Great Wall Hobby G.W.H L4827 1/48 Su-27UB “Flanker C” Heavy Fighter

6 hours ago, Nino_Belov said:

please check carefully those pictures that I am showing you,and you will see,that on real aircraft ,panel lines on Russian aircraft are not even close like on Tamiya.

I know that.
But as you can see above, my criticism about panel lines on GWH models (not only on Su-35) was mainly about lines of different width.
Panel lines on model should be as narrow as possible to be adequate to real ones. Period.
Following that I am really surprised that GWH can make realistic and very thin lines as showed on my picture, and there are on the same model panel lines very wide and even ugly.
Lines 0,02 mm and lines 0,2 mm width. This is what I don't like about that kit.

BTW, you are trying to convince me that those GWH lines are just fine and made to match real ones on real planes and few posts earlier Haneto convinces me that those problems with lines is caused by modl manufacturer and qualit control problems. 🙂

On 6/19/2020 at 2:38 PM, Solo said:

I have one simple question: why GWH is not able to make all panel lines as narrow and subtle like Tamiya? I have got Su-35 with very few but absolutely nice, narrow and subtle panel lines on engine nacelles (just like Tamiya's ones). But only few lines look so good, the rest of those lines (maybe there are few exceptions, I don't know) are much wider and much uglier.
So GWH can make such good lines, but they don't make it on whole kits.
I really don't know why.

I thought this is the point of your comment regarding lines, that ones are narrow and others wide.

I think I should explain more accurate what is my point.
I know there are narrow and wide panel lines on real aircrafts.
I also know that those lines are very narrow, we can talk about 1-2 mm at all, maybe less - if I am wrong please correct me.
It is easy to understand that it is almos impossible to perform such narrow lines in scale - for 1:48 those line should be 0,01 - 0,02mm wide, maybe even less. That can be technological barrier.
So now I see very few panel lines on Su-35 GWH which are very narrow and fine, maybe 0,04, mayby 0,05 mm wide. They look very fine and crispy.
If GWH wants to perform narrow and wide lines on the same plane, and additionally they are able to make very thin line, why they can't do it?
They could make 2 kinds of panel lines, for example, 0,04 and 0,08 mm wide. But no, they make few lines 0,04 mm and many lines 0,2mm wide or so.
That is what I don't like in their kits. Thay have know-how to make very nice, fine lines, but they make mostly wide ones.

Its fantastic to see GWH going full steal ahead with the Flanker family! 
The SU-35 is a fabulous kit and cannot wait for the UB and single seater.

Beautiful kits that 5 or 6 will find there way into my large Flanker family.

Great stuff!

6 hours ago, Solo said:

I also know that those lines are very narrow, we can talk about 1-2 mm at all, maybe less - if I am wrong please correct me.
It is easy to understand that it is almos impossible to perform such narrow lines in scale - for 1:48 those line should be 0,01 - 0,02mm wide, maybe even less. That can be technological barrier.
So now I see very few panel lines on Su-35 GWH which are very narrow and fine, maybe 0,04, mayby 0,05 mm wide. They look very fine and crispy.
If GWH wants to perform narrow and wide lines on the same plane, and additionally they are able to make very thin line, why they can't do it?
They could make 2 kinds of panel lines, for example, 0,04 and 0,08 mm wide. But no, they make few lines 0,04 mm and many lines 0,2mm wide or so.
That is what I don't like in their kits. Thay have know-how to make very nice, fine lines, but they make mostly wide ones.

Because Tamiya is soooo superior and GWH is soooo backward. GWH cannot do anything.

18 hours ago, Solo said:

Solo:  Do you even build? No one is forcing you, or even forcing you to buy the kit. Your ideas on manufacturing lead me to believe you may be associated with a competitor or maybe you're just whining too much.

There, I said all I'm going to say about it. Now...where are we with the AMK Tomcat thread?

10 hours ago, Tapchan said:

As long as they keep the shape right there is no risk of war.

Exactly!

For those of us, who over the years built the Academy Su-27, we are now getting kits that we could only dream of 25-30 years ago. GWH has put us on a different playing field as far as accurate shape and details. Make us a Su-27SM & and a Su-30SM/MKI/MKM/MKA with canards please.

Edited by Mr Matt Foley
Edit
3 hours ago, Mr Matt Foley said:

Exactly!

For those of us, who over the years built the Academy Su-27, we are now getting kits that we could only dream of 25-30 years ago. GWH has put us on a different playing field as far as accurate shape and details. Make us a Su-27SM & and a Su-30SM/MKK/MK2 with canards please.

👍👍

3 hours ago, Mr Matt Foley said:

Make us a Su-27SM & and a Su-30SM/MKK/MK2 with canards please.

MKK variant has no canards as well as MK2.

Canarded twin-seaters are  - SM (RF)/MKI (India)/MKA (Algeria)/MKM (Malaysia)

Cy30-1.png