Jump to content

Of Scale Modellers and the AMK Tomcat


Recommended Posts

Fellow modellers,

 

Now more than ever, we live in an age if uncertanties. However, there is some ligth in this dark historical juncture. Two very important truths are emerging from this forum, giving new confidence in the future.

  • The first one is that - His Majesty The F-14 Tomcat - is the most loved aircraft jet ever. No further investigation is needed.
  • The second one is that forums like this have evolved into marketing tools competely empty of any consumer protection.

Live long and prosper.

 

 

 

Edited by galfa
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

21 minutes ago, galfa said:

Fellow modellers,

 

Now more than ever, we live in an age if uncertanties. However, there is some ligth in this dark historical juncture. Two very important truths are emerging from this forum, giving new confidence in the future.

  • The first one is that - His Majesty The F-14 Tomcat - is the most loved aircraft jet ever. No further investigation is needed.
  • The second one is that forums like this have evolved into marketing tools competely empty of any consumer protection.

Live long and prosper.

 

 

 

 

Ahhhh, what? :hmmm:

Link to post
Share on other sites

An interesting point raised is that the forum is used as an uncontrolled marketing tool.

ModelCollect did it with their B-52s and AMK also post in the thread for their model.

Its like an official unofficial press release..

 

ModelCollect for instance, apart from visiting their web site how else would you know about the correction update to their kit.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Darren Roberts said:

Galfa is back! And here I thought it couldn't get any more entertaining! 

 

Gandalf, here...?

I don't think his idea of fun would be nearly what mine is, according to the way he used to have fun in the first saga of "The Lord Of The Rings", where he's seen puffing on his pipe, sitting, while chastising toddlers for being too noisy. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, galfa said:

The second one is that forums like this have evolved into marketing tools competely empty of any consumer protection.


umm, Steve already fixed the intrusive adult “entertainment” ads. 🙈
 

either way, ALWAYS use protection.....  🐑

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, galfa said:
  • The second one is that forums like this have evolved into marketing tools competely empty of any consumer protection.

I'm not sure what you mean by "customer protection".

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, ElectroSoldier said:

An interesting point raised is that the forum is used as an uncontrolled marketing tool.

Facebook private groups can be the opposite: a tightly controlled marketing tool

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Laurent said:

I'm not sure what you mean by "customer protection".

 

I infer he means that the manufacturer is - by no means - allowed to dismiss any shape issue pointed out to them as being an optical illusion. I've been on Xanax every since then...

 

4 hours ago, Laurent said:

Facebook private groups can be the opposite: a tightly controlled marketing tool

 

I agree; the Facebook Fandom Club was a shame! I was a member until I was done putting up with the lame knob-polishing in there.

2 hours ago, nachjager said:

Pure convfefe!

 

¿¿¿Quéééééé...???

 

30 minutes ago, Ventris said:

How many pages do we need to reach in this thread to get a free F-14?

 

A billion + 1

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Laurent said:

Facebook private groups can be the opposite: a tightly controlled marketing tool

 

Yeah but you know what your are getting into there.

How many people were taken in by ModelCollect and their B-52 release debacle right here on this very site because they assumed the protection of ARC.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...