Jump to content

1/48 - Sukhoi Su-57 "Felon" by Zvezda - released


Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, ya-gabor said:

There is a completely new family of missiles in making by the Russians. Every missile has its own launch/catapult unit/pylon. Once you see the pylon you know what missile and what capabilities that aircraft has. There are secrets which they dont want to share with anyone. 

 

Best regards

Gabor 

 

Of course....

Link to post
Share on other sites

The world has changed a hell of a lot since early 90's or even first years of 2000 when the Russians were very open, thanks to which I had the chance to be in places and sit in aircraft that would not be possible today!!!!!!

 

Best regards

Gabor

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Solo said:

That's a placeholder page with a 'Notify me when it's available' button, they don't even have a price yet. What's worse they're showing the 1/72 kit box.

 

I placed my pre-order with i-modelist from Russia. been buying from them for the last 5 years and excellent service from them.

https://i-modelist.ru/goods/model/aviacija/zvezda/288/62873.html

Currently they have theirs at 2500 rubles with extras included. I'm expecting the price to come down to 2000-2250 Rubles for the kit alone after they're done with that pre-orders and early buyers bundle. According to them they're expecting a late december release.

 

Edited by Inquisitor
Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Inquisitor said:

That's a placeholder page with a 'Notify me when it's available' button, they don't even have a price yet. What's worse they're showing the 1/72 kit box

I have just bought that kit, one of five available. They are no available now, people bought it out during few minutes.
One of my friends bougth that kit from another polish shop and his package now is ready to shipment so I do believe those kits are really available, that is not proeorder.
I am a little bit suprised by the price: 38 USD for the 1:48 kit, almost 250 parts and 46 cm model. Very cheap.

Edited by Solo
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Solo said:

I have just bought that kit, one of five available. They are no available now, people bought it out during few minutes.
One of my friends bougth that kit from another polish shop and his package now is ready to shipment so I do believe those kits are really available, that is not proeorder.
I am a little bit suprised by the price: 38 USD for the 1:48 kit, almost 250 parts and 46 cm model. Very cheap.

Solo,  when you get your kit, please show us the  plastic.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, I have just received my kit. I am affraid there is no fun.
First of all, that kit is just a direct rescale of 1:72 kit. Period.
No details, empty wheel bays, empty cockpit, no rivets. Sorry, that is a ugly true.

Ok, here there are few pictures for you

.

The Box. Is nice and sturdy, but inside 2 hull halves were put inside without any plastic bag or safety foil. 

 

N0aDep0.jpg

 

In the box there are mentioned 2 hull halves plus 5 sprues with gray plastic and clear one.
That is all: for the model of the plane almost as big as Su-35 is is very poor content.

 

The Hull. Two halves, with very rough, rugged plastic. Wide and shallow panel lines. No rivets. Even one.

 

SHVG7Pa.jpg

7fddZyR.jpg

 

And what about details? Here you can see the cockpit:

 

4SJah6v.jpg

 

...and the nose wheel bay:

 

WiWYVw9.jpg

 

 

The Sprues. First one mostly with inlets, cockpit and weapon bay doors. Second one one is mostly with many control surfaces. I can't see any otpions to make anything movable. Unlike the hull halves, all of the rest of plastic is very smooth. Strange.

 

Dv4f0k1.jpg

 

Ok, that is details of main wheels bay:

 

IWh947s.jpg

 

That is second part of that bays. Also you can see nice nose gears. The gears and wheels are very good detailed. One of very few advantages of that kit.

 

dNvIulk.jpg

 

Masterpiece of cockpit and ejection seat:

 

IoFPCRo.jpg

 

Third sprue is almost only with "details" of weapon bay and the R-77 missiles:

 

XE0yvyR.jpg

 

As you can see, the details are crispy and sharp, but there is lack of them.

 

ztfXOPT.jpg

 

There are also 2 sprues with exhaust nozzles, fuel tanks, and CH-31s, and many pylons and launchers as well.

 

OZsU77V.jpg

 

Surprisingly, all of that is very nice and crispy. Exhaust nozzles have thin edges, nice details. There are nozzles for variants of aircraft.

 

sdvbwfm.jpg

 

Wheels are also very nice:

 

Jg2fMV3.jpg

 

The same is with the missiles:

 

mpYoPhZ.jpg

 

The pilot:

 

Lbx6NjL.jpg

 

At the end there is a glass. Canopy and windshild are very nice: thin glass, very clear. There is small scratch on mine canopy what is a problem, because there is no possibilities to polish Zvezda glass - it makes very cloudy during sanding and polishing.

 

JRHUWvc.jpg

 

The Decals. Printed probably by Begemot. Very good quality, hard edges, everything is clear and detailed.

 

5rpujIF.jpg

i1diHmJ.jpg

 

And that is all.
I can't say anything more than this kit is really, really big disappointment for me.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Solo, thank you for sharing the pictures.

What did you expect to be for a yet very secret aircraft?

Empty cockpit - ok. No problem nowadays, especially when Quinta Studio issued a wonderful 3D printed cockpit. Tempmodels is releasing proper exhausts and wheels.

Empty front wheelbays - fine - this will need to be loaded a bit according to the pictures.

 

Could have been better, but nothing too bad really.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Solo said:

Please... Compare that kit to Su-35 GWH with separated sprue with only pipes and wiring for wheel bays.
We have 2020 not 1970.

 

Why do I need to compare it with another model of another company?
When GWH makes it's Su-57, then I will compare.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Compare quality of the plastic and level of details. GWH belongs to premium class, Zvezda with that Su-57 belongs to... I don't know... third world class? GWH represents the best details possible in 2020. Zvezda and Su-57 represents level of details from 1970.

Link to post
Share on other sites

It is difficult to comment.

Just like it was for the Zvezda Mi-24 kit in 48th scale. One, or to be more precise WE as more dedicated modellers have to accept that there are differences in kit producer companies priorities. Looking at the simplicity of the kit and its price I am sure it will be a big success on domestic market for kids who don’t give a  . . . . for cockpit detail or surface rivets. For them it will be a kit of the “latest and worlds best fighter” and it will be more than enough for them bringing healthy sales to the maker.

 

Also there is an ever stronger nationalism and protectionism on given markets. Brits tend to accept and turn a blind eye if AirFrig makes a mistake or two, same with Chinese manufacturers, Russians with Zvezd or even Czechs with domestic kit makers. Somewhere seen a response saying “OK the other (foreign) makers kit looks better but I rather wait for our own maker to produce it”.

 

All we can do is to accept this.

 

Going back to this new release. The hard-core modellers, if they really want to make an above average kit of the Su-57 will buy all sorts of aftermarkets and do a lot of scratch build to get there from this 57 kit.

One can argue that on service aircraft when they will go into battle all the rivets are puttied to decrease reflection, which is OK, but I don’t think that the fast openers, screw heads for panels open after every flight are going to be covered time and time again before every flight. From the sprue photos it is evident that from this kit only with addition of current engine exhaust can one make the examples flying today. Oh well.

 

Actually speaking of the real Su-57 there is one additional thing that came to light and was discussed in detail on Russian forums. It is now visible that inside the intake before the engine face there is a radial “mesh” which deflects radar radiation and hides the highly reflective engine front. Sure some photoetch aftermarket will soon release this simple part.

 

Personally after the Mi-24 I am not surprised by this kit. Fortunately there are more than a lifetimes worth of kits in the stash . . .

 

Best regards

Gabor  

Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Solo said:

Compare quality of the plastic and level of details. GWH belongs to premium class, Zvezda with that Su-57 belongs to... I don't know... third world class? GWH represents the best details possible in 2020. Zvezda and Su-57 represents level of details from 1970.

 

I am not a whining type of a guy. No problem for me, mate. I bought it with all the gears on a special promotion for 25 pounds and happy - new correct nozzles, cockpit, missiles and wheels. The rest is up to me and my skills, which are great 😝

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, ya-gabor said:

It is difficult to comment.

Just like it was for the Zvezda Mi-24 kit in 48th scale. One, or to be more precise WE as more dedicated modellers have to accept that there are differences in kit producer companies priorities. Looking at the simplicity of the kit and its price I am sure it will be a big success on domestic market for kids who don’t give a  . . . . for cockpit detail or surface rivets. For them it will be a kit of the “latest and worlds best fighter” and it will be more than enough for them bringing healthy sales to the maker.

 

Also there is an ever stronger nationalism and protectionism on given markets. Brits tend to accept and turn a blind eye if AirFrig makes a mistake or two, same with Chinese manufacturers, Russians with Zvezd or even Czechs with domestic kit makers. Somewhere seen a response saying “OK the other (foreign) makers kit looks better but I rather wait for our own maker to produce it”.

 

All we can do is to accept this.

 

Going back to this new release. The hard-core modellers, if they really want to make an above average kit of the Su-57 will buy all sorts of aftermarkets and do a lot of scratch build to get there from this 57 kit.

One can argue that on service aircraft when they will go into battle all the rivets are puttied to decrease reflection, which is OK, but I don’t think that the fast openers, screw heads for panels open after every flight are going to be covered time and time again before every flight. From the sprue photos it is evident that from this kit only with addition of current engine exhaust can one make the examples flying today. Oh well.

 

Actually speaking of the real Su-57 there is one additional thing that came to light and was discussed in detail on Russian forums. It is now visible that inside the intake before the engine face there is a radial “mesh” which deflects radar radiation and hides the highly reflective engine front. Sure some photoetch aftermarket will soon release this simple part.

 

Personally after the Mi-24 I am not surprised by this kit. Fortunately there are more than a lifetimes worth of kits in the stash . . .

 

Best regards

Gabor  

 

👌 well said Gabor

Link to post
Share on other sites

Now try to buy GWH 1/72 kit in  similar price... Not to say 1/48.

You get what you pay for. This Zvezda look like a solid base for those who like resin aftermarket or don't mind making it in-flight 🙂 Actually some always use resin wheel/weapon bays/cockpits so selling it for €30 as is is still better than addition of average plastic parts and raising the price by another €15 which now can be spent on AM.

Edited by Tapchan
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • HomeBe changed the title to 1/48 - Sukhoi Su-57 "Felon" by Zvezda - released

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...