Whose Eurofighter Typhoon is this?

Hi,

I had a look around the net and this appears to originate from a blog back in 2014. I've never seen or heard of a EF-2000 in that scheme, so I'm guessing it's a photoshop job. There is a possibility that some early RAF examples may end up in  a aggressor type scheme in the future, but nothing yet.

Gary  

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/16/2019 at 2:54 AM, ChernayaAkula said:

Isn't there a German Typhoon in some anniversary scheme like that?

Maybe, but you can tell by the markings near the intake that this is a RAF aircraft. Every nation has slightly different details in this area.

Hi again,

That's the article I found when looking around the web. I was familiar with some of the article as the company that planned to base Su-27/30's out of Iceland was connected to a professional photographer who I know and around the time of the article he was quite keen on photographing them. I didn't for one moment think it would come to anything and obviously it never did.

It still looks like a photoshop job on those two pics, an impression of what a adversary scheme could look like on a EF-2000. I doubt such a scheme on any of the airframes flying with the Eurofighter nations would have remained on the  QT from that far back, even if applied for a short time. They wouldn't have painted the radome anyway.

Gary

• 2 weeks later...

I wish somebody would paint a Typhoon like that.  Maybe Germany could bring back a Norm 81 type scheme.  I love the lines of the Typhoon, but operational jets are all just... So. Damn. Boring. 😴

-Ryan

Yeah well, they are just what they are, grey in grey. You could always do one of the many tiger schemes the Luftwaffe and the Italian and Spanish AF are doing for the annual Nato Tiger Meet exercises however. I did the original design for 2018s Ghost Tiger of FW-74, the Bavarian Tigers. Might be a little less "boring" but could also be way too ..... uhm ... flamboyant for some hihi. I did submit a proposition for next year's Tiger-Typhoon which you might kinda like, however they still haven't picked any definitve design yet as far as I know. I'm curious what it's going to be for next year.

Edited by bushande