LF 1/48 Hobbycraft CT-114 Tutors

Hello all,

Throwing up the hail mary once again!  I am on the lookout for four Hobbycraft 1/48 CT-114 Tutor models.  I'm in need of them for a couple of commission builds.  I'll entertain trades or outright purchases, for a reasonable price.

Thanks!

wow. 1/48 unobtainium!! good luck! 

I have had my eyes out for a few years now for one of these and never even seen one for sale. 

I wonder how much it would cost to get a new one made? I am sure there are enough of us around to make it worth while!!

Sean

On 12/16/2019 at 4:21 PM, fasteagle12 said:

Yeah, I would never pay that much for that kit.  Just because it's posted at that price doesn't mean someone would actually buy it for that. 

Biggest thing is, I think people are trying to sell it as a collectible, not a model that someone wants to build.  I get that they are hard to find, and I'm sure that he may find someone who will pay that much, but there are other deals out there.  Just gotta dig.

Having said that, I'm holding out hope.  I currently have three in my stash, but I kind of want to hang on to them, as I have builds of my own planned.

• 1 month later...
21 hours ago, Colin K said:

Bump....there has to be someone out there with one....and for a reasonable price.

saw on facebook that the RCAF museum in trenton had one. $39.99. You can call and order over the phone....I almost did it but I just can't justify spending more money right now.

Sean

19 minutes ago, martin_sam_2000 said:

saw on facebook that the RCAF museum in trenton had one. $39.99. You can call and order over the phone....I almost did it but I just can't justify spending more money right now.

Sean

Hi Sean.  Thanks for the tip.  I just messaged them and asked them if they would hold it for me.  I have a friend who works on base and he said he'd pick it up for me.

45 minutes ago, Colin K said:

Hi Sean.  Thanks for the tip.  I just messaged them and asked them if they would hold it for me.  I have a friend who works on base and he said he'd pick it up for me.

glad it worked out. I was SOOOOO close to buying it... Just didn't feel the mojo at the time. kinda glad tho. I just found an A-20 and C-47 for $10 each!!

Sean

3 minutes ago, martin_sam_2000 said:

glad it worked out. I was SOOOOO close to buying it... Just didn't feel the mojo at the time. kinda glad tho. I just found an A-20 and C-47 for $10 each!!

Sean

Didn't work out.  Just got a message back saying it already sold.  😞

Not a bad price for the A-20 and C-47?  1/48?

On 12/15/2019 at 10:40 PM, Colin K said:

Hello all,

Throwing up the hail mary once again!  I am on the lookout for four Hobbycraft 1/48 CT-114 Tutor models.  I'm in need of them for a couple of commission builds.  I'll entertain trades or outright purchases, for a reasonable price.

Thanks!

I have a set of 1/48 Snowbird decals. 1975 Team. $20.00

11 hours ago, Rick McPherson said:

Thanks for the offer, but the builds I am doing have current team markings.  That, and I have 7-8 sets of the older team markings from various Belcher Bits sheets.  So I'll kindly pass. 

• 2 months later...
On 2/20/2020 at 3:21 AM, Rick McPherson said:

Hi Rick,

Do you still have these decals? Just did a quick search and found your post. You've peaked my interest.

Regards,

Mike

• 1 month later...

7 hours ago, Colin K said:

Bump once again!  Need one for a commission build!  Thanks!

I saw one on ebay last night..already up to $51...

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2380057.m570.l1313.TR4.TRC1.A0.H0.X1%2F48+tutor.TRS0&_nkw=1%2F48+tutor&_sacat=0

Sean

• 1 month later...

Hi all, i know this might be out of topic but i'm working on a slighly larger scale of this little Canadian jet.It is a paper model but with addition of some resins and epoxy in order to make it more rigid.I've build Hobbycraft's Tutor before and i regret i did not acquire more of them when i had the chance.

116156180_1149070822143359_1566356682720

• 6 months later...

Going to bump this one again.  Looking for at least one, if not two 1/48 Hobbycraft Tutor kits.  If you have one that you're willing to part with for a decent price, please let me know.  Will also entertain trades.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/2/2021 at 4:45 PM, Colin K said:

Bump once again.  In need of three Tutor kits for commission builds.  Will entertain trades or buy outright for a reasonable price.  Thanks.

Tutor - Snowbirds by Hobby Craft  1:48 Scale  Model Airplane Kit on Kijiji https://www.kijiji.ca/v-hobbies-craft/city-of-toronto/tutor-snowbirds-by-hobby-craft-1:48-scale-model-airplane-kit/1561351030?utm_campaign=socialbuttons&utm_content=app_ios&utm_medium=social&utm_source=sms

3 minutes ago, davevw said:

Just clicked on the link, and says it's no longer available.