Jump to content

1/48 - Sukhoi Su-57 "Felon" by Zvezda - released


Recommended Posts

On 11/15/2020 at 8:37 AM, Mr Matt Foley said:

I do look forward to the experts among you to get your hands on the kit for a good review and corrective measures for the kit. I would like to build the Su-57 and add it to my other Gen 5 fighters.

 

 

Word!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry, but this heavy critic is endequate, sorry guys.

 

"Frelon" is heavy classified aircraft. I bought in this summer a J-20 "Mighty Dragon" from Trumpy. How many pics are from B-2 Spirit ? And this is a thirty years old aircraft. 

 

Hind is different case, it is very popular helicopter and Zvezda can make better suface details (rivets).

 

Su-35 aka "Flanker - E" isn´t classified aircraft. It is a standard fighter. But price of  GWH is about 100% highers.... And GWH  Su-35 is  little overhyped kit. New "old" Flanker may have better surface. But it is a nice kit, but little overpriced.

 

But "Frelon" is stealth. Who made a  nice and accurate (with no Transformers  sufrace details ?) Italeri is old, Academy is OOP (and first bath have non accurate nose shape) and Hasegawa is expensive with non accurate surface details.

 

And do you think a chinese company made a better kit of top secret russian stealth  fighter ?  Im sure - not !  Chinese companies many time can´t "rendering" a  old  types as MiG-21 or - worse - MiG-15. In former Czechoslovakia was MiG-15 in any corner as toy in childs playgrounds near schools and kindergartens...  Look of new Bronco... Huh ! 

 

And is logic a weapons producers can´t give a full acess to their newest prototypes and types. It is about national security, why USA don´t export a F-22 "Raptor" ? Because TOP Secret.

 

Where is problem ? Stealth fighters are for builds very simple - when you make close weapons bay, you have kit for weekend in colour....

 

And Pak-Fa or "Frelon" was nice addition to quarter scale collection.  And for few bucks... (Most expensive is (in Czech Republic) J-20. Su-57 is under 1000CZK (30€ or 50$).

 

Scale kits are - toys. Still toys... And when is new Pak-Fa accurate in shape, where is problem ?

Simple kit of newest Russian fighter jet for few bucks, euro, crowns...

 

Why dissapointed ?  This ISN´T Hind ! BTW: Hind from Zvezda coming in auttum 2021  in re-box  and tuning from Eduard. But still it is most accurate shaped Hind in "kings" scale...

 

Greeting from Prague and nice Holidays !!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • HomeBe changed the title to 1/48 - Sukhoi Su-57 "Felon" by Zvezda - released

Without going into an argument about the new Zvezda kits details, all I can do is to show some very fresh photos (1 day old) of the 01 production aircraft in flight on its transit (at Tolmachevo in Novosibirsk) from factory to the GLIC test facility. Photo by Andrey Zakharenko

 

EWmX4dx.jpg

 

Photo is from here:

https://russianplanes.net/id277093

 

If anyone adds the details or not it is up to them, but here you can see it.

 

Best regards

Gabor

Link to post
Share on other sites

I am mildly confused by the things you "point out"? T-50 has had silver hubs since, *checks notes*, always? And same with fasteners. And same with warning markings? Canopy has been tinted since T-50-6-2 and 2015. The only actually new thing you point out is the vent covers. While we are pointing things out i would like to point out that the wheels are in fact, round.

 

I am more interested in whether anyone is working on a new resin replacement left stab intake, both in 1/72 and 1/48.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Berkut said:

I am mildly confused by the things you "point out"? T-50 has had silver hubs since, *checks notes*, always? And same with fasteners. And same with warning markings? Canopy has been tinted since T-50-6-2 and 2015. The only actually new thing you point out is the vent covers. While we are pointing things out i would like to point out that the wheels are in fact, round.

 

I am more interested in whether anyone is working on a new resin replacement left stab intake, both in 1/72 and 1/48.

 

 

Main lacking of the kit is numerous rivets and pronounced panel lines. That is the point. Not that difficult to grasp.  

 

Easy to fix for some, impossible for others 🙂 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Besides what Ya-gabor pointed out.

The new vents are also on top and there's a new sensor at the tip of the left wing root missile bay, doesn't seem to be present on the right one.

 

new.jpg

Edited by Inquisitor
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/26/2020 at 7:14 PM, foxmulder_ms said:

 

 

Main lacking of the kit is numerous rivets and pronounced panel lines. That is the point. Not that difficult to grasp.  

 

Easy to fix for some, impossible for others 🙂 

That is weird, because i don't see Gabor even once referring to rivets. That is because he didn't. He referred to screws/fast locks (I personally just call them fasteners, although that is maybe not always correct?). And if you mean i wouldn't be able to rescribe/add rivets, my YF-23 Italeri build would disagree with you babe.🙂 

 

Not many rivets to spot exactly on T-50S-2 after a thicc coat with RAM (high res pic);

 

dPUa1iM.jpg

 

2 hours ago, Inquisitor said:

Besides what Ya-gabor pointed out.

The new vents are also on top and there's a new sensor at the tip of the left wing root missile bay, doesn't seem to be present on the right one.

 

new.jpg

 

The new sensor is called 101KS-P and it was previously only fitted to T-50-10 IIRC, also on same side. Which is weird because atleast previously it was to be two sensors, one on each fast bay. It is used for landing (including autonomous) and low flight.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Berkut said:

That is weird, because i don't see Gabor even once referring to rivets. That is because he didn't. He referred to screws/fast locks (I personally just call them fasteners, although that is maybe not always correct?). And if you mean i wouldn't be able to rescribe/add rivets, my YF-23 Italeri build would disagree with you babe.🙂 

 

Not many rivets to spot exactly on T-50S-2 after a thicc coat with RAM (high res pic);

 

dPUa1iM.jpg

 

 

The new sensor is called 101KS-P and it was previously only fitted to T-50-10 IIRC, also on same side. Which is weird because atleast previously it was to be two sensors, one on each fast bay. It is used for landing (including autonomous) and low flight.

 

Weird...they're using a wooden radome on that jet. No doubt made of Baltic Birch.

Link to post
Share on other sites

It is not wood but some kind of composite. And it is not a real radome - it is a mock up with a weird shape and they likely placed it there before the shoot to hide the radar array. They have shown the array itself plenty of times at MAKS but there is likely some other secret sause in there related to RCS. (Radar array is a nice reflector)

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Berkut said:

It is not wood but some kind of composite. And it is not a real radome - it is a mock up with a weird shape and they likely placed it there before the shoot to hide the radar array. They have shown the array itself plenty of times at MAKS but there is likely some other secret sause in there related to RCS. (Radar array is a nice reflector)

 

You took that hook, line and sinker Berkut. 🤣

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Berkut said:

That is weird, because i don't see Gabor even once referring to rivets. That is because he didn't. He referred to screws/fast locks (I personally just call them fasteners, although that is maybe not always correct?). And if you mean i wouldn't be able to rescribe/add rivets, my YF-23 Italeri build would disagree with you babe.🙂 

 

Not many rivets to spot exactly on T-50S-2 after a thicc coat with RAM (high res pic);

 

dPUa1iM.jpg

 

 

The new sensor is called 101KS-P and it was previously only fitted to T-50-10 IIRC, also on same side. Which is weird because atleast previously it was to be two sensors, one on each fast bay. It is used for landing (including autonomous) and low flight.

 

 

Sometimes you make me certain that you just argue for the argument sake 😄 

Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Mr Matt Foley said:

 

You took that hook, line and sinker Berkut. 🤣

I aim to please. 😛 I have seen others comment previously it looks like wood previously so figured you were serious, not sarcastic. 🙂

 

28 minutes ago, foxmulder_ms said:

 

 

Sometimes you make me certain that you just argue for the argument sake 😄 

Oh, only when i read nonsense. 🙂 ❤️

Edited by Berkut
Link to post
Share on other sites

Regarding the "new" covers. Here is a new video from RT (yes, RT sucks) and the new covers appeared a couple of times here;

 

 

Did some digging and appears frame shown with them is T-50-10 and it is the only prototype that has them. I don't *think* it had them from the start but looks to have been fitted them somewhere between March 2018 and October 2018. With this pic i remember to have seen them before but just forgot about them;

 

239689.jpg

 

https://russianplanes.net/id239689

 

Not sure whether they are on top too or not.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...

Some new images released today of the "first" production example at Akhubinsk test center.

 

The aircarft number 01 is of course blue and not red as in the Zvezda kit. It is worth noting that the over all surface is absolutely clean with the exception of service panels. But even the overlapping panels on the metal surface have some "rivet" lines on them as visible on close ups. Not many but . . .

 

RLDBNxv.jpg

 

bJtIMFN.jpg

 

toZJI4M.jpg

 

Mesh on air vents of intakes and the gun are also interesting.

 

7SFKPj6.jpg

 

The so "secret" nose gear bay is also visible now.

 

0Kj7s3G.jpg

 

Best regards

Gabor

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, ya-gabor said:

The so "secret" nose gear bay is also visible now.

 

0Kj7s3G.jpg

 

Best regards

Gabor

Look at all those hydraulic lines and cables zvezda missed in their so innacurate kit!!!

And yes, besides it being bare of any visible lines and cables in both instances besides what looks like different switch panels. I'm aware the shape in the kit is really far off from the very complex shapes in the real nose wheel well we can see now. Not that it matters much since mentioned before most of it is closed off by the doors unless you're purposely depicting it like this mid retraction/deployment

Edited by Inquisitor
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Inquisitor said:

Look at all those hydraulic lines and cables zvezda missed in their so innacurate kit!!!

And yes, besides it being bare of any visible lines and cables in both instances besides what looks like different switch panels. I'm aware the shape in the kit is really far off from the very complex shapes in the real nose wheel well we can see now. Not that it matters much since mentioned before most of it is closed off by the doors unless you're purposely depicting it like this mid retraction/deployment

 

I bet it was photoshopped for security purposes 😉

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Inquisitor said:

Look at all those hydraulic lines and cables zvezda missed in their so innacurate kit!!!

And yes, besides it being bare of any visible lines and cables in both instances besides what looks like different switch panels. I'm aware the shape in the kit is really far off from the very complex shapes in the real nose wheel well we can see now. Not that it matters much since mentioned before most of it is closed off by the doors unless you're purposely depicting it like this mid retraction/deployment

 

 

Details on this kit are abysmal. period. For a nice wash you have to scribe everything. 

 

Still looks very good from 4 feet though.. hope it sells really well so they may have extra cash to do a 1/48 mig1.44 😜

Edited by foxmulder_ms
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, ya-gabor said:

Some new images released today of the "first" production example at Akhubinsk test center.

 

It appears at least some of those images are from this video, also released yesterday:

 

And more useful walkaround footage (but take care - most of the in-flight footage is of the prototypes):

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Mr Matt Foley said:

Thanks Gabor. I'm surprised the closeup shots of the skin are available.

 

They are print screens from a video released yesterday by OAK following the making of the "first" aircraft at the KnAAZ factory last year, basically from start to flight. Yesterday couple videos from news TV programs was also released on the Aktubinsk test center with the reporter getting into this № 01 aircraft.

 

Closeup shots of the skin are interesting but not realy giving away too much of the real military secrets of the aircraft! It is more interesting for us modellers! to see some surface features.

 

The Zvezda kit is what it is. : (  I dont see any point in getting into it. The post above was more to show the real aircraft and support with this people who want to build it with  a little more extra detailing. 

 

At the time of making the kit - the designer admited - they simply did not have any info or photos of the nose gear bay, so instead of fiction they simply left it bare. Yesterday was the first time that the sequence of nose gear retraction was shown in that video, revealing some of the interior. There is absolutely nothing "secret" about it, nothing special inside the bay, only till now it was never shown!

If I was to build the kit, I would certainly detail this bay, and the gear doors are not always closed, so . . .

 

The pattern of the mesh could give some ideas to some photoetch aftermarket producers. 

 

Best regards

Gabor

Link to post
Share on other sites

In short, it appears the kit skimps on details, but overall dimensions are pretty good. I guess one can go the simple route and build a very nice desktop model (perhaps with the aircraft in flight) or use it as a base for what could be a really fun detailing project. I think most of us understood the limitations based on the timing of the release. I may wait a little to see what becomes available in terms of aftermarket, but in my opinion, this is one of the most beautiful military aircraft currently in service anywhere, and at one point or another I will have to add a 1/48th scale version to my display case. I've seen the real thing in flight: It has real presence due to its size, and I think it deserves to be done in 1/48th scale - my 1/72nd scale one does not do it justice.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...