G'day people,

I have a question regarding the cabin floor of a Vietnam UH-1B or UH-1C. I know that some uses (RAAF for example) would add a thin protective plywood floor doubler over the cabin floor. There were circular cut-outs so the tie down points were still accessible.

• Was this a common practice for US Army and Marine B/Cs?
  • If so, would anyone have a 1/48 floor plan with the tie down points? I plan on doing the venerable Monogram UH-1B (converted to a UH-1C using the CC resin set) with the M-5 'thump gun' installed. This will mean the moulded 'lump' of ammo tins will need to be removed and exposing a large area of the cabin floor.
  • Finally, does anyone know of a 1/48 decal producer that does markings for 1/48 UH-1Cs

cheers,

Pappy

Edited by Pappy121

Pappy, here are the tie-down diagrams for the UH-1B and UH-1C in 1/48 from the Army Operators Manual (what we referred to as the dash 10). The front of the helicopter is to the left in the diagrams. Be aware that there were two different ammo drums for the M-5. The older one is a large rectangular ammo can that was positioned longitudinally behind and just to the right of the gunners (left) seat with the feed chute running along the left side of the center console.  The other is a round drum in the same position. The gunsight for the M-5 is a parrallellogram type that was mounted in under the left overhead window.

Drop me a line at migflier@aol.com. I've got some photos that may help you.

Mig

UH-1B.jpg

UH-1C.jpg