Jump to content

1/48 - Sukhoi Su-57 "Felon" by Zvezda - released


Recommended Posts

Nice to see Zvezda finally getting into the modern 1/48 market. Hopefully, more subjects will follow in time (besides this and the Mi-24V/VP).

 

As for buying it, I'll have to see which one turns out a better option between this and the KH one. I expect Zvezda to be cheaper, if anything.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, ijozic said:

Nice to see Zvezda finally getting into the modern 1/48 market. Hopefully, more subjects will follow in time (besides this and the Mi-24V/VP).

 

???

Zvezda is in the modern 1/48th aircraft market since 2018 with the Yak-130 "Mitten". 🙂

https://en.zvezda.org.ru/catalog/sbornye-modeli/aviatsiya/sovremennaya-aviatsiya/yak_130_29905_25579/

full-4821-fx-face.png

V.P.

Edited by HomeBe
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, HomeBe said:

???

Zvezda is already in the modern 1/48th aircraft market since 2018 with the Yak-130 "Mitten". 🙂

https://en.zvezda.org.ru/catalog/sbornye-modeli/aviatsiya/sovremennaya-aviatsiya/yak_130_29905_25579/

full-4821-fx-face.png

V.P.

 

Yeah, but I discounted that one based on its small size being a small trainer jet which makes it noticeably smaller than e.g. their Su-27 in 1/72 even..

Edited by ijozic
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, gb_madcat_sl said:


Hmmm. If the length In the bottom right is correct, the kit’s scale will be about 1/62. 
 

Mark

The length quoted for their 1/72 C-130 doesn't scale right either...

Edited by K5054NZ
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/7/2019 at 3:29 AM, K5054NZ said:

The length quoted for their 1/72 C-130 doesn't scale right either...

 

Kinda hard to say without a sample on hand though. I would bet the Su-57 will be a better representation given Zvezda's "recent" history.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 8 months later...

For a number of a reasons, the nose on T-50S-2 is most likely a mock up, not a real nose. S-1 had a normal nose. As to the air intake, yes, that intake was first spotted on a modified T-50-8 a while back and later on S-1. I have been thinking of contacting Zvezda about it and ask whether they could include that intake, that would be nice...

Edited by Berkut
Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Sergei Galicky, Russia said:

I think Zvezda will have the patience to wait for the production aircraft to be released and then we will see what kind of nose cone it will have.

 

I hope that is the case. Frankly, when they announced the Su-57 in 1/48 scale, I was a bit concerned that it might be a bit premature. There are always some changes between prototypes and production aircraft for virtually all types throughout history, and personally I would very much prefer to build an in-service aircraft - even if it means waiting for another year or two. I know a lot of people like building prototypes, so this is purely my own personal preference.

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Mfezi said:

 

I hope that is the case. Frankly, when they announced the Su-57 in 1/48 scale, I was a bit concerned that it might be a bit premature. There are always some changes between prototypes and production aircraft for virtually all types throughout history, and personally I would very much prefer to build an in-service aircraft - even if it means waiting for another year or two. I know a lot of people like building prototypes, so this is purely my own personal preference.

Most probably they learned their lesson with the 1st (simplified and wrong in certain areas) and 2nd (entirely new tool and quite accurate from what I heard) iteration of the 1:72 kit.

 

In case of the 1:48 kit, it may not materialise into a full production aircraft but I am certain they will have studied it very carefully.

 

And since there are mostly A-teams working for Zvezda lately, I am eagerly awaiting for its release.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Silver Seraph said:

Most probably they learned their lesson with the 1st (simplified and wrong in certain areas) and 2nd (entirely new tool and quite accurate from what I heard) iteration of the 1:72 kit.

 

In case of the 1:48 kit, it may not materialise into a full production aircraft but I am certain they will have studied it very carefully.

 

And since there are mostly A-teams working for Zvezda lately, I am eagerly awaiting for its release.

 

Yes, I have the original 1/72nd scale kit. I haven't seen the new one, but I've heard it is much better and I commend them for re-doing it in order to improve on the original. I'm not questioning Zvezda's ability to make a kit - I already have the majority of their 1/48th scale kits and a few of their older 1/72nd scale kits. And not just in my stash - I've built several of them. I'm a huge fan. What I'm concerned about is the fact that the production versions of the full-scale aircraft they are making a model of is still not in service and that there are likely to be additional changes. If Zvezda released the 1/48 kit tomorrow, there is a good chance that I would not buy it until I see what (if any) the differences on the in-service aircraft will be so that I can build one of those. At the very least, it will affect the decal choices. This situation would probably be different if they only release the kit next year - something that may disappoint many modelers but that I would actually prefer. As I said, it is absolutely a personal preference of mine. I have a buddy who loves building experimental aircraft and prototypes: X-35, YF-23, etc. My personal preference is for in-service aircraft, therefore my patience for this particular release.

Edited by Mfezi
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/18/2020 at 2:24 PM, Sergei Galicky, Russia said:

That is the resin correction nose cone to fix the mis-shapen and too short original.. 😎

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • HomeBe changed the title to 1/48 - Sukhoi Su-57 "Felon" by Zvezda - released

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...