10 minutes ago, 11bee said:

When did ARC start allowing pop up ads?  Didn’t see any on my PC earlier but now on my phone, they are present.   Makes it difficult / annoying to browse.  

Yeah, I noticed to this about 2 hours ago. Really making it difficult to browse the forum.

I get that money is important but I hope these can be toned down.    Stuff like this is the reason why I stopped surfing the HS forums.

And no - I don’t need/want to meet “beautiful women from around the globe”!  I’m happily married.   

Edited by 11bee
27 minutes ago, 11bee said:

And no - I don’t need/want to meet “beautiful women from around the globe”!  I’m happily married.   

Tracking software picks up that you (we) are on a "model" website so we must be interested in more "models"....

1 hour ago, 11bee said:

I get that money is important but I hope these can be toned down.    Stuff like this is the reason why I stopped surfing the HS forums.

Nor do I.  As you are I am happily married to a beautiful woman who encourages my hobby. 

No extra ads on my laptop but Dayum they are all over my mobile devices. 

What’s more, some of these ads are not what I would want my family / kids / workmates to see me viewing. 😱

Steve I understand the need for revenue but bro, this ain’t the way......  🙈

I don't have a smartphone but I have read that ads can be inserted on regular computers by internet service providers fully independently of website control.

That makes the question one of how to determine whether the ads on the phones are by the website, or by the ISP, or by the phone company, or somehow connected to something bundled an app on the phone.

8 minutes ago, southwestforests said:

I don't have a smartphone but I have read that ads can be inserted on regular computers by internet service providers fully independently of website control.

That makes the question one of how to determine whether the ads on the phones are by the website, or by the ISP, or by the phone company, or somehow connected to something bundled an app on the phone.

Well, I can tell you this. It is site related because I do not have this issue with other forums I browse. Only this one. So far.

Let me look into this.  I am against pop up ads and did not agree to that.  I did put some ads on the forum....there have been ads on the forums in the past.  They were supposed to be simple static ads.

From what I can see...the pop-up ads only appear on my smart phone but not my desktop.

OK....I dug deep and was able to disable the annoying pop-up ads that appear on smart phones.

I only visit ARC on my desktop and I wrongly assumed that google ads displayed the same on all devices.

I will double check things on my desktop and smart phone in the future.

Thanks for letting me know about this.

Unfortunately some ads are a reality.