Molotow Liquid Chrome

Hey All,

Guess it's my time to report on using stuff that others have raved about previously, but I just wanted to tell people in case they didn't know about this.  The product I'm talking about this time is the Molotow Liquid Chrome.  I bought the 1mm pen, and I think you can get these in 1, 2, 3 and 4mm tips.  I bought one a few months back, but just tried using it for the first time today.  To be honest, I was a bit skeptical despite the great reviews I'd read, but I have to tell you that THIS IS IT!!!!  AMAZING.  It truly is chrome in a pen.  I've used it, today, on the oleos for a few landing gear struts, and darn if this stuff is not literally chrome in a pen!!!  I will tell you that these pens are pricey, but I've been told they last for a long time, even with rare use, as mine will be.  But if you have heard about these, and have held off getting one, don't hesitate any more.  Order one today!  I have no affiliation with the company, just a hugely satisfied user!

6 hours ago, ORANGF15Guy said:

Where can I source these paint pens?

Amazon, Blick Art Supplies, lots of places.  Just do a search on ‘Molotow Liquid Chrome’.  Many suppliers show up.  You won’t be disappointed, trust me!  Good luck!

4 hours ago, Hubbie Marsten said:

Good thing about the Molotow markers is that, once empty, you can disassemble the cap and refill them with the Gaianotes Premium Mirror Chrome series of paints. If you dilute this paint with lacquer thinner you'll get a shine which eats the Molotow for breakfast!

Seriously?  After my experience yesterday, frankly, I’m unsure how a chrome coating (paint, etc., whatever the Molotow substance is) could possibly be better.  However, I’ll cede to your opinion on this!

Curt,

I couldn't believe my eyes either after having watched Matt's comparison review on YouTube. He reviews three different metalisers on this video. If you want, just skip to 12:40 - it's worth watching the effect these Gaianotes paints achieve, and then the effect gets even better after buffing it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfLlmmu_rDg

I've ordered one bottle just to try it on my NMF kits, and found out the effect is even better when thinned down. It's unbelivable until you experiment it. 

On 12/16/2019 at 12:18 PM, Hubbie Marsten said:

Curt,

I couldn't believe my eyes either after having watched Matt's comparison review on YouTube. He reviews three different metalisers on this video. If you want, just skip to 12:40 - it's worth watching the effect these Gaianotes paints achieve, and then the effect gets even better after buffing it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfLlmmu_rDg

I've ordered one bottle just to try it on my NMF kits, and found out the effect is even better when thinned down. It's unbelivable until you experiment it. 

Hubbie, I shall try it when the need arises.  Thanks for the info!