10 hours ago, 11bee said:

I get that money is important but I hope these can be toned down.    Stuff like this is the reason why I stopped surfing the HS forums.

And no - I don’t need/want to meet “beautiful women from around the globe”!  I’m happily married.   

I totally agree! Wading through the “Retire in Belize” and “Available Singles” advertisements just to read this post is a hassle not to mention slightly inappropriate......

According to the ad I just got there are SEVEN women interested in talking to me!!! I am one lucky guy!!!

I can only assume one wants to sell me a credit card, the second some insurance, the third probably has a loan offer I can't refuse, the fourth no doubt wants me to trade in my 2018 for a new 2020, the fifth has a refinancing opportunity I'd be stupid to refuse, the sixth has a miracle prevention for whatever disease you fear the most, and the seventh is my long lost cousin four times removed who has money she'd like to place into my bank account if I provide her with the necessary numbers and information. What could possibly go wrong...

Happy modeling all!

3 hours ago, SBARC said:

Unfortunately some ads are a reality.

Fully understand, you are doing great work keeping ARC running and I can only imagine that it takes a good deal of time and money.   Glad you were able to rein in those horrible pop-ups Steve! 

Although, in retrospect, I am slightly curious about all theose beautiful women who are digging 11Bee!   I guess I still got it!

See the source image

Edited by 11bee

I got ads for sexy lingerie, athlete's foot remedy and an airbrush.

My feet are fine, the airbrush Google recommends is one I already own and I'm not terribly sure I could rock a sexy brassiere.

Gotta love artificial intelligence. 😉

Thanks to Steve for quickly responding to this issue.

I mentioned earlier I only got the ads on my mobile devices.  As I view this thread on my laptop I am getting ads inserted between posts and, when viewing the topic list in a subforum, between the topics.  The URLs are varied, they re not all from the same ad company. Examples: (truncated for brevity)

https://cat.da.us.criteo.com/delivery/ck.php?cppv=.........

https://adclick.g.doubleclick.net/pcs/click?xai=........

https://www.googleadservices.com/pagead/aclk?sa=.......

I understand and tolerate banner ads at the top/bottom of each page but these inline and popup ads are intrusive and unwanted.

Sorry I was playing with this last night and forgot about it as I worked on ARC until 8am.  I have reduced the ads to one at the top and Google then automatically inserts 3 more for the desktop.

The ads for the mobile devices seem to be operating completely differently. 

I'm still trying to tone those down.

The type of ads you get are partly related to your browser history. and I suspect partly related to the fact ARC is mostly visited by males.

I'll need to keep working on this to get the right balance.  Once I make changes it takes at least an hour for those changes to cycle through so I can see the changes.  This is very much a slow trial and error process.

15 hours ago, SBARC said:

Let me look into this.  I am against pop up ads and did not agree to that.  I did put some ads on the forum....there have been ads on the forums in the past.  They were supposed to be simple static ads.

From what I can see...the pop-up ads only appear on my smart phone but not my desktop.

They also show up on both my notepads. I don't use a note book PC or desk top anymore

Gary

Steve, 

I totally apologize for the tone of this post, but is there a way that we can “opt out” of these ads? In other words, can we pay a nominal fee to be free of these annoying adds?

I’ve really enjoyed  my experience here on ARC for the past 15 years. The guys on here are truly considered friends and I’ve learned so much from them, I don’t want to give that up but I’m seriously considering taking a break from ARC because of these annoying adds. It’s simply too distracting.

Thanks in advance 

28 minutes ago, Hooker169 said:

Steve, 

I totally apologize for the tone of this post, but is there a way that we can “opt out” of these ads? In other words, can we pay a nominal fee to be free of these annoying adds?

I’ve really enjoyed  my experience here on ARC for the past 15 years. The guys on here are truly considered friends and I’ve learned so much from them, I don’t want to give that up but I’m seriously considering taking a break from ARC because of these annoying adds. It’s simply too distracting.

Thanks in advance 

I was about to send s similar post. I can’t even move through the model content on my phone without major pop ups and shooting off to other sites when I try to close them. 

Collin

11 hours ago, Hooker169 said:

Steve, 

Thanks in advance 

Agree.....it's really getting annoying. In just this thread alone, there are ads between every two or three posts on my PC. If the ads are based on my browsing history, I obviously don't need the ads to know about the product! As an example, I use Corel and recently downloaded Painter 20/20. Most of the ads I'm seeing are for Corel products......... 

I’m still getting the embedded ads between posts and the very annoying drop down ad at the top of the page every time I scroll.

I know it costs money to run a site like this and ads are a source of revenue but if a members fee is all that’s required to rid the site of these , I’m happy with that(within reason).

Merry Christmas and Best Wishes for 2020 to all on ARC.

Just looking at the site on the laptop for the first time since these ads appeared in their current guise , and it's really really annoying. I've got ads appearing between every post, although the drop down one that I get on the I Phone and I Pad isn't there.

1 hour ago, scotthldr said:

Just looking at the site on the laptop for the first time since these ads appeared in their current guise , and it's really really annoying. I've got ads appearing between every post, although the drop down one that I get on the I Phone and I Pad isn't there.

Agreed. This was annoying at first but at this point, it’s really starting to piss me off.  I quit surfing HS forums due to ads like this.  

I am still working to get this sorted.  Try to understand I have 2 jobs plus I do ARC when I'm not working or sleeping.  Plus Christmas is almost upon us and I have that to prepare for.  I did not expect google to be treating phone users differently, so I was caught off guard and have a bit of a learning curve to deal with.

I will get this sorted.

1 hour ago, SBARC said:

I am still working to get this sorted.  Try to understand I have 2 jobs plus I do ARC when I'm not working or sleeping.  Plus Christmas is almost upon us and I have that to prepare for.  I did not expect google to be treating phone users differently, so I was caught off guard and have a bit of a learning curve to deal with.

I will get this sorted.

Steve, have a nice Christmas!