New 48th scale Kaman Huskie

https://hobbyterra.com/product/plastic- ... 16-12-2019

Far beit from me to not welcome a new 48th scale kit; BUT, ...... a Huskie???  Why hasn't ANYONE released a new 48th scale Bell AH-1G Cobra???? What am I missing, here??  The Cobra will outsell this Huskie 100 : 1, as a minimum!!!  I mean a flying FireTruck vs the first real attack helicopter??  No contest!!

Keep thinking Special Hobby will stretch their 72nd to 48th??????  Someone will SURELY release a new Snake!!

Bo

I'm looking forward to it.  Finally a chance for a good kit in a scale that I usually build aircraft on.

Don't underestimate the Pedro. They were also used to support the local villages by bringing in supplies of all types from food and medical to whatever they might need for a new irrigation system.  There was one time it landed on the road outside the base clinic to pick up a critical patient and transport him to a hospital in Bangkok.  It took a couple refueling stops, but they made it. I flew several recon flights in those things.  We used to cover the local area around the base, looking for enemy activity of any type.  One night someone tried to bring us down with a high intensity light beam.  later we took out a car that was running guns for the enemy.

Yes it was not all that pretty, it was dangerous to be near with the engines running and the blades turning.  It wasn't as glorious as the real combat  copters catching the headlines,  but it did one heck of a job that most people never heard of and in some cases the designers never thought of having it do and I'll always be grateful I had a chance to be on board for some of them.  

Granted this is the earlier radial engine version.   I'm hoping they update the kit and release the Air Force turbine engine HH-43B that they used in SEA.

I'm also in agreement with jabow.    When are they going to give the AH-1G some love in 1/48?

Edited by Drifterdon