New 1/72 MiG-19 kits from KP

8 hours ago, ya-gabor said:

You are not the only one!!!! 

But not only the MiG-19P but ANY MiG-19 in state of the art CAD technology designed and produced kit would be most welcome!

Best regards

Gabor

Oh I know i'm not the only one. I keep seeing these ex-Eastern Express kits with Polish AF markings. Almost makes me want to buy one more. I don't think Polish AF ever operated the MiG-19S.  I've one reboxed from ZTS Plastyk and it's like the 2nd kit on the "next build" list.

Well,

I guess I'll be sticking with my old Bilek MiG-19S kit with Pavla cockpit and separate Bilek F-6 resin bits.  I sure wish SOMEBODY would make the correct seat for the Pakistani Bird, though!

WARDOG

17 hours ago, ya-gabor said:

Hi Wardog,

On the previous page I did show the Martin-Baker seat resin copy which I produced some 30 or so years ago. Is this the one you are talking about?

MafZJcX.jpg

Best regards

Gabor

Gabor,

Any chance you might part with a couple of seats? I have the Resin in Motion A-5 and Trumpeter kit needing those for Pakistani AF builds as they truly look the part!

Regards,

Chris the cabbie

On 6/9/2022 at 1:13 AM, ya-gabor said:

Hi Wardog,

On the previous page I did show the Martin-Baker seat resin copy which I produced some 30 or so years ago. Is this the one you are talking about?

MafZJcX.jpg

Best regards

Gabor

Hi Gabor,

Yes, those are the ones!  I saw them on your previous post but wasn't sure if they are available.  Beautiful work!  You have definitely captured the head rest shapes!  I definitely could use a couple of them!

Take Care,

WARDOG

• 1 year later...

Hi everybody,

Sorry, I havent been on this page for many years. Just seen the questions. 

It has been so many decades since those M-B seats for the Pakistani MiG-19's were made. Have to have a look and see what I can do.

Best regards

Gabor

• 4 weeks later...

Just to have an end to the story of the „brand new” KP MiG-19S / J-6. Good friend Pali has asked me if I would be willing to part with the kit. I am more than happy to see it go.

Had a look at it again and it confirmed my original opinion that there is little point in building it and having a go at it to make it more decent. Life is so short and there are so many other subjects which are worth “wasting time” on.

Sad to see those Pakistani markings go, but have to say the KP decals are a piece of  sh. . .     so I will not miss it.

So will sell the kit as fast as I can!!!  Had a look on internet and as far as I can see the kit is no longer available (or in production) anywhere.

With Pali it will be in good hands!

Best regards

Gabor

Szia Gábor! 
I am happy to take over the kit. Yes, it is far from perfect, but as we spoke this kit seems to be a better candidate to turn it to a nice, Hungarian MiG-19 PM. The other option would be the original KP kit which is not much worse than the current one except that it has a ton of rivets that has to be sanded off, not talking about the extra mini air brakes on the fuselage sides (mistery!). One more chance is the Bilek kit that forms a P or PM version (two separate kits), but it’s not a very good kit either.

Trumpeter had for a long time in their catalogues the PM version, but it has never gotten realised. Having a look at their 1/32 and 1/48 kits it’s not a pity. The whole nose section is a disaster, too narrow, too steep and the whole impression of a completed model tells that something is so wrong with it. SBS model has come up with very nice resin sets (nose and cockpit) that cures the problem of the 1/48 scale kit. 
So who’s next? May we dream about a nice Eduard kit in the future? Who knows? This type was manufactured in Czechoslovakia so I guess it would be a good selling topic… let’s keep up the hope.

See you soon for the KP kit! 🤗

Edited by Pal