1/72 Fujimi A-7D Corsair II

I'll start off with a critique of my own work

1) I couldn't get the intake lined up as nice as I would have liked. It's sucked in a little on one side, and protrudes on the other. One of the quirks with this kit, but I should have done better.

2) I overdid the tan canopy sealant. I normally don't do anything as it's not as prevalent as some modelers make it out to be, but wanted to give it a shot, and overdid it.

3) In hindsight I wish I would have sprung for a resin seat, but there it is.

I think it's a great build.  As you said, an ejection seat of cockpit set would have added a lot;  the ink representation of the slots an opening on the weapons pylons are  well done.  You might add a dash of dark wash to the front wheels and all wheel bays.

All in all, a better build of this kit than many others have done!

ED

• 2 weeks later...

Despite the fitting problems of the intake you have done a very good work on the model. I like A-7 a lot and Fujimi's are still the best in 1:72 scale. One thing to help avoiding the problem with the intake is to put the two parts separately on the closed fuselage and not after you put them together. By doing this you can adjust the fitting and have a better join. Then the fitting in the bottom with the wheel well might not be right and need some putty and sanding but is under the fuselage and it will not be seen. Then the problem will be eliminating the join inside the intake but a bit of effort, putty and thin sanding sticks will do the work.

Edited by SakisG