Great Wall Hobby G.W.H L4827 1/48 Su-27UB “Flanker C” Heavy Fighter

On 4/16/2020 at 3:33 PM, foxmulder_ms said:

It is indeed essential from my perspective. Without my models, my mental health would have taken a serious hit. 

Of course it's an essential business!!

I mean, look how many people on 'model makers' on reddit label their most recent build 'my quarantine build'!  Just about every new entry is labeled as such!  How much more essential do you have to be to assuage the mental anguish of MILLIONS of people across the globe?

Sorry to deviate from the subject but does anyone know how to contact GWH?  My 1/48 F-15E kit is missing the clear parts and the store I bought it from won't help me.  Their Lion Roar site hasn't been updated in 10 years and they stopped using Facebook 5 years ago.  ANY help would be greatly appreciated!

3 hours ago, psimon said:

Sorry to deviate from the subject but does anyone know how to contact GWH?  My 1/48 F-15E kit is missing the clear parts and the store I bought it from won't help me.  Their Lion Roar site hasn't been updated in 10 years and they stopped using Facebook 5 years ago.  ANY help would be greatly appreciated!

It's not a two seater but it might help you on your way, maybe ask Haneto if he's got one planned.

• 2 weeks later...

Hands tied behind my back till now.  But here it is!

At last it is possible to speak about this new Su-27UB kit from G.W.H in 48th scale. Brand new design to the level expected from G.W.H. It will be released in August this year. The same team in design as for the Su-35 kit. Hope modellers will like it! I can promise that there are some additional details and extras not seen before.

Best regards

Gabor

2 hours ago, ya-gabor said:

At last it is possible to speak about this new Su-27UB kit from G.W.H in 48th scale. Brand new design to the level expected from G.W.H. It will be released in August this year. The same team in design as for the Su-35 kit. Hope modellers will like it! I can promise that there are some additional details and extras not seen before.

Best regards

Gabor

WORD!

4 hours ago, ya-gabor said:

I can promise that there are some additional details and extras not seen before.

Nice to have, but first I am waiting for pure Su-27, not such twin-chair-deviation. 🙂

6 hours ago, ya-gabor said:

Best regards

Gabor

Any words about the decal options? Only Soviet/Russian examples or other countries, too?

1 hour ago, foxmulder_ms said:

Any words about the decal options? Only Soviet/Russian examples or other countries, too?

Hope they will announce soon officialy. 

Remember I am only designing the details . . . : )   : )   : )  Not much that I can say. 

Best regards

Gabor

20 minutes ago, MoFo said:

Hope it ends better for you:

pablo4.jpg

Not really sure 🙂

22 minutes ago, Solo said:

BTW, it is a little bit strange,there is still nothing about new GWH F-14 1:48, but there is Su-27 coming around soon. So sad.

TopGun Maverick premiere was moved to 23rd of December, GWH probably decided to delay F-14 release for hype time then.

1 hour ago, psimon said:

WTF!

Tapchan posted pictures from the show Narcos, showing Pablo Escobar looking sad while in hiding.  I posted a picture from the same show, after he'd been caught (and executed).  Though I see how it could be misinterpreted.  Note the camera man and sound guys, though.

3a35c1cda44206bb4612db5e1d720cbb40-NARCO

Edited by MoFo
12 hours ago, Tapchan said:

TopGun Maverick premiere was moved to 23rd of December, GWH probably decided to delay F-14 release for hype time then.

Well, but Maverick's aircrafts are Super Hornets not Tomcats, so I don't think so.

Side what? 🙂 
This movie is about guy who flies Super Hornet. The same guy was flying Tomcat in 1986.
Main non-human character is Super Hornet, as Tomcat was in 1986.
Maybe there will be Tomcat CGI in final scene, but this movie is about older guy and his Super Hornet.

Where else? if a Russian jet then on a Russian site . . . : )  : )  : ) 

Just few views. Sure soon more will be on the way.

In the box some of the test sprues.

kpa5Joa.jpg

The canopy. There are two versions. One is a full transparent plastic the other one is a plastic frame with transparent canopy parts with vertical casting to reproduce that Omega shape.

Something not so evident on this view is the front windshield. It is one part with the nose section top so one will not have that nasty glue line at the base of the windshield.

znKqpsm.jpg

There were some views concerning some rivets not so "clean" and visible on the previous Su-35. Well compare it to this.

IaPk48j.jpg

And finaly the single piece nose cone. ( I am sure that our friends at Aires will feel that it is not accurate and reproduce it in resin with no change just to make a little money for nothing : )  : )  : )

jJLnRd7.jpg

Actually the nose cone is made like this so that one can show it in up position revealing the radar under it. In usual everyday operation this is a standard maintenance procedure. I have seen other manufactures exposing the whole radar cover by removing the nose cone from the fuselage frame and even the radar dish from under its cover, but this is not realistic and only done in 1% of cases or not at all. Oh well. . .

Best regards

Gabor

Edited by ya-gabor