ARC Discussion Forums

HomeBe

1/48 - Mil Mi-24V/VP "Hind-E" by Zvezda - released

So, in Rissia quarantine holydays were prolonged to end of April, so how modellers in Russia and outside now can buy new Mi-24 model - its a question. But i have so much time for new decals design - as never before.

He sell on ebay, or write him on FB 🙂

Posted (edited)
On 3/29/2020 at 11:10 AM, Flankerman said:

The rear fuselage on the Mi-24 is offset to the right (starboard) by (IIRC 13deg) as an anti-torque aid.

Here' my pic from Gostomel showing it....

day06_028.jpg

If you draw a line through the front two windscreens you can see that the intakes are angled to the left in this photo...

Ken

Ken, Interesting photo, THANKS! What version of the Hind is that do you know? Many issues I see with putting the twist in the Revellogram kit. If you draw a line from the nose-gear up through to the rotor-head, the rotor-head is still on center-line with aspect to the canopies and nose gear so the exit point at the top of the fuselage must be off-set to port. Look at the asymmetrical bulge on the aft canopy. Is this normal? Also, it appears the angles of the stub-wings to fuselage did not change so the starboard tip pylon is closer to the ground at least in the photo it appears so. Also the landing gear poses a problem. Were the starboard gear shorter to keep the aircraft level or was the gear bay "cut" higher into the fuselage? I am wondering if the right gear hydraulic pressure has bled down/collapsed due to the distance of the gear door bottom edge in relation to the gear itself. Many questions. Any suggestion on a good reference book or two? I would like to see how much twist is also at the aft fuselage/tail boom/tail rotor. Thanks again Brother for the photo/post!

Edited by USNChief

The photo above is a Hind F. Here's photos of a Hind D nose, and tail. You can see that the mast on the D is in line with the fuselage center line; not the cockpit. This was changed as part of the effort to make the Hind more maneuverable. The D model flew like a truck. The vertical fin is cambered to help offload the tail rotor during forward flight (similar to C model Hueys and Cobras). The reason the cockpit is offset is to provide a level platform during flight. Western helicopters accomplish this by tilting the mast and transmission rather than twisting the cockpit. Looks goofy, but works.

Mig

D-Nose.jpg

D-Tail.jpg

So what's the deal on this kit?  No one in North America can seem to get it or any of the newer Zvezda kits.

I personally would love to get my hands on it but I'm not going the route of Ebay.

I could happily live without 13 degrees of cockpit twist thats only viewable from one angle  “if” they had got the surface detaIl/decent interior which is viewable from every angle.

They have released some lovely kits recently like the Pe-2.

Not at all impressed with this Hind simply because it could of been so much more.