Great Wall Hobby Mig-29 SMT: Unavailable?

I have been trying to buy one of these kits for six months. I had an order with LuckyModel that was to be fulfilled quickly, and after a couple months, it was no where in sight. So I bought one off Ebay from a seller in China, and again, after a few months they admitted they didn't actually have stock and were waiting on a supplier. So for a third time, I tried another seller, and they just messaged to say the same thing. Have these things gone out of production? Also, how the hell does Ebay allow people to sell items they don't have?

Edit: Maybe I should have asked this in General Topics. If so, sorry about that. 

Edited by Specter1075

https://hobbymodels.com/collections/lion-roar-aircraft/products/lnr-4818

It shows in stock but this might not be true. I had mixed experience with the "sister" site internethobbies.com (ordered from it but package came from hobbymodels): ordered 2 kits, both appeared in stock, received one as promised, never got the second. Had to file dispute with my credit card as they didn't respond to cancellation request.

1 hour ago, Solo said:

The Ebay link is another Chinese seller that likely doesn't actually have the kit in stock. It may even be one I already tried to order through. I've never purchased through Super-Hobby. I'll get killed on the conversion when I add in shipping, but it may be my only choice.

26 minutes ago, Helmsman said:

https://hobbymodels.com/collections/lion-roar-aircraft/products/lnr-4818

It shows in stock but this might not be true. I had mixed experience with the "sister" site internethobbies.com (ordered from it but package came from hobbymodels): ordered 2 kits, both appeared in stock, received one as promised, never got the second. Had to file dispute with my credit card as they didn't respond to cancellation request.

I tried to order something that was "in-stock" with HobbyModels once and it ended up going to Paypal's dispute center. It never shipped and they would not reply to any communication. Those guys are a 'buyer beware' for sure!

Thank you both for the replies!

11 minutes ago, Specter1075 said:

I've never purchased through Super-Hobby. I'll get killed on the conversion when I add in shipping, but it may be my only choice.

I am buing from this shop for many years, I bought from them dozens times. Everything what is available in this store is in stock.
Super-Hobby, or MojeHobby.pl it is the biggest modeling store in Poland.

Not sure what I'm proposing here, but I got an SMT upper fuselage half which came with my 9-13 kit, which I checked it fits the MiG-29C kit like a glove, if you get what I mean.

Perhaps you could get kit #4813 instead if the other parts in it could go with the SMT upper fuselage?

Just a thought - no MiG-29 expert at all. 

7 hours ago, Specter1075 said:

I have been trying to buy one of these kits for six months. I had an order with LuckyModel that was to be fulfilled quickly, and after a couple months, it was no where in sight. So I bought one off Ebay from a seller in China, and again, after a few months they admitted they didn't actually have stock and were waiting on a supplier. So for a third time, I tried another seller, and they just messaged to say the same thing. Have these things gone out of production? Also, how the hell does Ebay allow people to sell items they don't have?

Edit: Maybe I should have asked this in General Topics. If so, sorry about that. 

By 2019, we experience more case of temp out of production case from maker in China. Where most of the makers in China is reaching 6-7 years old with sizeable catalog. 

Keeping the back catalog in stock is a challenging tasks even more difficult to make a new item. 

like GWH F-15C, it takes almost 8 months to get to back in stock. And the question for dealer is we never know their reproduction plan so all we can do is waiting. And keeping asking supplier every week and update to customer. 

Edited by Raymond Chung

Understood Raymond. I do not blame LuckyModel at all because I know you cannot control these things.

Do you have problems with supply right now because of the political situation? I have an order with you now for a few Trumpeter and Meng items, and they are marked 'Incoming' but it has been 6 weeks of incoming. Is it difficult now to receive product from China? I did not ask because I assume it's a very difficult situation for you and your staff, and our models are not that important.

26 minutes ago, Specter1075 said:

Understood Raymond. I do not blame LuckyModel at all because I know you cannot control these things.

Do you have problems with supply right now because of the political situation? I have an order with you now for a few Trumpeter and Meng items, and they are marked 'Incoming' but it has been 6 weeks of incoming. Is it difficult now to receive product from China? I did not ask because I assume it's a very difficult situation for you and your staff, and our models are not that important.

Actually LuckyModel has become a multiple location mail order operation. For Trumpeter and Meng item, we are processing in China warehouse. The 6 weeks restocking time is waiting the arrival of some backorder from the maker. sometimes fast, sometimes slow. So we ask them to ship whatever they have and don't block the other item temp out of stock.

But we should do it better to keep sending notification to customer before you ask. That what we are doing the system updating now.

There are many available on Taobao (淘宝). The problem is the Chinese language and the shipping. You can still get things at a substantial discount there.

If you decide to go on, PM me. I speak Chinese and I can guide you through it.

Edited by CWILL1117