ANG F-16 and have glass.

I just saw pictures of 86-0262 with the 149th FW painted in the new Haveglass V scheme (the overall dark grey one) and I know that ANG units that fly block 40,42,50,52 F-16’s have their jets in the new haveglass V scheme already but is this going to be the standard with ANG units that fly the block 30/32? Does anyone know? 

It's been speculated on for a few years whether all units will get this or not? What is sure is that the ANG has a different way of both financing and equipping their units. This is why ie 138FW 125FS Oklahoma ANG has block 40's with AN-APX antennas ahead of the cockpit and the majority of their fleet is in HG5 scheme. 

So far it seems the trend continues whereby ANG both equip and paint their jets differently than the rest of the active duty forces. 

From my overview, the following units have HG5 jets - it varies to what extend, but the trend is growing in line with scheduled repaints; 

138FW 125FS Oklahoma ANG 

169FW 157FS South Carolina ANG 

114FW 175FS South Dakota 

180FW 112FS Ohio ANG 

301FW 457FS Texas AFRC 

149FW 182FS Texas ANG 

148FW 179FS Minnesota ANG 

Among active duty units, so far the only unit to have HG5 is 53WG 422TES and 85TES. 

11 hours ago, Niels said:

It's been speculated on for a few years whether all units will get this or not? What is sure is that the ANG has a different way of both financing and equipping their units. This is why ie 138FW 125FS Oklahoma ANG has block 40's with AN-APX antennas ahead of the cockpit and the majority of their fleet is in HG5 scheme. 

So far it seems the trend continues whereby ANG both equip and paint their jets differently than the rest of the active duty forces. 

From my overview, the following units have HG5 jets - it varies to what extend, but the trend is growing in line with scheduled repaints; 

138FW 125FS Oklahoma ANG 

169FW 157FS South Carolina ANG 

114FW 175FS South Dakota 

180FW 112FS Ohio ANG 

301FW 457FS Texas AFRC 

149FW 182FS Texas ANG 

148FW 179FS Minnesota ANG 

Among active duty units, so far the only unit to have HG5 is 53WG 422TES and 85TES. 

I hear that 20FW at Shaw had at least one paint in that scheme too. 
https://www.shaw.af.mil/News/Article-Display/Article/1910166/airmen-give-f-16s-new-paint-job/

Colorado (140th FW) has one at least. Iowa's paint barn is going all HG5 for US jets, foreign no. Eglin is active AF and have had it for years, now Nellis. The whole fleet will probably be done in 5 years time I bet. Ft. Worth's 301st has a couple too....I like it, and it fades kinda cool as well...

Jeff

On 12/23/2019 at 11:35 AM, weirich1 said:

QF-022 85-1422.jpg

Great, another build to add to the list. Painting these are a real pain. I've stood and watched the real thing as the daylight changes and it goes from dark gray to bright bronze. The paints I've tried all represent one of the tones of the spectrum, but not all of them. 

The color is a difficult one to match up. 

Just hoping we get new decals for 86-0262 and the Shaw jet 91-0353 in the new paint since they are both Mig killers. 

Have built them both before at earlier times in their careers but seeing the new HG5 pics makes me want to revisit them. 

22 hours ago, camus27 said:

Great, another build to add to the list. Painting these are a real pain. I've stood and watched the real thing as the daylight changes and it goes from dark gray to bright bronze. The paints I've tried all represent one of the tones of the spectrum, but not all of them. 

I use 2 coats Mission Models MMP-083 Have Glass Grey FS36170 over FS36118; brushed on, settles perfectly. I've finished 4 jets with their paint, outstanding results. The paint gives the correct effect, it looks dark gray or silver depending on how the light hits it.