Great Wall Hobby G.W.H L4827 1/48 Su-27UB “Flanker C” Heavy Fighter

12 hours ago, ya-gabor said:

Pugachev at the controls of his Flanker at Le Bourget. Those were the times.

I got him to sign Andrei Fomin's Su-27 book at Zhukovsky - he was standing there talking into his mobile phone when I approached him.

He had a female assistant(?) with him and she held the book open whilst he tucked his phone under his chin and carried on talking whiilst autographing the book...

Great times.....Nice guy....

I liked his 'dismount' from the Su-27 - he would put his legs outside the cockpit, parallel to the ground whilst holding on the the windscreen on one side and the seat head box on the other - like a gymnast on the parrallel bars......

Ken

PS - I also got Mikhail Pogosiyans and Simonov's autographs in the same book.

I seen photo of one of our MiG-19PM pilots doing the same "performance" in the days of the Cuban crisis. : )  : )   So it seems to be a "standard" routine in the syllabus of Russian fighter pilot schools. : )  

Yes, Ken the political climate was very different in late 80's early 90's. Those pilots had a lot of fun and loved to show off their aircraft and skills to Western audience and professionals. 

Best regards

Gabor 

1 hour ago, ya-gabor said:

I seen photo of one of our MiG-19PM pilots doing the same "performance" in the days of the Cuban crisis. : )  : )   So it seems to be a "standard" routine in the syllabus of Russian fighter pilot schools. : )  

Yes, Ken the political climate was very different in late 80's early 90's. Those pilots had a lot of fun and loved to show off their aircraft and skills to Western audience and professionals. 

Best regards

Gabor 

Well... didnt know that 😉

Edited by mario krijan

As I have said before none of us are employees of G.W.H, so have no influence on how customer service is arranged at this company.

But I have to add that this is a forum about the new Su-27UB kit from G.W.H.

It is not a Wish List forum or a General Complaint forum.

I am sorry that you have a problem with an F-15 kit (I haven’t even seen it). It is understandable that you would like to have some kind of solution to your problem but neither am I or this forum is the place for solving it. Sorry!

Fortunately we have a free choice on what kit we buy. Good luck with any kit you choose in the future!

Best regards

Gabor

50 minutes ago, ya-gabor said:

As I have said before none of us are employees of G.W.H, so have no influence on how customer service is arranged at this company.

But I have to add that this is a forum about the new Su-27UB kit from G.W.H.

It is not a Wish List forum or a General Complaint forum.

I am sorry that you have a problem with an F-15 kit (I haven’t even seen it). It is understandable that you would like to have some kind of solution to your problem but neither am I or this forum is the place for solving it. Sorry!

Fortunately we have a free choice on what kit we buy. Good luck with any kit you choose in the future!

Best regards

Gabor

I would not have brought this up at all on the forum but your 'messages' was blocked and my last note was in reply to another comment.  You said you would at least look into finding a contact to help me since you did work for the company but I guess you never meant that.   😕  

10 hours ago, mario krijan said:

Ken.... isnt that Anatoly Kvochure exiting performance?

You're correct Mario - I had a 'Senior Moment' there - my eyes read Viktor Pugachev - but by the time the signal got to my brain it read Anatoly Kvochur.....:doh:

My entire post refers to Kvochur.....

I'm going to lie down in a darkened room now......

Ken (who is rapidly losing it!!)

PS - I also got Pugachev's signature at a previous MAKS - he signed a Sukhoi brochure for me....

The next instalment of details for the new G.W.H Su-27UB kit in 48th scale.

There is little that I can add to the following images. They explain some of the fine details incorporated into the kit design.

PYolTWm.jpg

QtKQ53w.jpg

FJZjWh3.jpg

QQoE6XJ.jpg

Best regards

Gabor

2 hours ago, ya-gabor said:

There is little that I can add to the following images. They explain some of the fine details incorporated into the kit design.

@ya-gabor, may I expect those pictiures, drawings and comments will be in the instruction manual of the kit?

3 hours ago, Solo said:

@ya-gabor, may I expect those pictiures, drawings and comments will be in the instruction manual of the kit?

I am sure you know that I could not comment on this. Only can say that what you see here are prepared and edited to go with the lead up to the release of the kit to show some of the work that has gone into the desing of the kit in the past years. Believe me a lot of work.

As to what will happen later . . .

Best regards

Gabor

On 6/23/2020 at 10:10 PM, ya-gabor said:

Also it is important to add that I am just one member of a team who designed this kit and have to admit that others had different access to information and data. I could not speak for them. 

Yes, the Flanker has been around for some time, on my side I used a lot of material from the past decades of research and tones of photos I taken going back to that very first Western premiere of the Su-27 in Paris.

If you ask if we did a LIDAR scan of an airframe then I can say we did not, but looking at some "success" of other kit producers with this technology I think we are better off with not scanning. : )  : )

Best regards

Gabor

Sorry, I missed your reply, I meant maybe you guys took some measurements.

But now that I've seen the CAD pictures and compared them to that of the Su-35, I'm actually a 100% certain that the shape of the windshield/canopy of the single seater has been redesigned, it's noticeably narrower too, looks like it's going match the AA/Kinetic's design quite well.

Haha, I know at least one kit/manufacturer your are talking about :-) To be fair it's probably a 10$ kit(to distributors), so they probably didn't put much effort into it. Anyway, yes you guys are certainly getting the most out of the available data and the best by long shot regarding the details.

Edited by delide

Here is a little bit more on the development of the new G.W.H Flanker family in 48 th scale. Once again most of it self-explanatory, no need for extra notes.

XiwgTE9.jpg

60dWwWJ.jpg 

There is always room for improvement. Many have disliked the engine exhausts of earlier kit for one or other reason. Some companies do it one way (as a single part) other have different solution.

Still think that it was a right approach but one can go one step further. I was thinking about a slight change and fortunately G.W.H did like it and incorporated into the design. Will modellers like it or not I dont  know. Hope they will.

brrvoWV.jpg

0Fc0UGg.jpg

Best regards

Gabor

Here is another bunch of illustrations for the brand new G.W.H Su-27 kit in 48th scale and the way it was designed, what we wanted to add and parts we thought would be interesting to make the kit as authentic as possible.

My sanity was questioned by some Russian Su-27 experts when I suggested that there is an indentation on both sides of the tail boom underside. It is round about the same place as the after wings of the missile are positioned. There is a gap there but still . . .

Many photos were examined and I had a closer look at a real Su-27UB for confirmation and those “dents” are there.  Only the Zvezda 72 nd scale kit has them but there it has very soft “edges” and looks more like a plastic shrinkage problem.

ObP6yG4.jpg 

Everyone is usually looking at the instrument panel as a mark of detail level for a cockpit. The area under the windscreen is usually overlooked / simplified. OK there is a HUD and some shape but that is all.

Just as with the Su-35S kit this area was important in my opinion and G.W.H was easy to convince that it would be worthwhile to do a bit of detailing here. After all a plastic part will have to be made for the coming and it takes same amount of work to add details as not too. The only difference is in research that goes into it. Any difference for the modellers? Apart from looking nice and authentic there is also no need to get any aftermarket. Same with the HUD and its unit.      

xXgmVrE.jpg

The ejection seat. What can I say? Not much more than what is written here. A real live seat was measured for this research.

98dgDhI.jpg

The nose gear bay details are different for the single seater and the two seater aircraft, details are there in the kit.

6N3FOKT.jpg

Best regards

Gabor