1/48 - Mil Mi-24V/VP "Hind-E" by Zvezda - released

Dear Vladimir42,

I can only repeat:

You don’t have to believe me. Please ask Ken the "Flankerman". Together we visited Zvezda in Lobnja in 2013 and spoken to the designer of the Mi-24 kit and seen what they used for the development of the kit.

I don’t know what has my knowledge or absence of it, has to do with what Zvezda is using for development of its kits. None what so ever. : )  : )

Best regards

Gabor

1 hour ago, ya-gabor said:

Here are the pilots on new Mi-24V kit Sprues.

yrJ2mfs.jpg

Best regards

Gabor

Gabor,

Thanks. I swear I looked at that sprue a few times and totally missed it.

A closer look at the cockpit is “interesting” and there is little justification for it in year 2020 and a given high level of technology available to kit makers. As it is there is absolutely nothing there just a plain flat surface. 

It is possible that the kit itself will be cheap (according to Zvezda)  but one will be forced to buy all sorts of aftermarkets to make it even at a low level acceptable increasing the price by several times.

o6Q1zwZ.jpg

QxKDjNQ.jpg

Best regards

Gabor

Yeah, I think for most a decal option will be good enough. For what they have mentioned about this kit, makes sense.

For the rest, hopefully a resin company will help out otherwise scratchbuilding it will be.

I read on Britmodeler I think, that Zvezda claims no rivets and minimal interior detail to keep price down and produce more variants, I have have to monogram/revell.  I presume the Kitty Hawk might be better if we ever get it.  I would like to hear from the experts, will this be worth being or not?

Hi DarkKnight,

Everyone makes his own choice of what to buy or not.

Following in steps of the 72nd scale kit, the overall geometry of this kit should be good. Russians are saying that this is nothing more than a simple upscale of the 72nd kit. Nothing really added to it even if it is a quarter scale kit. 

There is an absence of rivets on the fuselage, according to Zvezda because they are different on various versions.

- True for about 15-20% of rivets but the rest is the same.

Absence of details inside the cockpit, once again according to Zvezda to make it common with all versions (apart from the early Mi-24A).

- Some like it this way, so that they can place a decal more easily in comparison with a surface full of details.

- One can say that “everyone gets aftermarket resin or painted etch parts anyway”. Some do, but then the cheap price of the kit will be considerably increased.

- The rest is left with a pretty plain cockpit. All this in 48th scale.

Now the year is 2020 and there is a certain level of detail one would expect given the current level of technology available to kit producers. Just look around at other kits.

The only question is that for various versions additional parts for Version specific details on a separate sprue will have to be added no matter what. How big a new instrument panel is to be included on this sprue also?

You will have to make your own choice on this one. : (   : (   Sorry!

Best regards

Gabor

Just found few photos that I took for "Rivet study" of the Mi-24, just how riveted it is. Some dismiss them as "not really visible". I dont know (actualy know but . . .) .  : )   : )  : )

This is why I made few pictures of a real Hind.

Here is one example:

3IlPu3J.jpg

Best regards

Gabor

Edited by ya-gabor
12 minutes ago, ismaelg said:

Pardon my ignorance, but what is the "fuselage twist"  I've seen mentioned?

Thanks,

If you look head on to the hind, the wings and intakes are not level. Leans left (13d if I recall) by design. Do a search flankerman has a photo on here with lines to help see the twist.

The rear fuselage on the Mi-24 is offset to the right (starboard) by (IIRC 13deg) as an anti-torque aid.

Here' my pic from Gostomel showing it....

day06_028.jpg

If you draw a line through the front two windscreens you can see that the intakes are angled to the left in this photo...

Ken

As the boys before me (with faster keyboards) have said:

The fuselage is twisted as a design feature.

If you look at a Mi-24 straight from the front, while the cockpits are perfectly symmetrical and vertical right after it the fuselage is twisted to the left. Not only this but the tail has also a twist in it. It all compensates the torque force of the engines. Dont forget this is the fastest and most powerful attack helicopter. 

Is it represented in kits? Yes, the Zvezda kit used some factory data in designing the kit both this 48th and the earlier 72nd scale version. 

Best regards

Gabor

And Begemot is designing decals sheets

Source: https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235061308-148-mil-mi-24vvp-hind-e-by-zvezda-released-begemot-decals-announced/&do=findComment&comment=3627843

In Russia this week is non-working for prevent enlarged Q virus pandemia, so Zvezda and hobby shops closed now, after end of medical holydays model will be in shops.

BTW - as i'm working at home - i'm have time for rescale our 1-72 Mi-24 decal to 1-48 and rework grayscale instruction to colour version 

24-48-2.jpg

Edited 36 minutes ago by kotey
  •  

V.P.

For unknown reason i can't post anything at ARC yesterday (all stayed at home in Russia now and internet work sometimes not good), so yes, as i have a lot of time - i start rescale our 1-72 decal to 1-48, one marking scheme were changed - as Chzech version include in Zvezda inbox decals - i'm change it Hungarian overall dark grey marking.

And i'm rework painting and marking instruction - in 1-72 it was grayscale, in 1-48 it will be colour

24-48%20ins.jpg