ARC Discussion Forums

Sign in to follow this  
HomeBe

1/72 - Sukhoi Su-35S "Flanker-E" by Great Wall Hobby (GWH) - box art+sprues+schemes+decals - release in 2020

Attach clearer and more pictures FYI.

Parts break down has been enhanced to futher enhance smooth assembling.

h2upwSF.jpg

7aYac4J.jpg

ZWa0D1D.jpg

ESSaDIb.jpg

XvBEGo2.jpg

FM0b3FR.jpg

kTUR1Gp.jpg

g57xdiy.jpg

waopAMJ.jpg

yjMbsuI.jpg

3PIE4KK.jpg

5mW94eZ.jpg

xqSSFuf.jpg

ozRVLU3.jpg

cw8wFsE.jpg

A4RgoA5.jpg

7UTZFQy.jpg

dQP8Lht.jpg

GYoiZCH.jpg

Rw8Jo4j.jpg

oV478ZV.jpg

RdrJOBQ.jpg

MGtcl7B.jpg

RtXUB5B.jpg

VvwV6t0.jpg

QMQSTtg.jpg

fBUF52P.jpg

RmrnRgL.jpg

All parts glued.

No more cutting to fit, a quite pleasant built only using Tamiya extra thin glue.

JOGcyt1.jpg

rEWARMW.jpg

cFMwGVh.jpg

5QVEpIA.jpg

TtKNtR9.jpg

zLMDnAt.jpg

j0BUWpW.jpg

SBbgE1U.jpg

kYAWR8b.jpg

opnG1Gi.jpg

FJUpFOc.jpg

vWQt7N1.jpg

LY0OBSL.jpg

OurDndP.jpg

QlTXxdC.jpg

fh4sfRd.jpg

OR00ova.jpg

BTHk6hS.jpg

Lgna2G7.jpg

zeZHcFV.jpg

rNRnGHR.jpg

3vgBWNW.jpg

uVAh48q.jpg

8Sw0aUy.jpg

5dj2JmN.jpg

ovcqObO.jpg

AQRyTKU.jpg

4C2m4Om.jpg

kiS76qe.jpg

wLMpcz6.jpg

ZY2ulob.jpg

5Q9WFpu.jpg

vKpbdSB.jpg

So the model looks being ready now, should we expect it before Christmas? 🙂

Just now, Solo said:

So the model looks being ready now, should we expect it before Christmas? 🙂

Yes you can if you are in China. 

OK - I'll be the first to jump in.......

It looks like the IRST ball is solid (?) - OK if you want to paint it red to depict the cover - but no clear lens?

The translating ring between the rear angled nozzle and fixed front part looks too recessed - the real thing is quite smooth......

su-35_014.jpg

The intakes on the leading edge of the fin root look to be the same size - the port side should be approx twice the size of the starboard one...

Zvezda got them correct.....

Su-27SM_15.jpg

GWH supply two types of lower intake shutters - open or closed (as they would be with the engine off) - although I can't prove it right now - but I think there should be 12 slats/louvres - not what I count as 11 in the kit.??

These are just first impression nit-picks - the kit looks great from what I see so far...

And no seam line down the canopy/winscreen !!!!

Ken (donning Flak helmet)......

PS - I also like the one-piece intakes :worship:

Edited by Flankerman

36 minutes ago, Flankerman said:

OK - I'll be the first to jump in.......

It looks like the IRST ball is solid (?) - OK if you want to paint it red to depict the cover - but no clear lens?

The translating ring between the rear angled nozzle and fixed front part looks too recessed - the real thing is quite smooth......

The intakes on the leading edge of the fin root look to be the same size - the port side should be approx twice the size of the starboard one...

Zvezda got them correct.....

GWH supply two types of lower intake shutters - open or closed (as they would be with the engine off) - although I can't prove it right now - but I think there should be 12 slats/louvres - not what I count as 11 in the kit.??

These are just first impression nit-picks - the kit looks great from what I see so far...

And no seam line down the canopy/winscreen !!!!

Ken (donning Flak helmet)......

PS - I also like the one-piece intakes :worship:

Hi Ken

Thanks for your input. 

Let me answer your questions.

>It looks like the IRST ball is solid (?) - OK if you want to paint it red to depict the cover - but no clear lens?

Well to be honest I forgot to tell CAD team to make that a single part during scaling down from 48 scale, since their objection is quite simple: combine parts as many as possible to keep assembling easy and not too much detail lost.

A lesson needs to be learn for them.

>The translating ring between the rear angled nozzle and fixed front part looks too recessed - the real thing is quite smooth......

Actually that's not the recess but the gap between the ring and nozzles parts(they are seperated), because the nozzles are rotatable, same as 48 scale part break down.

I think that may add some fun to the kit, or serious solid guys may change them with high detail resin parts...

>The intakes on the leading edge of the fin root look to be the same size - the port side should be approx twice the size of the starboard one...

No worry, those small intakes differ from each other, an obvious feature you cannot miss from Flanker family.

They are different on left part and right part as well.

uj8PN4y.jpg

>GWH supply two types of lower intake shutters - open or closed (as they would be with the engine off) - although I can't prove it right now - but I think there should be 12 slats/louvres - not what I count as 11 in the kit.??

Su-27 has 12 shutters but Su-35 only has 11, haha!

>And no seam line down the canopy/winscreen !!!!

Actually there is, but thanks to precision mold level, they are not so obvious.

Cheers,

Yufei

Edited by haneto
typo

I understood that the upper chaff/flare dispenser boxes were removed in series production SU-35S models, if so their presence in the kit would make it a pre-production variant?

Other than that, detail and price wise this will beat Hasegawa into a very dark corner.

Looks great! For sure we are living in Flanker era!!! Thanks Haneto and GWH! Now we only need Su-27M..... Modelsvit can you hear me???

I am planing to make Hasegawa kit like early version, and this GWH kit like late Su-35 ! Now who is travelling to China??? 👩‍✈️ 🙂

Detail level looks awesome as usual of course, but i gotta agree with Ken on his points, especially regarding the nozzles, looks very strange with the step...

Love the option to have Irbis displayed, can you confirm Haneto whether the nosecone can "click" into the place (ie one can take it off/put it on as one wishes) or does one have to glue it in place?

Some news regarding Su-35S; Apparently the double launcher for R-77-1 is actually serial and in service. Talked with ground crews at MAKS and asked specifically about it, and according to them they have it "in stock"... And apparently RVV-BD (R-37M) will be in service with Chinese Su-35S from next year, RuAF has still not ordered them.

2 hours ago, hemspilot said:

I understood that the upper chaff/flare dispenser boxes were removed in series production SU-35S models, if so their presence in the kit would make it a pre-production variant?

Other than that, detail and price wise this will beat Hasegawa into a very dark corner.

Chaff boxes on top of the stinger were present on early serials, they moved to underside from 2014 production frames IIRC. However, early frames have undergone massive rework (several times even!!!) and as the result the chaff boxes were moved to underside on those too. So bort 03 had originally chaff boxes on top, but after rework/modernization they were moved to underside.

PS: GWH F-14 goes for 45USD, hope Su-35S will be slightly cheaper...

Edited by Berkut

On 12/5/2019 at 10:13 AM, hemspilot said:

that's it, my Hasegawa is going on Ebay.

Lol, how much do you want for it and do you ship to CO?  PM me 

😉

Steve 

On 12/5/2019 at 5:13 PM, hemspilot said:

that's it, my Hasegawa is going on Ebay.

My Hasegawa Su-35S turned out OK.......

flank_105.jpg

flank_106.jpg

Ken

Apart from the somewhat pointy canopy I see no reason to discard my Hasegawa kit.

Pointy canopy

Too flat dorsal

Wrong intake underline curve

Wrong angled/too long nose landing gear

Fictional panel lines, rivets and other details.

Balabala

I personally categorize HASEGAWA Su-35 to a “science fiction” kit.

Of course you don’t need to discard it because it surely does not look like an F-15 Eagle.

3 hours ago, Solo said:

The kit is available on eBay:

With  Feb-Mar 2020 shipping. :rolleyes:

Gene K