Hobbyboss new 1/48 FA-18E/F/G

Among the aircraft section of the posted HB catalog?

There seem to be two pages missing (16-17) from the trumpeter aircraft part so hopefully there's something new there kept for a later dramatic announcement. 

79510331_1424365731055349_78925385428725

Edited by ijozic
1 hour ago, Dave Williams said:

Wondering if the HB Super Hornet is a scaledown of the 1/32 Trumpeter kit, similar to their Tomcats.

Looks like they got their nomenclature swapped on the Invaders.  The B model should be the gun nose and the C model should be the glass nose.

Hope they don't carry over their god-awful rendition of the AIM-9X.

Mark

I may be biased, but I'm happy with this news. Might spur some interest in decals for SH. HB might even pull some nice schemes, or release an actually nice kit.

I mean, they can't really do worse than Italeri did. I hope.

3 hours ago, Helmsman said:

This is a lost hope I think. Just look on their ridiculous Russian missiles (R-27 especially) carried from kit to kit for a very long time.

On the Su-27 in 1/32? Interestingly enough, their MiG-29M/K kits came with OK shaped R-27's.

3 hours ago, ijozic said:

On the Su-27 in 1/32? Interestingly enough, their MiG-29M/K kits came with OK shaped R-27's.

The shape is the same on all kits in 1/32 and 1/48. Even new MiG-29C has exactly the same sprues. 1/48 looks like a scaled down version. 29M/K missile sprues are the same as in Su-27, I have them all and built Su-27 and MiG-29K. 

9 hours ago, Helmsman said:

The shape is the same on all kits in 1/32 and 1/48. Even new MiG-29C has exactly the same sprues. 1/48 looks like a scaled down version. 29M/K missile sprues are the same as in Su-27, I have them all and built Su-27 and MiG-29K. 

I don't have the kit at hand, but looking at some photos online, it seems like the Trumpeter's R-27 missile's front part narrows down noticeably? Now that I think about it, the issue that I recall might have been the pylons which were pretty bad on the Su-27 kit, but relatively correct on the MiG-29M/K kits.

Regarding the R-27's, I guess I forgot how bad they were as I didn't plan on using them on the MiG-29M kit anyway as those older types are not it's forte (given the R-77 missiles and smart A2G weapon capability). Thanks for correcting me.

On 12/17/2019 at 10:11 AM, Helmsman said:

This is a lost hope I think. Just look on their ridiculous Russian missiles (R-27 especially) carried from kit to kit for a very long time.

On 12/17/2019 at 10:56 AM, flanker27 said:

Also a new J-15/Su-33, U-2R and MV-22

And the same old god awful pylons and rails, most likely.