Great Wall Hobby G.W.H L4827 1/48 Su-27UB “Flanker C” Heavy Fighter

1 hour ago, solher1 said:

I can still see it t for sale on Deal of the Day for $64.99.

Maybe it still is on sale. It said it expired though on 12/16/20. In the past it they went for a 24 hour period. I say you need to buy not one...but 4 of them !

1 minute ago, Mr Matt Foley said:

Maybe it still is on sale. It said it expired though on 12/16/20. In the past it they went for a 24 hour period. I say you need to buy not one...but 4 of them !

I successfully checked out this AM, couldn’t pass that up!

2 minutes ago, RKKA said:

I have ordered a second one + one more Quinta set.

waiting for AKAN colors. I hope their interior grey-blue matches the one of Quinta. Anyway, Quinta’s color looks a little bit too dark compared to photos of the real thing

I have the Akan Sukhoi cockpit color and it matches the Qunta set. There are two factories (Knappo and Irkut)that make Su-27 in Russia maybe they have two different cockpit blues. As I have seen photos that show it a little lighter and some that are an exact match to the Akan color. Of course I could be wrong, but that's my guess and observation

24 minutes ago, boom175 said:

I have the Akan Sukhoi cockpit color and it matches the Qunta set. There are two factories (Knappo and Irkut)that make Su-27 in Russia maybe they have two different cockpit blues. As I have seen photos that show it a little lighter and some that are an exact match to the Akan color. Of course I could be wrong, but that's my guess and observation

Thx, good news then. 

35 minutes ago, boom175 said:

Hi,

Would you mind telling me what Akan  Sukhoi cockpit color you are referring to?

Thank you.

Juan

1 hour ago, solher1 said:

Hi,

Would you mind telling me what Akan  Sukhoi cockpit color you are referring to?

Thank you.

Juan

Akan color # 63069 Grey-Dark Blue (faded), interior of pilot cabin for airplanes Su-27/30/32/33/34/35/37/39

22 hours ago, Mr Matt Foley said:

I foresee the end of the Cockpit Artist with these 3d printed "easy way out" cockpit decals. 

Matt, I agree with you as far as it goes.  But the fact is that these wonderful little Quinta sets are very expensive, and not everyone can or will choose to afford them. Plus, there will always be those folks who want to do it the ’hard way’, if for no other reason than they can. As for me, someone with zero artistic or other talent, I love that there is now another option to make my airplanes look great, which is my ultimate goal anyway.  But, getting back to the topic that the OP started...  😊

Edited by Curt B
22 hours ago, Mr Matt Foley said:

I foresee the end of the Cockpit Artist with these 3d printed "easy way out" cockpit decals. 

Hmmm maybe, but I am not 100% sure. I haven’t seen the Quinta Decals in person yet but the combination of a great oob cockpit together with cockpit decals and some careful painting also leads to some spectacular results (see for example hanetos Su-35 build on this site). Great Wall Hobby does a great job in that regards.

Habe received two AKAN sets. 47332 and 47325. both for Su-27, from what I understand 47332 is for later colors, after 2014.

And yes, 73069 grey dark blue looks in the bottle very much like the Quinta color choice  for Su-27UB.

now I can start with the build 

On 12/17/2020 at 7:58 AM, Ratte said:

Hmmm maybe, but I am not 100% sure. I haven’t seen the Quinta Decals in person yet but the combination of a great oob cockpit together with cockpit decals and some careful painting also leads to some spectacular results (see for example hanetos Su-35 build on this site). Great Wall Hobby does a great job in that regards.

I was being sarcastic. They're lazy.

Ill be grabbing a few Quinta sets.

One thing is for sure is some weathering, a wash etc will lift Quinta from just a 3D addon set to incredible.

There is always room for the cockpit artist to improve upon a great set and elevate their work above the shake and bake crew.

Just because they do a great job doesnt mean it cant be improved on..

Thanks, haneto.  May I respectfully request a slightly off topic question and ask what UV Glue anyone has used with success?  I’ve considered getting some in the past, and I guess there’s no time like the present.  I suggest if anyone can recommend 1 or 2 glue sets, I don’t need to turn this into a big off-topic deal...

Edited by Curt B