1/72 - Lockheed C-130H Hercules by Zvezda - released

So are the box outlines on each side of the fuselage possibly optional pieces to allow the modeling of early vs. late -Hs?  This piece would have the appropriate cabin window arrangement - all in line horizontally for the early birds, or with the second window slightly higher on the late airframes.  The right side image seems to show the LAIRCM fairing on the aft fuselage - a standard fit on many current aircraft.  Looking good so far!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 6/6/2020 at 10:03 PM, ChesshireCat said:

who will be the first to do an in flight version with the ramp down and with paratroopers barrel rolling out the back?

gary

Make it a Combat Talon with the back end open doing a HSLLADS drop! Those were awesome!

Cheers...Ron

• 1 month later...
On 7/3/2020 at 11:32 PM, aircommando130 said:

Make it a Combat Talon with the back end open doing a HSLLADS drop! Those were awesome!

Cheers...Ron

Well my figure painting would seriously have to get better to suck! Yet I'd kinda like to do one with my son in-law and the two younger boys (Rangers) doing the barrel roll off the ramp and screaming bloody murder. Could have happened as their Dad was a Jumpmaster, but he's retired now. !/48th scale would be better, but can only imagine doing one in 1/35th!

gary

17 minutes ago, Falcon053 said:

I'll  be getting one of these for sure, loaded cargo on many of them during my AF career. Any word if they will come out with a J at some point?

I remember my first ride in one, and vowed I'd never ever get in one again! But I did! I was in the one shot up in Phu Bai, and still crept back to Chu Lai. Once again I deemed it bad luck, till I rode in a C123. Difference was like a Ford and a Caddy!  Best  ride was in a converted DC-3 by a wide margin. 

gary

1 hour ago, ChesshireCat said:

I remember my first ride in one, and vowed I'd never ever get in one again! But I did! I was in the one shot up in Phu Bai, and still crept back to Chu Lai. Once again I deemed it bad luck, till I rode in a C123. Difference was like a Ford and a Caddy!  Best  ride was in a converted DC-3 by a wide margin. 

gary

2500 hours in the C-130E/MC-130P/H as a loadmaster...loved every day in the Hercules! Another 4000 hours in the C-5A/B and some exotic JSOC airplanes.

2 hours ago, aircommando130 said:

2500 hours in the C-130E/MC-130P/H as a loadmaster...loved every day in the Hercules! Another 4000 hours in the C-5A/B and some exotic JSOC airplanes.

good for you! I never quite got used to the lack of sound deadener in the back. Yet I learned that it was the best chance you had to get back alive. Probably the most debugged airframe on the planet. They were in the air in 1954, and are still flying as I write this.

gary

• 2 weeks later...

Mouth-watering to say the least 🤤🤪!

It looks like a great kit, not too complicated but enough details. I was hoping for separated controls and extended flaps but hey, it is still a new tool Hercules from one of the leading brands, well done !

I loved the Revell Transall, I am going to worship this Hercules kit 🙏🏼 !

Cheers !

Edited by Silver Seraph
6 hours ago, ChesshireCat said:

looks like there is no interior in the back, plus the ramp is questionable. I predict a lot of after market parts for this kit in the future

gary

It looks to me it offers more interior parts than the Italeri kit, roof, floor and some side panels around the wheel wells. There is no shot showing the interior of the fuselage halves yet.

13 hours ago, Trojan Thunder said:

It looks to me it offers more interior parts than the Italeri kit, roof, floor and some side panels around the wheel wells. There is no shot showing the interior of the fuselage halves yet.

I sorta figure that if there was an interior, they'd have shown it. I'm more concerned about the ramp. Lets hope it looks as good as the rest of the kit. I can already see two heading my way!  Been a very long time since I was inside one, but there's plenty of documentation to go by

gary

Seeing some glaring errors!

On the upper wings, that inboard hump at the engine nacelle attach point goes too far aft. The inboard hump is non-existent.

The dry bay access panels that should be oval, not rectangular.

The “Mae West” radio compartment by the left side life raft tubs is incorrect.

On 9/3/2020 at 12:17 AM, SteveV22FE said:

Seeing some glaring errors!

On the upper wings, that inboard hump at the engine nacelle attach point goes too far aft. The inboard hump is non-existent.

Look again, the hump you see there is for the outboard engine!

A conversion for the gunship is offered with preorder of the kit at one Russian shop.

Best regards

Gabor 

Edited by ya-gabor
  • 2 weeks later...

This kit looks promising!  I really would like to get that conversion for the AC-130H as well.  I visited the site, but doesn't appear that if can be converted to English anywhere on the page unless I am missing something.

David

• 1 month later...
  • HomeBe changed the title to 1/72 - Lockheed C-130H Hercules by Zvezda - released
  • 3 weeks later...