1/48 - Boeing CH-47 Chinook family by HobbyBoss - CH-47A release in March 2021

On 2/9/2021 at 8:05 PM, Gekko said:

check the page of Xtream Modelers studio en face, there is the MH-47 G SOAR Block II in 1/48  Unavailable 

20210105_013509.jpg

I think the front wheels need to move forward a bit for the MH-47G version. Hopefully this is just a test build of some of the G mods and isn't the finished article. Looks good otherwise. 

LD. 

1 hour ago, Loach Driver said:

I think the front wheels need to move forward a bit for the MH-47G version.

Correct.  They should be forward of the side window, at the front of the sponson.

14461_1592087728.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/11/2021 at 10:20 AM, HeavyArty said:

Correct.  They should be forward of the side window, at the front of the sponson.

14461_1592087728.jpg

Never saw a MH-47G without the fuel probe until now.  

Tim

• 3 months later...

So it’s looking like we were correct in our assumption that it would be a scaled down version of Trumpeters 1/35 kit.

The large parts are nearly identical along with the parts break down.

Here’s a link

http://www.hobbyboss.com/index.php?g=home&m=product&a=show&id=1603&l=en

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/1/2021 at 1:17 AM, Hooker169 said:

So it’s looking like we were correct in our assumption that it would be a scaled down version of Trumpeters 1/35 kit.

The large parts are nearly identical along with the parts break down.

Here’s a link

http://www.hobbyboss.com/index.php?g=home&m=product&a=show&id=1603&l=en

Compared to the Italeri kit, is it a good or bad thing the HB is a scaled down version of the Trumpy 1/35 kit? 

Basically, is the 1/35 kit any good?

Hannants now have it on pre-order, so I'm kind of interested in getting this.

Jon

On 6/22/2021 at 3:04 AM, jonbryon said:

Compared to the Italeri kit, is it a good or bad thing the HB is a scaled down version of the Trumpy 1/35 kit? 

Basically, is the 1/35 kit any good?

Hannants now have it on pre-order, so I'm kind of interested in getting this.

Jon

We’ll, the answer is kinda subjective. It depends on what you find important ie; shape, detail, panel lines etc.

For me, it will become the leading -47 on the market. The HB kit should make a fairly accurate A, B or C model with only a few small modifications. It’s just when they move on to the D model that the HB kit will really start distancing itself from the Italeri kit.

The killer is the aft pylon detail on the Italeri kit with its ‘trenched’ work platform and hydraulic bay outlines. But the Italeri aft pylon shape is more accurate than the HB, which is too long, so there are trade offs at every turn.

The blades on the HB kit look more accurate but if they keep the same amount of artificial droop it’ll need to be addressed.

The panel lines on the fuel pods are clearly more accurate than the Italeri for an A model and ramp areas in both kits are bare bones to say the least.

All in all the HB kit should built a better 1/48 Hook than the Italeri, in my opinion 👍

14 hours ago, Hooker169 said:

We’ll, the answer is kinda subjective. It depends on what you find important ie; shape, detail, panel lines etc.

All in all the HB kit should built a better 1/48 Hook than the Italeri, in my opinion 👍

Thanks for this reply. I was hoping for something more MV-22ish (which has been received pretty well), but it looks like it's still a mixed bag. Overall shape is what I am most interested in, and I seem to recall the Italeri kit was faulted for the shape of the front upper fuselage (I'm not sure what that area's called - the front rotor mast housing?). I can live without a decent interior as I would button the thing up.

I'll keep an eye out for more opinions as it's released.

Jon