Cleaning Future from an airbrush

18 hours ago, ElectroSoldier said:

Have you ever looked inside the end of your airbrush where the needle goes?

Yes, several times.  However, I asked first.  It's a simple question because I'm curious.

On 5/18/2021 at 2:12 PM, RichardL said:

Why isn't the brass completely covered by chrome when the entire part is submerged in the plating bath during the electroplating process?

I know my Iwata was machined after the electroplating process which exposes the brass.

I dont even know why we are having this conversation about it.

For a start people have in the past had the problem of the chrome striping off their airbrush after using ammonia based cleaners.

Something you say shouldnt be a problem, but their actual use experience says is.

Secondly if you are going to be using IPA to clean up then why not just skip the ammonia and clean it out with IPA as it does clean up after using Klear.

Its a dumb argument on two different fronts and yet you continue to push both of them for no other reason than you want to be right because you have somebody who made a youtube video to prove you are right.

Edited by ElectroSoldier
1 hour ago, ElectroSoldier said:

I know my Iwata was machined after the electroplating process which exposes the brass.

Now that wasn't so hard was it?  So 5 drops of diluted Ammonium Hydroxide (not pure Ammonia) in a 100 drops of solution will attack the brass.  Okay.  Got it.

Edited by RichardL
1 hour ago, RichardL said:

Now that wasn't so hard was it?  So 5 drops of diluted Ammonium Hydroxide (not pure Ammonia) in a 100 drops of solution will attack the brass.  Okay.  Got it.

Wasnt very hard to understand in the end was it?

Edited by ElectroSoldier