Of Scale Modellers and the AMK Tomcat

1 hour ago, ElectroSoldier said:

It is gratifying the way you acknowledge it and the way in which you decide to rebut it makes me realise its true.

You Sir, are surprisingly obtuse tonight.

1 minute ago, Mstor said:

Yeah.... No not really. In fact I think its exactly the opposite.

I think the real problem with AMK and the F-14 kit is the bruised ego of some of the guys here because their advice was ignored by AMK and the kit has gone on to be a huge success inspite of some minor problems or flaws.

You say Im being obtuse because of the banter in the last few posts about a skip. You think I misread your banter? Its a reaction to what I said. And the manner in which you react shows me that it was in some small part spot on!

I already knew it was going by the general reaction to the Modelcollect B-52G kit.

The majority of the forum was all to willing to forgive MC because they involved the community. It wasnt in time to save the kit itself, that remained in need of several after market parts to make it buildable, but the involvement was soothing to the ego as those who bothered to try can say they had a hand in making the MC B-52G kit what it is.

So yeah you carry on with the satirical banter... Make, or at least try and make it look like Im wrong. My opinion has been formed by actual performances in the past, not the banter in the here and now.

2 minutes ago, ElectroSoldier said:

My opinion has been formed by actual performances in the past, not the banter in the here and now.

Would that include your banter, here and now?

My ego isn’t bruised, I didn’t offer any advice to AMK.  You need to narrow your Very Broad Brush. 

24 minutes ago, Mstor said:

7 minutes ago, ElectroSoldier said:

Yeah.... No not really. In fact I think its exactly the opposite.

For once we agree....

Antonyms for obtuse

46 minutes ago, ElectroSoldier said:

You say Im being obtuse because of the banter in the last few posts about a skip. You think I misread your banter? Its a reaction to what I said. And the manner in which you react shows me that it was in some small part spot on!

I have no idea what you're talking about. A "skip"? What does that even mean? My banter? I made a few posts where we were having fun with the garbage dumpster on fire "kit". It was making fun of everyone and everything done in the AMK (and other) posts that criticize kits. If my comment about your post being obtuse upset you, I apologize, but it did seem so to me. In otherwords, it didn't make a lot of sense to me.

4 hours ago, ElectroSoldier said:

Its not about you then.

Perhaps, just perhaps you're right that there are maybe 1 or 2 people that fit your view. Perhaps they are hurt about not getting taken seriously about advice given. Do you really think that the 300 pages is all about that? I had no communication with AMK, I would bet 90% of those posting had no communication with them. But because of 1 or 2 people you come up with that as the reason for people pointing out their opinions on a model kit? Sorry for the banter, but I think you're pretty much wrong. i think there are several things going on in that thread about rivet counters vs good-nufs, disgruntled customers, company trolls, company defenders, SME's, people who can't ever believe SME know what they are talking about, genuinely curious people, cynical people, a lot of one-on-one personal battles and the list goes on and on.. Basically it's an overall cross-section of this entire forum. The banter? that was just fun. And continues to be. And the free kit thing? That too was simply fun. I really didn't care about getting a model. I was egging it on because it's fun. It was one of the things in that thread that kept it fun to read. I think it's one of the most interesting threads on this site in a long time for many reasons. And I'm pretty sure the view and post count would back up that statement. That's all.

1 hour ago, niart17 said:

Perhaps, just perhaps you're right that there are maybe 1 or 2 people that fit your view. Perhaps they are hurt about not getting taken seriously about advice given. Do you really think that the 300 pages is all about that? I had no communication with AMK, I would bet 90% of those posting had no communication with them. But because of 1 or 2 people you come up with that as the reason for people pointing out their opinions on a model kit? Sorry for the banter, but I think you're pretty much wrong. i think there are several things going on in that thread about rivet counters vs good-nufs, disgruntled customers, company trolls, company defenders, SME's, people who can't ever believe SME know what they are talking about, genuinely curious people, cynical people, a lot of one-on-one personal battles and the list goes on and on.. Basically it's an overall cross-section of this entire forum. The banter? that was just fun. And continues to be. And the free kit thing? That too was simply fun. I really didn't care about getting a model. I was egging it on because it's fun. It was one of the things in that thread that kept it fun to read. I think it's one of the most interesting threads on this site in a long time for many reasons. And I'm pretty sure the view and post count would back up that statement. That's all.

Very well said. I agree 100%.  I too had no communication with AMK other than the posts to Sio here.

2 hours ago, ElectroSoldier said:

It did indeed. As soon as it was thought that it would take posts from the AMK begging bowl it didnt stand a chance no matter what the subject of it was.

Well, that is kind of the problem, the subject of this post. Galfa posted a kind of ambiguous first post and hasn't been seen in this thread since to clarify or comment further.

On 12/30/2019 at 12:37 AM, habu2 said:

Some people are trolls who start a thread with a fire-bomb comment and get off on watching the ensuing chaos. 

29 minutes ago, Mstor said:

Galfa posted a kind of ambiguous first post and hasn't been seen in this thread since to clarify or comment further.

'zactly.....  

2 hours ago, ElectroSoldier said:

It did indeed. As soon as it was thought that it would take posts from the AMK begging bowl it didnt stand a chance no matter what the subject of it was.

Actually no, ridiculing the thread is still pretty fun and there's no kit to be given away. The thread was pretty much in the dumpster from the get go.

On 1/1/2020 at 11:53 AM, Mstor said:

Well, that is kind of the problem, the subject of this post. Galfa posted a kind of ambiguous first post and hasn't been seen in this thread since to clarify or comment further.

Dear Mstor,

Why you believe my first post ambiguous ?

On 12/26/2019 at 8:34 AM, galfa said:

Now more than ever, we live in an age if uncertanties. However, there is some ligth in this dark historical juncture. Two very important truths are emerging from this forum, giving new confidence in the future.

• The first one is that - His Majesty The F-14 Tomcat - is the most loved aircraft jet ever. No further investigation is needed.
  • The second one is that forums like this have evolved into marketing tools competely empty of any consumer protection.

galfa, you asked why I think your post is ambigous.

In the first bulleted line you state that the F-14 "is the most loved aircraft jet ever". Well, maybe by you, but I don't think you can make that assertion for everyone. Then you state "No further investigation is needed." What does that mean? No further investigation as to which jet is most loved? No investigation into the specifics of the aircraft itself? No investigation into the AMK kit?

In the second bulleted line you state that "forums like this have evolved into marketing tools competely empty of any consumer protection." What does this mean? How are forums like this "marketing tools"? What does consumer protection have to do with this forum or more specifically, this thread? Above the bulleted items you state that these "important truths" give new confidence in the future. How does the most loved aircraft and forums being marketing tools empty of consumer protection give new confidence in the future?

I understand there may be language barriers at work here, so perhaps you can expound on your statements and clarify what you mean as I find them definitively ambiguous. :dontknow:

21 hours ago, Mstor said:

galfa, you asked why I think your post is ambigous.

In the first bulleted line you state that the F-14 "is the most loved aircraft jet ever". Well, maybe by you, but I don't think you can make that assertion for everyone. Then you state "No further investigation is needed." What does that mean? No further investigation as to which jet is most loved? No investigation into the specifics of the aircraft itself? No investigation into the AMK kit?

In the second bulleted line you state that "forums like this have evolved into marketing tools competely empty of any consumer protection." What does this mean? How are forums like this "marketing tools"? What does consumer protection have to do with this forum or more specifically, this thread? Above the bulleted items you state that these "important truths" give new confidence in the future. How does the most loved aircraft and forums being marketing tools empty of consumer protection give new confidence in the future?

I understand there may be language barriers at work here, so perhaps you can expound on your statements and clarify what you mean as I find them definitively ambiguous. :dontknow:

My sincere apologies Mstor,

I just wanted to have fun playing down, with some non sense, what so far written on the over three hundred AMK F-14 post.
My goal was to be unambiguous ironic. Not by chance I ended my post quoting Star Trek Mr. Spook most famous line (live long and prosper), but I failed.

Apologies again.

59 minutes ago, galfa said:

Not by chance I ended my post quoting Star Trek Mr. Spook most famous line (live long and prosper), but I failed.

Mr. Spock said “live long and prosper”

Mr. Spook said “live loong and proosper”

Failure is not an option. 

2 hours ago, galfa said:

My sincere apologies Mstor,

I just wanted to have fun playing down, with some non sense, what so far written on the over three hundred AMK F-14 post.
My goal was to be unambiguous ironic. Not by chance I ended my post quoting Star Trek Mr. Spook most famous line (live long and prosper), but I failed.

Apologies again.

Oh man, you got me! Man was I a sucker. Well done Sir, you are a master of the subtle. :doh:

2 hours ago, Mstor said:

Oh man, you got me! Man was I a sucker. Well done Sir, you are a master of the subtle. :doh:

Oh man, you took the bait. He is the master of bai.....  oh wait.....  :doh: