What B-17 markings can be used on the new HK Models kit?

Hello all

I just grabbed one of these from Spruebrothers today, and a wondering what denotes an early-production B-17G, and what A/M markings that currently exist could be used on the HK kit. Any suggestions? My knowledge on Flying Fortresses is pretty limited, so whatever you guys can tell me is welcome. I would kind of rather do a camo version vs BMF, but am open to those as well.

Aaron 

Ok so, the easiest way to spot the early G model would be to look at the waist guns. If the windows are not staggered and straight across from each other. And those same windows should generally be 3 separate windows instead of a single panel window. After that look at the tail guns. If it has the pumpkin tail it’s likely a later G. You want to look for the stinger tail like the E and F. Don’t overthink this, it’s really not that complicated. There are plenty of decal options out there. Google, eBay, and all the other online hobby stores will show a lot of options. Just use what I’ve already said to spot the ones you that are correct for the kit. There are tons of decal options out there too many to list. 

And yes, they can be either painted or bare metal, just like the kit decals are. 

Edited by B-17 guy