1/48 Academy MH-53E Sea Dragon 'JMSDF'

Hi all, just finished 1/48 Academy Mh-53E Japan Force, i used black dog big set, eduard interior and exterior detail set, SAC metal landing gear, Wolfpack decal set and some scratch built for the rotor head. hope you like it.

EJYj5o.jpg

A9e2VO.jpg

moIuX4.jpg

eCqb6X.jpg

OukU2p.jpg

ifq4ng.jpg

uARMEJ.jpg

vpGCM8.jpg

fBotNY.jpg

JDPwYQ.jpg

LvdBdB.jpg

Edited by deluge
On 12/19/2019 at 3:32 PM, Whiskey said:

Now that's different. What a cool looking -53!

thanks 🙂

19 hours ago, JackMan said:

This is the first Japanese MH-53E Sea Dragon model that I have seen and yours is amazing!

thank you mate.

15 hours ago, 0viking0 said:

Very nice. That was a lot of work for sure.

thanks.

8 hours ago, Mstor said:

Looks real nice, though you should use something other than a white background. The kit almost disappears in some of the pics. :thumbsup:

thanks, you are right, i'll try another color for background.

7 hours ago, Drifterdon said:

Wow!   What an amazing build and a brute of a helo.    You did a really superb job.   :salute:

thank you mate 🙂

On 12/21/2019 at 11:10 AM, spejic said:

This is really amazing. The photo-etch work you did on the tail is really difficult to do and it looks fantastic.

Thanks for providing such detailed pictures. It takes real confidence to do that.

thanks mate.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Very nice deluge!  I have seen these in person and you have captured it extremely well.  Whereas USN & USMC Super Stallions tend to be rather dirty, the Japanaese keep theirs very clean.  R/ Dutch

Edited by Dutch
On 1/20/2020 at 2:37 AM, crackerjazz said:

What a fantastic job! Very impressive, deluge!

thanks mate.

On 1/20/2020 at 6:49 PM, picknpluck said:

Wow! I'm looking at this as I contemplate the MH-53E I just bought. Nice job on the rivets! What tool did you use?

thanks, I used RB Production rivet tool.

On 1/21/2020 at 5:32 PM, Dutch said:

Very nice deluge!  I have seen these in person and you have captured it extremely well.  Whereas USN & USMC Super Stallions tend to be rather dirty, the japanaese keep theirs very clean.  R/ Dutch

thanks Dutch, I found dirty japanese stallion 🙂

QY4ZlY.jpg

Well yes! Though nothing  so dirty as compared to USN & USMC machines.  We called them "Shitters" because of the mess they made.  This JMSDF example seems to be returning from a flight and still taxiing in to the flight line.  Give the overnight shift a chance and they will have it cleaned up pretty nice!  I wonder how their MCH-101 Merlins look?

Edited by Dutch
7 hours ago, Dutch said:

Well yes! Though nothing  so dirty as compared to USN & USMC machines.  We called them "Shitters" because of the mess they made.  This JMSDF example seems to be returning from a flight and still taxiing in to the flight line.  Give the overnight shift a chance and they will have it cleaned up pretty nice!  I wonder how their MCH-101 Merlins look?

haha you are right :), they will clean it up all night 🙂 

i have made an example from your ''shitters'' a couple of year ago 🙂

K1nWNy.jpg