Hobbycraft 1/48 CF-100 Mk. IV vs. Mk. V

I believe the differences (aside from decals of course) between the two kits are the wings (longer for the V) and inserts for the belly gun pack (gun ports for the IV no gun ports for the V). All else is the same (seats, cockpit, landing gear, fuselage, tail etc etc). So you have to decide which version you want as they only come with parts for the IV or the V not both.

I have a IV but no decals. The kit decals are complete garbage and AM decals are rare and/or ridiculously expensive.

Hope this helps.

Happy modeling!

Thank you, Don. I was hoping for a different answer though. You are right. The wing extensions and lack of gun bay in Mk. V are the main differences between the two. I have a Mk. IV myself and was planning to build a Mk. V out of it hoping it has all the parts but guess not. 

Its a shame really that this kit and the limited aftermarket have become rare. I know its basic and nothing to write home about, but lets face it, the Clunk isn't exactly topping peoples "most wanted" lists. I doubt we'll ever see another kit produced. I actually like the aircraft myself. I'd love to do a 433 Squadron red and orange checkered Mk. IV and a 414 Black Knight EW Mk. V.