Jump to content

1/48 - Mil Mi-24V/VP "Hind-E" by Zvezda - released


Recommended Posts

So, in Rissia quarantine holydays were prolonged to end of April, so how modellers in Russia and outside now can buy new Mi-24 model - its a question. But i have so much time for new decals design - as never before.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 3/29/2020 at 11:10 AM, Flankerman said:

The rear fuselage on the Mi-24 is offset to the right (starboard) by (IIRC 13deg) as an anti-torque aid.

 

Here' my pic from Gostomel showing it....

 

day06_028.jpg

 

If you draw a line through the front two windscreens you can see that the intakes are angled to the left in this photo...

Ken

Ken, Interesting photo, THANKS! What version of the Hind is that do you know? Many issues I see with putting the twist in the Revellogram kit. If you draw a line from the nose-gear up through to the rotor-head, the rotor-head is still on center-line with aspect to the canopies and nose gear so the exit point at the top of the fuselage must be off-set to port. Look at the asymmetrical bulge on the aft canopy. Is this normal? Also, it appears the angles of the stub-wings to fuselage did not change so the starboard tip pylon is closer to the ground at least in the photo it appears so. Also the landing gear poses a problem. Were the starboard gear shorter to keep the aircraft level or was the gear bay "cut" higher into the fuselage? I am wondering if the right gear hydraulic pressure has bled down/collapsed due to the distance of the gear door bottom edge in relation to the gear itself. Many questions. Any suggestion on a good reference book or two? I would like to see how much twist is also at the aft fuselage/tail boom/tail rotor. Thanks again Brother for the photo/post!

Edited by USNChief
Link to post
Share on other sites

The photo above is a Hind F. Here's photos of a Hind D nose, and tail. You can see that the mast on the D is in line with the fuselage center line; not the cockpit. This was changed as part of the effort to make the Hind more maneuverable. The D model flew like a truck. The vertical fin is cambered to help offload the tail rotor during forward flight (similar to C model Hueys and Cobras). The reason the cockpit is offset is to provide a level platform during flight. Western helicopters accomplish this by tilting the mast and transmission rather than twisting the cockpit. Looks goofy, but works.

 

Mig

 

 

 

D-Nose.jpg

D-Tail.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites

I could happily live without 13 degrees of cockpit twist thats only viewable from one angle  “if” they had got the surface detaIl/decent interior which is viewable from every angle.

They have released some lovely kits recently like the Pe-2.

Not at all impressed with this Hind simply because it could of been so much more.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...
On 6/20/2020 at 10:34 PM, Rocketdrvr said:

So what's the deal on this kit?  No one in North America can seem to get it or any of the newer Zvezda kits.

 

I personally would love to get my hands on it but I'm not going the route of Ebay.


Just got mine from Megahobby, but I’ve given up on ever getting the one I ordered off eBay, as well as the Quinta Studios 3D instrument decals.  They have all been sitting in a Moscow post office for two months with no sign of movement.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/24/2020 at 6:54 PM, Vladimir42 said:

 

As far as I know this is an English language site, so if you have something to say please use English language. Be so kind to show some respect towards the site and its readers.

Just as I do when writing on a Russian forum or any other even if it is not my native tongue.

 

I see that you still have problems.

I dont really understand why this is pointed at me !?   for me !?

Please address them to Zvezda, go to Lobnja, the HQ of Zvezda and speak to them if you have questions. You don’t need a special FSB approval to be able to go to Zvezda!

 

 

Yes, I have seen the Russian forums (and also the Zvezda fakebook with hundreds of not too complementary comments) and the respons to the kit in the past and in the present. 

 

 

The circled windshield on your photo.

Yes, I have one (or two) of those in real 1 to 1 scale, but what does it has to do with the kit?  People at Zvezda should be asked!!  I did speak with them in the past after the release of this so called kit. In short:

 

We did agree to disagree.

 

I dont have the kit and have absolutely no intention of ever buying it.

 

Zvezda is explaining (the deficiencies) and marketing the kit as a very cheap big kit. It could be.

But please have a look at all the dozens of aftermarkets now offered by different companies to make it look a bit better. The bill at the end of this all is astronomical and still you will now be able to build a kit from it which is up to the standard expected from a kit in 48th scale in the year of 2020!

 

The cheap Zvezda Mi-24 kit is:

-  good business for Zvezda

-  excellent business for aftermarket producers

-  a disaster for the modellers, the amount of work they have to put into it and their bank account!!!!!!!!  

 

There is nothing more that I can add to this so called kit.

 

Best regards

Gabor

Edited by ya-gabor
Link to post
Share on other sites

Got my Quinta IPs also, and they look great, but I’m a little wary about the accuracy of the starboard side of the front cockpit.  Quinta has you add a narrow vertical panel sitting of top of the starboard console, but I don’t see that in any of my references.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Got mine from Russia yesterday. Took about 3 months.
But I am happy to get it. Looks nice in the box. Also came with a 7 pacific 88 paint set and ResKit resin wheel set. Courtesy of the hobby shop there.

Alan

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/23/2020 at 5:54 AM, ya-gabor said:

 

As far as I know this is an English language site, so if you have something to say please use English language. Be so kind to show some respect towards the site and its readers.

Just as I do when writing on a Russian forum or any other even if it is not my native tongue.

 

I see that you still have problems.

I dont really understand why this is pointed at me !?   for me !?

Please address them to Zvezda, go to Lobnja, the HQ of Zvezda and speak to them if you have questions. You don’t need a special FSB approval to be able to go to Zvezda!

 

 

Yes, I have seen the Russian forums (and also the Zvezda fakebook with hundreds of not too complementary comments) and the respons to the kit in the past and in the present. 

 

 

The circled windshield on your photo.

Yes, I have one (or two) of those in real 1 to 1 scale, but what does it has to do with the kit?  People at Zvezda should be asked!!  I did speak with them in the past after the release of this so called kit. In short:

 

We did agree to disagree.

 

I dont have the kit and have absolutely no intention of ever buying it.

 

Zvezda is explaining (the deficiencies) and marketing the kit as a very cheap big kit. It could be.

But please have a look at all the dozens of aftermarkets now offered by different companies to make it look a bit better. The bill at the end of this all is astronomical and still you will now be able to build a kit from it which is up to the standard expected from a kit in 48th scale in the year of 2020!

 

The cheap Zvezda Mi-24 kit is:

-  good business for Zvezda

-  excellent business for aftermarket producers

-  a disaster for the modellers, the amount of work they have to put into it and their bank account!!!!!!!!  

 

There is nothing more that I can add to this so called kit.

 

Best regards

Gabor

 

so would I be correct to summarize that the kit is mostly accurate but lacking in details and requires extensive aftermarket parts to create a good replica?

Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, DarkKnight said:

 

so would I be correct to summarize that the kit is mostly accurate but lacking in details and requires extensive aftermarket parts to create a good replica?

 

Good definition:

 

- Mostly accurate  (shape)

 

- Lacking in details (ZERO details) and requires extensive (volume of) aftermarkets

 

I would add:

this is nothing more than an upscale of the 72nd scale kit with exactly the same amount of detail or even less

 

Yes, you need a hell of a lot of extras to make it into a decent kit. Just the same you can take a 40 year old Frog kit and buy all sorts of extras and make it into something pleasant. Absolutely no difference between the two. 

 

In 2020 one would have expected "some" details and a bit more care from a manufacturer.

 

It is intersting that some companies do up-scale or even down-scale and in the process produce something trully magnificent which has little in common with its original and I mean in a good sense. Just a recent example is the Eduard down-scale of the MiG-21PF PFM with the 72nd scale turning out with more and finer details as the original 48th scale kit!

Why can some do it while others absolutely dont care, only want to make some quick money with a minimalist kit.

 

Best regards

Gabor

Edited by ya-gabor
Link to post
Share on other sites

so, does it offer any advantages to the Revell kit?  It sounds like it requires instrument panels, tons of rivets to make it accurate, anything else aftermarket that would help? disappointing the lack of rivets, really no excuse for that 

Edited by DarkKnight
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, DarkKnight said:

so, does it offer any advantages to the Revell kit?  It sounds like it requires instrument panels, tons of rivets to make it accurate, anything else aftermarket that would help? disappointing the lack of rivets, really no excuse for that 


Yes, it’s much more accurate and has more options, especially for a later Mi-24.  I think the main issue with the Zvezda kit is the lack of detail for a 2020 kit, especially compared to some of their other kits kit the Yak-130.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...