Great Wall Hobby G.W.H L4827 1/48 Su-27UB “Flanker C” Heavy Fighter

Happy new year every one.

Great Wall Hobby G.W.H L4827 1/48 Su-27UB “Flanker C” Heavy Fighter new mold kit, to be announced at Shanghai New Year Model Contest 2020 today.

Expected release date: spring 2020.

Box art: Su-27UB "Red 64" from Russian Navy Baltic Fleet 689th Independent Red Banner GvIAP intercepting USAF B-52H over Baltic Sea.

I8d5Hch.jpg

Profile of "Red 64":
Production batch: 11-02
Serial number:  96310418202
5th Sep 1990    numbered as "Red 64" arrived at the regiment Soviet Red Navy Navy Baltic Fleet 689th Independent Red Banner GvIAP
23rd Aug 2007  arrived at the 275th Aviation Repair Plant(ARZ)
21st Nov 2008   overhaul finished
6th Mar 2013    to the 100th anniversary of A .AND. Pokryshkin received "Red 100" RF-33758 “Alexander Pokryshkin”(most well known Pokryshkin's WWII aircraft is P-39N "Red 100") till now.

More details to be published soon.

After I was badly disappointed by the Revell 2020 newslist a couple of minutes ago, this is really good news! 

It seems, that the jet modellers have to rely on the new manufacturers from Far East for really new kits, rather than the classic ones, like Revell, Hasegawa or Airfix. And there is another one announced by Kitty Hawk.

Looking forward to the new G.W.H. Su-27UB!

I was hoping the single seater would be released first. Never was partial to the hump back look of the dual seat versions. Personal preference. Anxious to see how it comes out none the less. Considering their Su-35, I'm sure this will be a winner.

• 1 month later...

Same reasons as Mstor, it's also my personal preference to build single-seaters, one cockpit is good enough for me, don't wanna double my workload. 😁  Unless of course there is no single-seater for that particular jet like the F-14. Also, never considered double-seater much better looking than single-seater.

Edited by flybywire

In most cases I prefer twin seaters than single ones :) I hate the step with making cockpits but the effect is worth it!

As I think of it I can't remind many single seaters I like more than twin ones. Maybe Harrier?

5 minutes ago, B.Sin said:

I hope we see  test shots soon!

I hope to see model ready to ship soon - this weekend I expect to start MiG-31 and afterwards I planned to build Su... Especially that between release and arrival to European shops it takes at least extra month.

Edited by Tapchan
8 minutes ago, Tapchan said:

In most cases I prefer twin seaters than single ones 🙂 I hate the step with making cockpits but the effect is worth it!

As I think of it I can't remind many single seaters I like more than twin ones. Maybe Harrier?

I hope to see model ready to ship soon - this weekend I expect to start MiG-31 and afterwards I planned to build Su... Especially that between release and arrival to European shops it takes at least extra month.

Me too! But, I'm very  patient. I know I won't be disappointed !

6 hours ago, Tapchan said:

In most cases I prefer twin seaters than single ones 🙂 I hate the step with making cockpits but the effect is worth it!

A-10?

22 hours ago, Tapchan said:

I like twin seater A-10. Maybe F-16B look odd, but F-16 is generally ugly construction so can't say it look much worse than single seater.

I really count on this one to appear pretty soon 🙂 It's only 1 month till spring.

Bro are you really calling the Viper ugly???