1/48 - Boeing CH-47 Chinook family by HobbyBoss - CH-47A release in March 2021

On 12/24/2019 at 3:35 PM, hawkwrench said:

What about a modern F version???

Tim

Talking with my coworker, there are a lot of differences.  Mostly avionics, but, some others.  But don't worry, he will definitely talk Chinooks at any point in the conversation.  (hopefully I will get him in the forum so he will see my ribbing him).

Great news! Anytime the Hook gets some love I’m in. Hopefully they put some effort into detailing the ramp and cabin.

But I’m skeptical that they’ll be anything more than scaled down versions of Trumpy’s 1/35 kits.

Although, 1/48 scale MH versions would be a gold mine should they release them!

Edited by Hooker169

Well this is good news. However since Hobbyboss is an arm of Trumpeter I don't really expect it to be much more than a scaled down 1/35th kit. It won't be the Italeri kit as they have never done that before.

Their 1/48th Intruder was a great kit but then the 1/32nd Trumpeter version was also very nice.

6 hours ago, skyhawk174 said:

However since Hobbyboss is an arm of Trumpeter I don't really expect it to be much more than a scaled down 1/35th kit. It won't be the Italeri kit as they have never done that before.

That is one possibility. As I recall off hand the 1/72 UH-34 and CH-46 are basically Italeri (Fujimi for the 46) kits with a few parts molded together. 

Trumpeter/Hobbyboss can produce nice kits, however a number of their helicopter kits are heavily influenced by existing kits.

12 hours ago, Tank said:

That is one possibility. As I recall off hand the 1/72 UH-34 and CH-46 are basically Italeri (Fujimi for the 46) kits with a few parts molded together. 

Trumpeter/Hobbyboss can produce nice kits, however a number of their helicopter kits are heavily influenced by existing kits.

Oops yes you are correct Tank but the UH-34 was the one from Gallery I believe. Yes I do like Trumpeter for many of their kits. They have certainly filled lots of holes in my want list. Funny thing their armour and ships don't get half as much grief as the aircraft do. Or unless I am not really following those sections

16 hours ago, skyhawk174 said:

Well let's hope for the CH-47F so I can build the RCAF bird.

They’ll need to do better than Italeri’s F release. Like include the things that obviously make an F an F such as the IR suppression louvres, outward canted -714 exhausts and double pitot probes.

Otherwise, it’ll just be a D boxed as an F.

2 hours ago, Hooker169 said:

They’ll need to do better than Italeri’s F release. Like include the things that obviously make an F an F such as the IR suppression louvres, outward canted -714 exhausts and double pitot probes.

Otherwise, it’ll just be a D boxed as an F.

New larger side sponsors too. Also the nose would be different in an F.

32 minutes ago, skyhawk174 said:

New larger side sponsors too. Also the nose would be different in an F.

I guess it all depends if it’s released as an American F or Export F. 
I hadn’t realized the two were so drastically different. The Canadians opted for enlarged fuel cells, weather radar nose and no IR louvers covering the C-box cooler, engine vents and dog house vents. I hadn’t realized that before.

If I were a betting man I’d say we get the straight F and later we get the enlarged fuel tanks and radar nose with the MH release. Leave off some antennas and refueling probe and Bamm! CH-147F

Pure speculation though.

• 6 months later...
  • HomeBe changed the title to 1/48 - Boeing CH-47 Chinook family by HobbyBoss - CH-47A release in March 2021

I hope this is better than the Italeri effort. I shall await the verdict of some people who know what they're talking about before purchasing...

Jon

• 2 weeks later...
El 16/7/2020 a las 21:03, Hooker169 dijo:

¿Alguien escuchó alguna noticia sobre este lanzamiento?
He revisado las redes durante los últimos meses en busca de inyecciones de bebederos o algo realmente y no he encontrado nada.

On 12/19/2019 at 1:24 PM, HomeBe said:

In 2020-2021 Hobby Boss is to release new tool 1/48th CH-47 Chinook kits.

- ref. 81772 - Boeing CH-47A Chinook

- ref. 81773 - Boeing CH-47D Chinook

More variants to follow? Most probably.

To be followed.

Source: http://www.moxingfans.com/m/view.php?aid=7201&pageno=1

20191218-070339.jpg

20191218-070315.jpg

V.P.

I see an Osprey too👍