Did the F-8 and F-105 carry the Mk 82 Snakeyes?

Did the F-8 and F-105 carry the Mk 82 Snakeyes, and if they did was that the norm or exception?  Does anybody know when they were rolled out, or the year that differentiates the “early” and “late” airbrake fins.  The reason I am asking is because I am looking at the ones for sale on the Eduard site and am trying to decide if I should just get the standard Mk 82’s or not.  I searched the web and could not find definitive info or pictures.  Thank you.

Hi,

They both did.

I'll have a look at what could be the earliest Snakeye I can find, but it would be pretty early.

I would not get the "early Mk 82 Snakeyes" from Eduard. We don't know where Eduard got that idea from, but none of the experts here recalls seeing a Mk 82 Snakeye without the notch in the fins. A Snakeye without the notch (like Eduard's early ones) indicated a that it was a retarded Mk 81, not a Mk 82.

Maybe there really were early Mk 82 Snakeyes without the notch, but I believe none of the experts here has seen one.

Cheers, Stefan.