Great Wall Hobby G.W.H L4827 1/48 Su-27UB “Flanker C” Heavy Fighter

3 hours ago, haneto said:

Yes of course there will be complete cockpit decals including instrument panels, small buttons, vents, etc.

You may also notice the instrument panels are recessed so that you can add some clear UV glue after applying the decals, to replicate the glass effect.

Those are all calculated during the kit design.

Hope it clarifies.

Glad to hear it's going to be included, thanks for the info.

I don't mind painting the cockpit myself if the raised detail provided is good enough, but the instrument faces are impossible to paint convincingly for me, hence why I wish more kits would came with individual instrument faces when they already go through the extra cost of desinging detailed instrument panels.

Edited by ijozic
On 8/9/2020 at 3:01 PM, ya-gabor said:

Little look at the cockpit part. Photos from Haneto from todays show in Shanghai. A bit of detail added for modellers. Get your fine paint brushes out.  : )    : )

iDLkDTK.jpg

NDw2cei.jpg

Best regards

Gabor

Amazing details and molding finness ! I have seen many 1/32 side consoles with far less details. When I see this, all I want to do is use my fine brushes and dump Eduard's colored (and way too much pixelated) PE. GWH sure rock !!!

Cheers !

4 hours ago, ya-gabor said:

A quick assembly of the ejection seats showing the choice given to modellers. How many time have you seen that the seat in forward and after cockpit have the harness left behind by pilots in exactly the same “arrangement”.

aOXXG8X.jpg

Best regards

Gabor

Awesome 👌 ! I see no reason to purchase resin seats, the part definition is so beautiful, I cannot see Tamiya doing any better... except perhaps for transparencies.

Amazing work !

Cheers !

Man, I have generally not much interest in Sukhoï fighters but this level of accuracy or dedication to detail is the reason I will most certainly purchase all of their Sukhoï kits.

These are gigantic steps ahead of the Hobby Boss and Kinetic kits which were not bad kits after all.

Cheers !

4 hours ago, ya-gabor said:

lGKjYyc.jpg

I have the Academy single seater, which I have decided to build now since I know that will never happen if I got my hands on one of these new kits.

The funny thing is that my total investment in the Academy kit - corrected nose, resin pitot (purchased before the magnificent new brass sets became available), resin nozzles, resin cockpit, photo-etch set, decals - now exceeds by a significant margin what the new GWH kit will cost, and yet it will still lag far behind in both accuracy and detail. As I said, I better build the Academy kit now, before one of these land in my stash.

Just being mischievous........ but the canopy latches look a bit ill-defined.... (ignore the handsome jet jockey...)

yours_truly_02.jpg

And..... will the decal sheet include a map for the beautifully rendered map case???   :whistle:  :whistle:

trumpflank_31.jpg

Sorry - it's hot and I'm bored...

Kyen

5 hours ago, Mfezi said:

I have the Academy single seater, which I have decided to build now since I know that will never happen if I got my hands on one of these new kits.

The funny thing is that my total investment in the Academy kit - corrected nose, resin pitot (purchased before the magnificent new brass sets became available), resin nozzles, resin cockpit, photo-etch set, decals - now exceeds by a significant margin what the new GWH kit will cost, and yet it will still lag far behind in both accuracy and detail. As I said, I better build the Academy kit now, before one of these land in my stash.

I unloaded my Academy Mig-29's and Su-27's a long time ago. They were the only game in town back in the early 90's. By today's standards, you're wasting your time and money with them. GWH is so much better.....so is HobbyBoss or Kittyhawk's Su-27 offerings.

7 hours ago, ya-gabor said:

I would say this is a rip-off. 

No, I don't think so.
There is no information about immediate dispatch, even delivery time is november or even december, so it is just something like pre-release: buing now, delivery in the future (when available). Nothin illegal or fraud.

On 8/8/2020 at 8:51 AM, ya-gabor said:

I did say that the kit will be on show and very soon. Actually it is on public view at this weekends Shanghai Summer Model Contest.

So if you are there in Shanghai this weekend don’t forget to drop in and have a first-hand look at the sprues.

Here are the sprues and the stand

Photos by Haneto.

8qxeELs.jpg

Best regards

Gabor

I see what Nino was referring to and yes the kink was placed in the wrong spot like the Su-35.

On one hand he should have explained better without going down throwing insults and questioning people's intelligence or going on angry rants like the other threads.

Here's an edited photo explaining the problem better.

Basically GWH placed the kink on what should be still flat surface. Yes the kink in the su-35 and now su-27ub plastic is hidden by that wheel well door fence thingy but still wrong place. The real thing the kink should be along the wingroot strenghtening plate, which also justifies the kink on the flaps that's on the same spot if you follow that line.

UFraOKz.jpg

5 minutes ago, Inquisitor said:

I see what Nino was referring to and yes the kink was placed in the wrong spot like the Su-35.

On one hand he should have explained better without going down throwing insults and questioning people's intelligence or going on angry rants like the other threads.

Here's an edited photo explaining the problem better.

Basically GWH placed the kink on what should be still flat surface. Yes the kink in the su-35 and now su-27ub plastic is hidden by that wheel well door fence thingy but still wrong place. The real thing the kink should be along the wingroot strenghtening plate, which also justifies the kink on the flaps that's on the same spot if you follow that line.

UFraOKz.jpg

Dude.....save yourself the stress and trouble. Don't buy the kit.

4 hours ago, Solo said:

No, I don't think so.
There is no information about immediate dispatch, even delivery time is november or even december, so it is just something like pre-release: buing now, delivery in the future (when available). Nothin illegal or fraud.

Roll the dice and order Solo. Me, I've been burned before by sales similar to this one and shipping delays are not going away anytime soon. I wish more people would do like Sophie Lymn with Kitty Hawk and just ship Fed Ex. I'll hang in there until Sprue Bros. has them.

24 minutes ago, Mr Matt Foley said:

Dude.....save yourself the stress and trouble. Don't buy the kit.

Dude, where did I mention I'm stressed or if I'd buy or not the kit? Or did I ever say angrily foaming at my mouth "IT'S UNBUILDABLE!!!!!"?

I'm merely helping pointing out that error. It's up to each individual's judgement what they take from that information.

About the "kink", I have explained on Scalemodel.ru forum but I will repeat it again since the actual Su-27 plastic parts are in my hands now.

I know the "wrong placed kink" from the very beginning even during Su-35 design.

Yes it is there, but it will NOT be visible once you gluing all the parts.

Then why call it a "mistake"?

I did not ask CAD team to correct it, because in my view it is NOT a mistake as long as it's invisible after model is finished.

Meanwhile, the "kink" on flap root is there, obvious and nicely.

Problem solved. 🙂 

kbTEy6v.jpg

Cheers,

Yufei

Edited by haneto
On 8/12/2020 at 1:19 AM, Inquisitor said:

Dude, where did I mention I'm stressed or if I'd buy or not the kit? Or did I ever say angrily foaming at my mouth "IT'S UNBUILDABLE!!!!!"?

I'm merely helping pointing out that error. It's up to each individual's judgement what they take from that information.

Edited by Nino_Belov
5 hours ago, Inquisitor said:

You're absolutely correct. Pointing out an error cannot be considered a mortal sin, is it?

I'm not trying to start an argument  here or anything, just want to state my personal opinion. 

When something is there that shouldn't be there in the first place, it is called an error or mistake.

When something is hidden or cannot be seen after the assembly but the error/mistake was there, the "error/mistake" is still there , it was not removed, it's just not seen. Not seen or hidden is completely different from no error/mistake.

Edited by flybywire
On 8/12/2020 at 7:18 AM, flybywire said:

I'm not trying to start an argument  here or anything, just want to state my personal opinion. 

When something is there that shouldn't be there in the first place, it is called an error or mistake.

When something is hidden or cannot be seen after the assembly but the error/mistake was there, the "error/mistake" is still there , it was not removed, it's just not seen. Not seen or hidden is completely different from no error/mistake.

Edited by Nino_Belov