Great Wall Hobby G.W.H L4827 1/48 Su-27UB “Flanker C” Heavy Fighter

It is more expensive than Su-35 by only around 5%. With €85 avg price of the Su-35 that would be maybe €4 extra. Even less, because european price includes also shipping and margin which should not rise along the base kit price. 20 rmb price difference + 4 rmb of tax gives us €3 extra. Also some shops in Belgium/France/Netherlands offer a discount for new releases which may go around €10 (usual AMK F-14D price is €65 now but in some shops you could've bought it for €48-€55 at the beginning).

Edited by Tapchan
19 hours ago, Nino_Belov said:

Ok you win.I will not include my self anymore in this forum.Bye.

Dude, chill. There is nothing wrong with bringing up a perceived problem. I am still having difficulty telling what the problem is from your photos. I understand that you are saying that there is a "kink" in the under surface of the fuselage/wing that is the wrong place. I don't think we have enough photos of that area on the actual kit to see it properly. But, if there is an issue there, it will come out. Inferring that anyone who can't see it is unintelligent is just plain rude. Be patient. More photos will be released. I would like to see the area in question with the engine nacelle in place.

I will say, that if there is an actual problem there, it wouldn't be a deal breaker for me. I don't think it raises to the level of the AMK F-14D hips, but that's just one person's opinion.

Next up are the fragile and crisp parts, the transparencies.

As shown before the canopies are complex parts where the modeller has a choice of what he wants to do based on his skills and preferences. Little can be said, photos are here of the plastic parts. Only can add that we tried to get as close to that Omega cross section shape as possible and slide mould technology allows this to be made.

wi0h6VV.jpg

Here is the sprue that one uses if wants to play around a little more with parts and also wants to avoid some of those internal view distortions with a closed canopy.

vP9MypZ.jpg

Frist glimpe of the single seat versions canopy but what is more important here is the front windshield which is common for both the single seat and the Su-27UB versions

ydcJT6f.jpg

If one is not so keen on ading extra work then can use this version of the canopy, say when it is shown in open position and the slight distortion is not so important / visible.

e4McsCr.jpg

The Su-27UB specific sprue for different parts of the canopy, the other version of wing tip missile rail and of course that big air brake with all sorts of fine internal details.

JAgefB6.jpg

KeLpy1I.jpg

There are several solo micro small sprues like for the nose wheel mud guard or the ejection seat headrest as well as some of the weapons sprues like here for the unguided missile block or the paired pylon.  

FGPoaf4.jpg

VipidCH.jpg

More very soon!

Best regards

Gabor

3 hours ago, Mstor said:

But, if there is an issue there, it will come out. Inferring that anyone who can't see it is unintelligent is just plain rude. Be patient. More photos will be released. I would like to see the area in question with the engine nacelle in place.

I will say, that if there is an actual problem there, it wouldn't be a deal breaker for me. I don't think it raises to the level of the AMK F-14D hips, but that's just one person's opinion.

Yes, there was that question on wing design details. I have said before that this question was tackled previously and if someone took the time to read what was shown all so many weeks ago then he would have noticed that this feature was shown especially to doubters of the authenticity of our work. Here it is again 

5Y6BH56.jpg

I believe a company has to learn and develop all the time and take into account any mistakes no matter how small from the past and grow further. G.W.H has been around for a decade now and the line of kits produced so far I think clearly shows this scrupulous work to provide as perfect as possible products to the customers.

How big is this “crease” on the 48 th scale kit??? Barely noticeable and have to admit very difficult to show and photograph. But here it is.

dIiXZJi.jpg

Hope it is clear now.

Best regards

Gabor

Great details Gabor - it looks fabulous - although not my scale.

I see that it has the rails for the blind-flying canopy..........

Su-30sm_017.JPG

.... will there be instructions on how to make the folded curtain (if the modeller chooses to fit it ???).

My attempt in 1/72 scale is less than stellar......

Su-30sm_018.JPG

Su-30sm_035.JPG

Ken

PS - I'm not trying to be awkward - just fascinated by the level of detail you have incorporated  - it's just stunning.......

Hi Ken,

Thanks. We do / did try to do our best and make a kit by modellers for modellers.

The curtain. As far as I know it is not included. While the frame is there on the canopy it shows exactly the dual role of the aircraft as in its name UB (Учебно Боевой) or Trainer / Fighter. When used as a trainer with the need for blind flying for the forward seated pupil then the curtain is installed. But for standard fighter bomber mission the curtain is in the way so it is not fitted. 

Now here we are tip-toing on very thin ice. If I add details on what the curtain looks like and where to put it then inevitably there will be some modellers who don’t read the explanation and will ask “ where is that curtain part” it is must be missing from his set and anyway the kit is unbuildable.

Some Russians for example DEMAND that all kits should have the introductory offer of the second tinted canopy of the previous Su-35S kit, just as with this new Su-27UB to have the turned pitot as a standard feature of ALL kits. They simply don’t understand the meaning of “introductory extra”. Unfortunately I think the same would happen here with the curtain explanation.

Good to have you on board and comment as someone who not only seen a Flanker but also spent some time in it! : )  : )  Even if only just minutes!  : )  : )

Keep safe!

Best regards

Gabor

7 hours ago, ya-gabor said:

Little look at the cockpit part. Photos from Haneto from todays show in Shanghai. A bit of detail added for modellers. Get your fine paint brushes out.  : )    : )

iDLkDTK.jpg

NDw2cei.jpg

Best regards

Gabor

Great Detail in those cockpit shots. Darn near as detailed as the 1/32 Aires pit.

6 hours ago, Nino_Belov said:

Mr.Gabor,I want to thank you for your answer.Just one question,is this what I have marked the reference point the flaperone of Su-35 or Su-27?I think that is from Su-35,please correct me if I am wrong.It is very important for my reference material.Thank you.

5-Y6-BH56-1.jpg

The staff who edit the booklet accidentally used the Su-35 photo on 3rd row.

But the shape/kink is same on both Su-27 and Su-35.

Only the root panel before the kink, the shape is different by -27 and -35. 

On 8/10/2020 at 3:46 AM, haneto said:

The staff who edit the booklet accidentally used the Su-35 photo on 3rd row.

But the shape/kink is same on both Su-27 and Su-35.

Only the root panel before the kink, the shape is different by -27 and -35. 

Edited by Nino_Belov
9 hours ago, Mr Matt Foley said:

Great Detail in those cockpit shots. Darn near as detailed as the 1/32 Aires pit.

In places this is only fraction of what I wanted to be included but technology and scale . . .

Best regards

Gabor

On 8/10/2020 at 8:57 AM, B.Sin said:

Gabor,  

At this Shanghai model show, we're their outher  manufacturers besides GWH?

Was anything else new anouce?

Brad

Hi Brad,

I was not there, so have absolutely no idea about this. I think it was more a local annual modelling competition.

Best regards

Gabor

Jumping a little ahead but after all in some cases we modellers sometimes want to see what it looks like and patience is left behind.

There are many choices for the modellers. Here is a view of the main canopy in two versions. Everyone can use a canopy which is closest to their liking and needs.

tFyJAPl.jpg

L75DBuS.jpg

A quick assembly of the ejection seats showing the choice given to modellers. How many time have you seen that the seat in forward and after cockpit have the harness left behind by pilots in exactly the same “arrangement”.

aOXXG8X.jpg

And here is the cockpit with most of the parts fitted to see what it will look like.

lGKjYyc.jpg

8GLC3e7.jpg

sGXmb3M.jpg

3pBWjYr.jpg

All photos by Haneto.

Best regards

Gabor

Will there be tiny instrument decals provided for the instrument panels like in the MiG-29 kit?

I certainly hope so as it was less of a hassle then expected and it worked out great.

Edited by ijozic

I did the research and development of the stencils ( boy, there are hunderds of them, those Sukhoy designers love to leave their "signatures" all over the airframe :coolio: ) and the ejection seat decals. Dont know what will happen inside the cockpit, but would suspect that it should be the same principle as on previous kits. 

Best regards

Gabor

19 minutes ago, ijozic said:

Will there be tiny instrument decals provided for the instrument panels like in the MiG-29 kit?

I certainly hope so as it was less of a hassle then expected and it worked out great.

Yes of course there will be complete cockpit decals including instrument panels, small buttons, vents, etc.

You may also notice the instrument panels are recessed so that you can add some clear UV glue after applying the decals, to replicate the glass effect.

Those are all calculated during the kit design.

Hope it clarifies.

It would be really intersting if this was true since we are still working on some details of the kit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What the seller is showing is just a box top and the standard photos published by G.W.H. 

I would say this is a rip-off. 

It WILL be available in the future!

Best regards

Gabor