about that. My bad.

• 1 month later...

Have you got any response from Aires?
Today they sent me e-mail that guy responsible for that exhaust issue fix (or maybe he is just resin engineer, I don't know) is now in hospital and he will start to work on this issue when he be back. Maybe in next week.

Ok, so I am waiting now for new messages from tchem. 🙂

I’m just now working on the whole series of F110-GE-100/129/132/400 engines. I know the differences between the modifications 100, 129, 400, but I have not yet seen the difference in appearance, which is important for us modellers, in model 132. Can someone have information?

Are you going to make inner and outer parts of the nozzle as separate parts? Some manufacturers make those nozzle as one part what is really difficult to paint. Only Aires makes it just perfect, with separated inner nozzle.

3 hours ago, Solo said:

Are you going to make inner and outer parts of the nozzle as separate parts? Some manufacturers make those nozzle as one part what is really difficult to paint. Only Aires makes it just perfect, with separated inner nozzle.

Open nozzle - 2 parts.
Closed nozzle - 1 part.

It will be approximately as follows:

F.jpg

Edited by Katran
  • 3 weeks later...

I have just received from Aires claimed item RP3 with rounded end and even additional part RP4.

I know I asked for polygoned end part RP3, but set with this RP4 with rounded inlet is just ok, it should work.

Thank you Aires.

1sBCEZt.jpg

Edited by Solo
  • 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Sturm said:

Have you test fitted the new replacement parts ?

Nope, because i don't want to cutt it off without reason. But I have just measured it and it seems that RP3 fits perfectly into part RP4 (RP3 - 20,15 mm outer diameter, and inside diameter of RP4 is 20,18 mm. So it shuld be fine.