1/48 - Sukhoi Su-57 "Felon" by Zvezda - released

We must understand that those are now released video, but Zvezda probably started design in 3D software probably over year ago... so they put what they have in that time..... for me it is obvius that they missed so many rivets and service panel bolts.... probably someone in China laughing right now and starts new .ipt with name Su-57 😀😀😀

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I may have to pass this one ( even if I was drooling when it was first announced) and wait for the improved version of it or maybe China would come up with their branding with much improved rendition.

Edited by flybywire
On 1/30/2021 at 10:33 AM, Mfezi said:

In short, it appears the kit skimps on details, but overall dimensions are pretty good. I guess one can go the simple route and build a very nice desktop model (perhaps with the aircraft in flight) or use it as a base for what could be a really fun detailing project. I think most of us understood the limitations based on the timing of the release. I may wait a little to see what becomes available in terms of aftermarket, but in my opinion, this is one of the most beautiful military aircraft currently in service anywhere, and at one point or another I will have to add a 1/48th scale version to my display case. I've seen the real thing in flight: It has real presence due to its size, and I think it deserves to be done in 1/48th scale - my 1/72nd scale one does not do it justice.

Pretty much. It isn't a bad kit IMHO - just a lazy one. Personally, i don't think the rivets are that visible (however, much more now surprisingly than in the previous shots) so i wouldn't bother adding them, even in 1/48 scale. Fasteners however, are still prevalent and much more visible and would add some nice "texture" and detail to the surface of the model. I don't see why Zvezda couldn't add those, there is thousands of pictures of previous prototypes and those fasteners haven't changed radically on the serial ones. Can't imagine that would take that many days for the designer to add them after a could days worth of research. Heck, i would donate my whole 6700+ T-50/Su-57 pic collection to anyone who could do justice to the plane if it would help them.😁

So yeah, hopefully some Chinese company (since those have now taken the lead in terms of injection molding technology IMHO) essentially copies Zvezda Su-57 OML, adds detail wherever possible from whatever sources that are available and ads option for the different style intakes.

If I may, comparing the latest Zvezda kits of the Mig-29, Su-30 and Su-33 to their Su-57 it's evident how this latest one lacks in the finer details that would normally be available from a not so classified aircraft.

At least the shape is good, and while I do not build 1/48, I may even get a second of their 1/72 ones hoping that one day we may finally see how those pesky weapons bays look inside.

On 2/1/2021 at 3:08 PM, Berkut said:

So yeah, hopefully some Chinese company (since those have now taken the lead in terms of injection molding technology IMHO) essentially copies Zvezda Su-57 OML, adds detail wherever possible from whatever sources that are available and ads option for the different style intakes.

Well, Kitty Hawk was already announced so there's one alternative. It will probably have some issues, but will be much better detailed than the Zvezda kit. Ditto for the Mi-24. I just hope they do a decent job regarding fit and accuracy.

1 hour ago, ijozic said:

Well, Kitty Hawk was already announced so there's one alternative. It will probably have some issues, but will be much better detailed than the Zvezda kit. Ditto for the Mi-24. I just hope they do a decent job regarding fit and accuracy.

Huh?

15 hours ago, Mr Matt Foley said:

Huh?

Kitty Hawk has announced making both Su-57 and Mi-24 kits in 1/48 (among a bunch of other Soviet/Russian stuff)?

Or which part exactly were you referring to?

Edited by ijozic
4 hours ago, ijozic said:

Kitty Hawk has announced making both Su-57 and Mi-24 kits in 1/48 (among a bunch of other Soviet/Russian stuff)?

Or which part exactly were you referring to?

Cool. I didn't hear about that. It will be interesting to see how that turns out. Is mention of it on their FaceBook page?

43 minutes ago, Berkut said:

I am not holding my breath for KittyHawk to produce an accurate kit of Su-57.

I'm not holding my breath for Kittyhawk to produce an accurate kit of anything.

1 hour ago, Berkut said:

I am not holding my breath for KittyHawk to produce an accurate kit of Su-57.

Aren't they improving? Are there any significant shape issues with their Su-27 or Su-35 kits?

I'm sure the detail level will be a few levels above the very basic Zvezda kit.

Kittyhawk is great. If it wasn't for Great Wall Hobby they would have been the best source for all those Sukhois. Also they care to invest on subject no other company does. So big KUDOS to them. 

I am pretty confident they can beat this Zvezda 1/48 Su-57.

Edited by foxmulder_ms
16 hours ago, Stephen said:

I'm not holding my breath for Kittyhawk to produce an accurate kit of anything.

The main issue I see with the kits is that we are still dealing with poor assembly instructions. With some patience you can build a good model with the newer kits. The 1/32 Mirage can build up into a knockout kit. Some will call out a few details missing or a couple mm off in dimensions, but they have improved significantly. If you build the Su-34 kit (like I have) it can be made into a gem with patience.

Video didnt work here atleast, had to download it. Personally not too impressed by the detail on either that exhaust or the cockpit. Especially the cockpit, i feel like the one i have from Temp models in 1/72 looks much much nicer... Less "robotic" detail and no 3D print residue.

On 2/5/2021 at 1:10 PM, Kasatka said:

Seal Model Kit issued a cockpit for the Su-57

IMG_5530.jpeg

Wow, I thought the cockpit tub was the plastic/kit part for a moment... then I remember that the kit parts are flat.

On 2/5/2021 at 1:10 PM, Kasatka said:

Seal Model Kit issued a cockpit for the Su-57

Where is it available. I can not find such manufacturer as Seal Model on FB or Google.

1 hour ago, Mr Matt Foley said:

VK will want you to sign up. No thanks....

I gave you an alternative. Send Kirill an email and ask him to send the list of their products. Don't thank me. 🤪

So far the range is as on the picture

Screenshot 2021-02-09 at 22.27.43.png