Of Scale Modellers and the AMK Tomcat

I'm sorry, you've been a member of this forum for how long again? The lack of acknowledgement of anything other than the last bit of my post which mentioned the AMK kit more or less proves that is the only thing worthy is that.

11 minutes ago, Whiskey said:

I'm sorry, you've been a member of this forum for how long again? 

Must have been three to four months now since I've signed in, but I've been lurking on here for what ought to have been over 8 years now. What's your point with that, exactly?

15 minutes ago, Whiskey said:

The lack of acknowledgement of anything other than the last bit of my post which mentioned the AMK kit more or less proves that is the only thing worthy is that.

Sorry, what was it that I didn't acknowledge of the last bit of your post, the mention that you don't think anyone here is saying that I can't express what is on my mind and be honest? What members, longtime members including yourself, have a problem with is when other members feel that they can demean or speak without any tact or decorum?

I've been just called an idiot and I didn't even sweat it, in case that you didn't notice it - that's the difference. Is it worthy to you now? 

2 hours ago, Hubbie Marsten said:

Pffffttt... :rolleyes: Darren, in all honesty; you well understand that you - or anybody else for that matter - can think of me whatever they will; it means nothing to me. I'd rather be deemed a jackwagon than a lousy follower - it doesn't affect me the least, believe me. I'd not be interested in endearing me to anyone on this forum as long as I can state what I think the way I really feel it, honest. I respect people more when they are like they truly are instead of faking it so that others would like them better. That's very sad.

No one knows me in person enough outside this forum in order to judge whether I'm a good or bad fella, so any judgment passed on me based on what I post on here would hold less value for me than anything else. No sweat, man.

Be that as it may, I really enjoyed your resin 1/48 A-4  Stab Pivot Mechanism pieces for my Scooter build today. They make the Skyhawk kit look a lot better.

I'm all for speaking one's mind. I guess I'm naive to think that it can be done in a civil manner. We hear it every day in real life. I like to think that ARC can be a refuge from that. There will always be disagreements, but it seems the rhetoric has been ratcheted up and everyone is yelling over each other with the same strident comments over and over again. That goes for both sides. I used to go to a meeting that included both liberals and conservatives. It was supposed to be a time when the issues of the day could be discussed. I went thinking it would be an engaging, thought-provoking evening. I soon found out it devolved into something that approximates the AMK thread. It wasn't fun at all. It would have been so much better if there had been educated, lucid points being made. Alas, there was not. What I'm trying to say is why can't points be made  in a civil manner? It leads to much better discussion. Maybe that's why I love teaching 4th graders. They don't come with as much baggage as adults! 😂

BTW, I appreciate your thoughtful words on the resin parts. I'm very glad they helped out your build.

4 hours ago, Darren Roberts said:

I'm all for speaking one's mind. I guess I'm naive to think that it can be done in a civil manner. We hear it every day in real life. I like to think that ARC can be a refuge from that. There will always be disagreements, but it seems the rhetoric has been ratcheted up and everyone is yelling over each other with the same strident comments over and over again. That goes for both sides. I used to go to a meeting that included both liberals and conservatives. It was supposed to be a time when the issues of the day could be discussed. I went thinking it would be an engaging, thought-provoking evening. I soon found out it devolved into something that approximates the AMK thread. It wasn't fun at all. It would have been so much better if there had been educated, lucid points being made. Alas, there was not. What I'm trying to say is why can't points be made  in a civil manner? It leads to much better discussion. Maybe that's why I love teaching 4th graders. They don't come with as much baggage as adults! 😂

BTW, I appreciate your thoughtful words on the resin parts. I'm very glad they helped out your build.

This site has become way to cliquey for that. Thats why sites like BM havent suffered from the growth in social media pages.

5 hours ago, Darren Roberts said:

I'm all for speaking one's mind. I guess I'm naive to think that it can be done in a civil manner. What I'm trying to say is why can't points be made  in a civil manner?

Some people like to yell Fire in a crowded theater and get off on watching the ensuing chaos. 

Some people are trolls who start a thread with a fire-bomb comment and get off on watching the ensuing chaos. 

Some people refuse to go for the bait, avoid the chaos, and mock the entire thread with tangential humor. 

But I’m not one to point fingers, even at myself.   :coolio:

This thread does raise an interesting question that has puzzled me for a long time and is rather telling of some of the members of ARC n general.

Elton Mayo made a study in the 1920s, it onvolved consulting the workers in a factory as to what they wanted in their workplace to help make them more efficient.

Once the study was over the factory went back to how it was but the work output remained at the higher levels they were when the study was conducted.

One cant help but wonder if you guys are so programmed...

When somebody offered up ideas on ways that Modelcollect could improve their B-52 kits Modelcollect seemed to listen and you guys were all over them, you thought they were great and the general impression was that they could do no wrong.
Then of course the euphoria of interaction died down and the people who actually bought the products (not the armchair buyers who talk but never spend) realised that nothing really changed, you still have to buy a correction set, be it from Modelcollect or some other 3rd party. But because Modelcollect showed that they listened you were taken in by it all.

AMK were different, they decided to go their own way inspite of the input offered from some of the guys here and on their facebook page and have come in for a backlash from ARC members because of it.

12 hours ago, Darren Roberts said:

Darren, think there's nothing like the stabilator trim tab adjusted all the way up in a parked Scooter; being able to depict that feature in a 1/48th scale A-4 kit makes it look like night and day.

We're headed for a two-week stay in Bora Bora the wife and I in just five hours, so I'd rather get going. Have a great New Year's Eve day, you and your folks.

Cheers,

4 hours ago, ElectroSoldier said:

AMK were different, they decided to go their own way inspite of the input offered from some of the guys here and on their facebook page and have come in for a backlash from ARC members because of it.

That's delusional to the max, but you might as well believe it if it makes you happy.

5 minutes ago, Hubbie Marsten said:

We're headed for a two-week stay in Bora Bora the wife and I in just five hours, so I'd rather get going.

You lucky bastard. Have a great time. Don't get sunburned. :thumbsup:

4 hours ago, Hubbie Marsten said:

We're headed for a two-week stay in Bora Bora the wife and I in just five hours, so I'd rather get going. Have a great New Year's Eve day, you and your folks.

Cheers,

Wait, isn't that where bin Laden was hiding? Oh, that's Tora Bora. What a difference a letter makes! 😂

Have fun!

7 hours ago, Hubbie Marsten said:

That's delusional to the max, but you might as well believe it if it makes you happy.

It is delusional but you guys do it.

It reminds me of a long time loser on this site, now goes. he was very proud of his input into the Revell C-17, and was very critical about other companies who refused his unneeded help.

Modelcollect and AMK is the proof you are looking for,.

5 minutes ago, Darren Roberts said:

Look at that dumpster! It's obvious they didn't do their research. The length is 14mm too long and the angle of the opening is completely off. Don't get me started on the green they used....☺️

Hard to say for sure about the green color since the number is obscured. If the serial number is 0369 then I believe it's the correct color. But if it's 0389 then you are right, they have the completely wrong shade of green. They switched when they upgraded around the 0375 time period. 

17 minutes ago, Darren Roberts said:

Look at that dumpster! It's obvious they didn't do their research. The length is 14mm too long and the angle of the opening is completely off. Don't get me started on the green they used....☺️

I believe this kit was originally released by Matchbox.....  🔥

Edited by habu2

I need to jump in here.  When told that this kit was coming out, I generously offered a huge amount of research material.  I've spent a great deal of time around dumpsters both solo and in the company of others (don't ask) and consider myself to be one of the foremost SME's.   My well-intended advice was spurned and as such, this new release is totally out of proportion.  See below. 

kwbPo5u

Can it be corrected by a prodigious amount of work?  Probably but in all honesty, this one is truly garbage.   

I was waiting a long time for this release, as I know many other ARC'rs were.  I feel let down and bitterly disappointed.  My only hope is that we get some aftermarket correction sets out ASAP. 

4 hours ago, 11bee said:

I need to jump in here.  When told that this kit was coming out, I generously offered a huge amount of research material.  I've spent a great deal of time around dumpsters both solo and in the company of others (don't ask) and consider myself to be one of the foremost SME's.   My well-intended advice was spurned and as such, this new release is totally out of proportion.  See below. 

kwbPo5u

Can it be corrected by a prodigious amount of work?  Probably but in all honesty, this one is truly garbage.   

I was waiting a long time for this release, as I know many other ARC'rs were.  I feel let down and bitterly disappointed.  My only hope is that we get some aftermarket correction sets out ASAP. 

I don't understand why they constantly do this. Ignore expert advice and instead release a pile of garbage.

I'll go sit in the corner now. :doh: