Blank Page with Thread Title coming up?

HI there,

I've just begun encountering a truly odd problem.  I'm running OS 10.13.6 on my MacBook Pro, and I have started getting strange looking pages when I'm looking at some threads.  I have not changed my OS for a very long time, so this is not the problem...

When I click on a thread to open it, I get a flash of a 'regular' looking presentation of the thread (all the posts), and then the page goes to a blank white 'page' with just the thread title at the top and the date that the thread was started.  I can't get back to look at the thread in a 'normal' way.  If I go back to the forum presentation, and I hover over the thread, it takes a few seconds, but the thread opens so I can see the first post and the most recent post, but I can't open it to add a new post.  This a odd and driving me nuts.  It seems like it's only when I look at threads I started, but not ALL threads I've started.  Anyone else encountered something like this?