Best kit or kit mix for a 1/72 scale YF-16?

Hi all, I have the Hasegawa YF-16/ CCV kit but other than the smaller forward fuselage that may or may not be correct, everything else is very basic.

What would be a good kit to complete an early bird?

Kursad over at Caracal Decals is about to release an awesome 1/72 decal sheet for the early Vipers and I would like to put it to good use.

The Hasegawa kit may well be basic, but it captures the shapes and features of the YF-16 well.  It will need help in the detail department however, so an Aires exhaust, an Escapac seat will go a long way to making things look better.

16 minutes ago, jenshb said:

The Hasegawa kit may well be basic, but it captures the shapes and features of the YF-16 well.  It will need help in the detail department however, so an Aires exhaust, an Escapac seat will go a long way to making things look better.

....not to mention the air intake and landing gear bay.

I wonder if replacing the the whole cockpit area would work.

The Hasegawa kit (and the many Academy reboxings) is the only kit that captures the YF shape correctly.

btw the upcoming Caracal sheet is 1/48. A 72nd version will most likely follow in a few months. 

For a 1/48 YF-16 the most accurate shape kit would be the old Entex /Otaki /ARII boxings as a starting point. 

Edited by habu2