Great Wall Hobby G.W.H L4827 1/48 Su-27UB “Flanker C” Heavy Fighter

Wow, thanks for the heads up. In a slight panic, checked my kit and, welp, same problem:

q7lNrIj.jpg

So this could be a widespread issue with molds. Everyone should check! Got mine from Lucky Model (live in US). Probably can be fixed with some hot water and bending, though?

Edited by Porkbits
27 minutes ago, Porkbits said:

Got mine from Lucky Model (live in US). Probably can be fixed with some hot water and bending, though?

Mine are from Sprue Brothers both. There are also reports on Russian forums. 

Yes, it probably can be fixed with hot water but I afraid fins might bend fist as they're much thinner.

10 hours ago, Helmsman said:

Well, got my second kit and found a bunch of bent missiles. All R-27Rs are bent, one 27T is bent slightly while second is straight. Checked first kit, found both 27T bent slightly and 4 straight 27Rs.20201221_114001.jpg.2e3d82eebd108dd7bb8d9beed54c225f.jpg

I got two kits, the one I got from Sprue Brothers today is fine, the one I got from Lucky Model has the same problem as described by Helmsman above.

Easy fix, I don't know.

Juan

43 minutes ago, Stinger16 said:

Do any of you guys have any paint recommendations.  I usually spray lacquer paints. I’m on the fence between Akan russian paints 10ml bottles or mrp 30ml paints.  Thanks for looking

jeff

Akan Lacquers are good paint. My experience with the water based acryl paints was terrible. Very poor adhesion on a very good primer (Mr. Surfacer 1200) so unless they made some amazing changes lately, I would stay clear of them. There are some very good enamels from White Ensign which are supposed to be very good color wise as well. Stay away from Akan water based products.

So if I wanted to do this guy, which laquer series AKAN set should I buy? I've been using their acrylics for a few years, but agree that adhesion is a problem and I need to switch to the lacquers. 

Thanks so much, and hope everyone has a good holiday (as best you can during the 2020 dumpster fire).....

xc4N6mn.jpg

Edited by Porkbits
58 minutes ago, RKKA said:

What’s the complain about the 7xxxx series? I have the sets 47325 and 47332, both 7xxxx series specifically for Su-27

but and i do apologize if i'm wrong those set of akan are for the su 27 SM more modern batch !!! but in a close inspection of what said about the red 64 in 2007 went for a rapair so they repainted again maybe they used the same colors like the more recent su 27 SM series i hope to sort it out this as well ! i'm a bit confused!!! thanks for any help

Maybe I have been lucky but I have used the 7xxx series with no problems.  I have used the Mig-29 colors, Su-27 and recently on a Mig-31M.

In addition to that, I almost never use primer prior to paint.

However, I recognize that the 6xxx series spray better.

In general, I prefer lacquers or enamels over acrylics.

Juan

17 hours ago, solher1 said:

Maybe I have been lucky but I have used the 7xxx series with no problems.  I have used the Mig-29 colors, Su-27 and recently on a Mig-31M.

In addition to that, I almost never use primer prior to paint.

However, I recognize that the 6xxx series spray better.

In general, I prefer lacquers or enamels over acrylics.

Juan

Like I said, maybe they have improved the formula...but they lost me as a customer for the water based "7 Series".

Yesterday, I got the GWH Su-27UB as a christmas gift from my parents. I must say, what a gorgeous kit! To my opinion one of the best, if not the best 1:48 jet airplane kit until today!

I know, that several ARC forum users where involved in the R&D process of this kit. You really did a wonderful job together with GWH and thank you very much! 👍

2 hours ago, falcon91352 said:

Yesterday, I got the GWH Su-27UB as a christmas gift from my parents. I must say, what a gorgeous kit! To my opinion one of the best, if not the best 1:48 jet airplane kit until today!

I know, that several ARC forum users where involved in the R&D process of this kit. You really did a wonderful job together with GWH and thank you very much! 👍

That's why I'm  patiently waiting for GWH F-14!

On 12/10/2020 at 1:45 PM, RKKA said:

Received my kit. Wow! 
I have 2 GWH Su-35 kits, but this Su-27UB is even much better. Ordered the Quinta cockpit „decal“ set 🙂

Anyone knows where to find photos for the „100“ of the navy force in the Baltics? 

very hard to find ! actually i went on russians forum about russian air force and specific su 27 and derivates hundreds of photos but non of the bort 100 or 64  but i won't give up 

1 hour ago, legend1 said:

very hard to find ! actually i went on russians forum about russian air force and specific su 27 and derivates hundreds of photos but non of the bort 100 or 64  but i won't give up 

Somebody has posted this one: https://youtu.be/RNPljNqUecE

this is very helpful, from this year, showing the 100. noticeable: a lot of paint repair work 

On 12/24/2020 at 12:04 PM, Porkbits said:

So if I wanted to do this guy, which laquer series AKAN set should I buy? I've been using their acrylics for a few years, but agree that adhesion is a problem and I need to switch to the lacquers. 

Thanks so much, and hope everyone has a good holiday (as best you can during the 2020 dumpster fire).....

xc4N6mn.jpg

Hf40voH.jpg

Thanks for the photo! Awesome. I probably won't weather mine, even though the actual plane is well worn. I like my flankers new and shiny. 🙂And also because the older I get, the lazier I get and can't be bothered to do the extra work lol. 

Can anyone recommend an AKAN lacquer set that matches the camo for 64? 

Thanks....!

53 minutes ago, Porkbits said:

Thanks for the photo! Awesome. I probably won't weather mine, even though the actual plane is well worn. I like my flankers new and shiny. 🙂And also because the older I get, the lazier I get and can't be bothered to do the extra work lol. 

Can anyone recommend an AKAN lacquer set that matches the camo for 64? 

Thanks....!

8uztt51.jpg

i bought the gunze sangyo H323 LIGHT BLU H315 GRAY FS16440 H56 INTERMEDIATE BLU and i will mix according to the instruction but i guess this mis will result in very faded colors i forgot and white as well H 1

Edited by legend1
2 minutes ago, legend1 said:

i bought the gunze sangyo H323 LIGHT BLU H315 GRAY FS16440 H56 INTERMEDIATE BLU and i will mix according to the instruction but i guess this mis will result in very faded colors i forgot and white as well H 1

i'm not sure but the set for the su 27 SM looks the correct but we need to check !