1/48 - McDonnell-Douglas F/A-18C/D Hornet "Agressors" (new boxing) by Kinetic - box art - release January 2020

Hasegawa commercial strategy emulates Kinetic? Release, re-release, rebox, re-re-release, re-re-box... 😎

New boxing - ref. K48088 - McDonnell-Douglas F/A-18C/D Hornet "Agressors" VFC-112.

Release expected in January 2020.

Source: https://www.facebook.com/Kineticmodel/photos/a.129549237212196/1408902075943566/

Box art

78500767-1408902082610232-47166897654270

V.P.

MattMemory2.jpg&key=454549e46694cda5ab5f

Edited by HomeBe

The box art sold this kit to me. I really don´t need another hornet.. but I guess I do.
The original release had quite a pair of aggressor options. But silly me, I went for the "most boring" of them all, the Finnish one, since, when I built it in 2018, it was the centennial of the Finnish Air Force. 

8 hours ago, HomeBe said:

Hasegawa commercial strategy emulates Kinetic? Release, re-release, rebox, re-re-release, re-re-box... 😎

New boxing - ref. K48088 - McDonnell-Douglas F/A-18C/D Hornet "Agressors" VFC-112.

Release expected in January 2020.

Source: https://www.facebook.com/Kineticmodel/photos/a.129549237212196/1408902075943566/

Box art

78500767-1408902082610232-47166897654270

V.P.

MattMemory2.jpg&key=454549e46694cda5ab5f

We may different from Hasegawa approach our decal variant runs for years. 

We have different approach for different subject, for some niche item we put all possible marking into one box. But for subject like f-18 or f-104, the market demand decal variant for different distribution and we will release according to the demand. 

26 minutes ago, Raymond Chung said:

Yep, and the price of re-issued kits is the same or very similar to that of the original kit, Hasegawa does not even come close 🥰

Nothing wrong with it if Kinetic did actually emulate Hasegawa. I mean, more boxings with well-researched and well-printed decals - who would complain about that?

Ain't anything wrong with Hasegawa's approach either. More decal options! Why would anyone complain about that? 

I've bought a sizeable number of Hasegawa boxings specifically for their decal options. If there's an aftermarket option, I'd go for that. But in many cases, there simply aren't any.

Edited by ChernayaAkula
13 hours ago, Whiskey said:

I have the Furball sheet with this aircraft on it so I don't need to but it just for the markings. Great box art thou.

I do as well but may pick this one up as well, just in case I screw up the decal set.

Edited by FlyAndFight
  • 5 months later...
51 minutes ago, longmc said:

Does anyone know if this kit has the corrected front windscreen? What kits have been corrected? 

TIA,

Mike

I asked Kinetic if the older boxings of the Blue Angels and aggressor kit had the fix that new gold standard boxing had and they said yes.

7 hours ago, fulcrum1 said:

I asked Kinetic if the older boxings of the Blue Angels and aggressor kit had the fix that new gold standard boxing had and they said yes.

Great! thanks for the response. I emailed kinetic asking if we could get the newer windscreen for the older kits. 

Hopefully I can order a few.

13 hours ago, Solo said:

I asked them the same, but they responded me that they only replace claimed parts but do not sell the new ones.

That's too bad. They sent me replacement tails when they corrected them. 

8 hours ago, Solo said:

What tails?

The original release F-18C had misshaped tails, with attached rudders. The next release had corrected the shape, and separate the rudders from the tails. 

The original flat topped tails weren't really that bad. Then again, I did build the HB Hornet, which had it wrong the other way. But I'm glad they corrected it.

More Hornet boxings, more fun.  🤤

Just wish there was an aft IP correction set for the USMC Delta - just that, not with the resin nose and stuff like Wolfpack. Would probably fit both the Kinetic and Hasegawa Hornets.

On 12/8/2019 at 5:25 PM, Raymond Chung said:

We have different approach for different subject, for some niche item we put all possible marking into one box. But for subject like f-18 or f-104, the market demand decal variant for different distribution and we will release according to the demand. 

Hi Raymod

when do you think this model will appear on your web-site?

I have ordered the box but wanted to see the manual for the kit and in particular the colours schemes and paint references to order paints in advance.

thank you

Sergey