Gents,

It wasn't meant to take me until December but finally nailed the second heritage F-15 at Lakenheath this afternoon. I got the 492nd early on back in May, the 494th is a bust as their yellow tailed jet is now back stateside at Warner-Robins on rework so will come back clean. The dark painted F-15C of the 493rd was the one I was desperate to get and the 48th have already said they're going to be painted out soon I knew I was running out of time. Today was the first visit (weather has been awful - even by UK standards!) in blue skies since the AFRES F-16s back in May. Sure enough, second wave from the 493rd after midday included the heritage jet as the No2 man of a four ship flight, callsign 'Hitman'. The sun goes around quite quickly in December and is down the runway centreline by mid afternoon, plus Mildenhall had thoughtfully put a tanker up on the East coast towline (grrr!), so it was touch and go whenever these guys came back in good light. Thankfully, for once, fortune favoured me.

'The King';

2G5A4942.jpg

2G5A4953.jpg

2G5A4967.jpg

2G5A4974.jpg

2G5A4978.jpg

Would have been nice if he'd have gone into the circuit, but nobody this afternoon wanted to play - the morning wave did.

2G5A4580.jpg

492nd have another jet showing a green star, presumably another drone from their 2017 Middle East deployment.

2G5A4689.jpg

Some also retain their mission tallies from 2017, unlike the 494th's rather flamboyant markings from 2018.

2G5A4735.jpg

Finally, the 493rd also have a new flagship. Last one before I called it a day.

2G5A4990.jpg

Gary

Edited by gary1701

Hi gents,

A few more I've sorted out, all pretty standard fare. I missed the latest batch of Saudi F-15SAs transiting through by one day!

2G5A4900.jpg

2G5A4924.jpg

2G5A4609.jpg

2G5A4723.jpg

2G5A4881.jpg

2G5A4779.jpg

2G5A4749.jpg

One of my test shots during the afternoon that I take to keep a eye on the light, didn't see the CV-22 sneaking into the left side of the frame!

2G5A4902.jpg

Gary

Edited by gary1701