19 hours ago, Porkbits said:

Thanks!

So maybe something like these:

LINK

19 hours ago, Porkbits said:

Thanks!

So maybe something like these:

LINK

have a look herehttp://www.theworldwars.net/resources/resource.php?r=camo_vvsmod&fbclid=IwAR1T9x5A_HMKjKZgLFP4zIrkhZK53lfwqSyO3VW_EMFV71Bnhj2euNqWaiE

On 12/22/2020 at 5:54 AM, solher1 said:

I got two kits, the one I got from Sprue Brothers today is fine, the one I got from Lucky Model has the same problem as described by Helmsman above.

Easy fix, I don't know.

Juan

Preordered mine from AMMO MIG (Spain) in October and received it today. First check went to the armement and to my relief, everything is O.K.

Madcop

7 minutes ago, madcop said:

Preordered mine from AMMO MIG (Spain) in October and received it today. First check went to the armement and to my relief, everything is O.K.

Madcop

Preordered from MIG too. Package was sent 18th even tho I requested them to send it in January. Tracking is not working at all. I'm away from home until 3rd January and afraid the package will be returned or go missing if my neighbour pick it up...

Edited by Tapchan
8 hours ago, Tapchan said:

Preordered from MIG too. Package was sent 18th even tho I requested them to send it in January. Tracking is not working at all. I'm away from home until 3rd January and afraid the package will be returned or go missing if my neighbour pick it up...

Depends where you're living. Mine was also sent on the 18th of december and I was informed on the 28th through PostNL tracking system that my parcel would be delivered the 29th between midday and 4.30pm. Can't you still choose a "Pick-up" point instead of your address ?  Hope you can get in touch with the Agency who should deliver your parcel....

Good luck.

Madcop

Hi All,

Just  thought I'd jump in here to add my $0.02.  I got my GWH SU-27UB from SprueBrothers in early November, and decided, based on the discussion here on curved missiles, to verify mine.  All of the weapons in my kit are perfectly straight.  

I've read with interest this lengthy thread, and certainly a lot of opinions presented here.  I'm not certain yet whether I"m sold on the multi-part exhaust of this kit, and in fact, if there are ever parts of any jet airplane model that I am inclined to want to replace with aftermarket resin pieces, they are generally the ejection seats, and the exhaust nozzles/afterburner parts.  It will be interesting to see what aftermarket companies do with the exhaust for this kit.  As far as I can tell, no such dedicated aftermarket exhausts have yet been made available (if anyone knows different, please provide some info), but I'll be looking forward to seeing if such aftermarket items can/will improve on the detail of the kit parts.   

10 hours ago, madcop said:

Depends where you're living. Mine was also sent on the 18th of december and I was informed on the 28th through PostNL tracking system that my parcel would be delivered the 29th between midday and 4.30pm. Can't you still choose a "Pick-up" point instead of your address ?  Hope you can get in touch with the Agency who should deliver your parcel....

Good luck.

Madcop

I've investigated PostNL website and the package has been delivered yesterday... I assume my neighbour from the downstairs picked it up and left it in the staircase. Unfortunately I'll be back in whole 4 days.

Edited by Tapchan
1 minute ago, Tapchan said:

I've investigated PostNL website and the package has been delivered yesterday... I assume my neighbour from the downstairs picked it up and left it in the staircase. Unfortunately I'll be back in whole 4 days.

Toooooooooooooo bad ! Just hope you've got a honest neighbour ! Keep us posted ....😉

1 hour ago, Curt B said:

Hi All,

Just  thought I'd jump in here to add my $0.02.  I got my GWH SU-27UB from SprueBrothers in early November, and decided, based on the discussion here on curved missiles, to verify mine.  All of the weapons in my kit are perfectly straight.  

I've read with interest this lengthy thread, and certainly a lot of opinions presented here.  I'm not certain yet whether I"m sold on the multi-part exhaust of this kit, and in fact, if there are ever parts of any jet airplane model that I am inclined to want to replace with aftermarket resin pieces, they are generally the ejection seats, and the exhaust nozzles/afterburner parts.  It will be interesting to see what aftermarket companies do with the exhaust for this kit.  As far as I can tell, no such dedicated aftermarket exhausts have yet been made available (if anyone knows different, please provide some info), but I'll be looking forward to seeing if such aftermarket items can/will improve on the detail of the kit parts.   

Hi Curt B,

If you dont like the seat and the exhaust please feel free to blame me. After all the seat was in all respects my work while for the exhaust I added details and an idea. How it turned out in the end in plastic form is . . . Still think that given the constraints of injection moulding we tried our best to give as good and authentic parts as possible for both of these areas.

I think a Russian resin maker has exhaust cans for the Su-27. Does it fit the G.W.H kit? I have no idea.

For the ejection seat this is the early K-36DM Seria 2 version of the seat. For the G.W.H kit I made several visits to operational MiG-29 unit (which has exactly the same seat) to do some measurements and photo work as well as using my own K-36 for measurements and details. Is it authentic? It is up to everyone to decide for themselves.

Looking around the market I am sure you will be able to find other aftermarket seats. Are they good, authentic? Have no idea. I can speak only for our work.

Still hope you will enjoy the kit!

Best regards

Gabor

2 minutes ago, ya-gabor said:

Hi Curt B,

If you dont like the seat and the exhaust please feel free to blame me. After all the seat was in all respects my work while for the exhaust I added details and an idea. How it turned out in the end in plastic form is . . . Still think that given the constraints of injection moulding we tried our best to give as good and authentic parts as possible for both of these areas.

I think a Russian resin maker has exhaust cans for the Su-27. Does it fit the G.W.H kit? I have no idea.

For the ejection seat this is the early K-36DM Seria 2 version of the seat. For the G.W.H kit I made several visits to operational MiG-29 unit (which has exactly the same seat) to do some measurements and photo work as well as using my own K-36 for measurements and details. Is it authentic? It is up to everyone to decide for themselves.

Looking around the market I am sure you will be able to find other aftermarket seats. Are they good, authentic? Have no idea. I can speak only for our work.

Still hope you will enjoy the kit!

Best regards

Gabor

Hi Gabor, and thanks for the response.  As I wrote, it's typical for me to replace the seat(s) and exhaust(s), but certainly not something that I always do, automatically.  I would be thrilled to find no need for those replacements, and from the photos you have been supplying, comparing the kit parts to the real thing, I'm thinking that aftermarket parts being an improvement is pretty unlikely!  With the exception of using the new Quinta cockpit decals, mostly because I'm too lazy to do the necessary work to make the existing cockpit detail look fantastic (and the kit details on the panels is nothing short of stunning!, I'd love to build this airplane completely out of the box.  I'm leaning in that direction, anyway.  I know for sure that no matter which direction I go, this airplane is going to be the centerpiece of the completed models I have on display!!!

7 hours ago, Curt B said:

Hi All,

There are no dedicated Resin Exhaust for that kit. But from all the accuracy discussions in other flanker threads and from the various russian resin AM manufacturers the correct diameter in 1/48 should be almost exactly 1 inch. The AMUR Reaver exhaust catalog number RC4823, AMigo Models catalog number 48023-1 and Res-kit RSU48-0012 should fit if kit's is 'correctly' sized.

Edited by Inquisitor
3 hours ago, Inquisitor said:

There are no dedicated Resin Exhaust for that kit. But from all the accuracy discussions in other flanker threads and from the various russian resin AM manufacturers the correct diameter in 1/48 should be almost exactly 1 inch. The AMUR Reaver exhaust catalog number RC4823, AMigo Models catalog number 48023-1 and Res-kit RSU48-0012 should fit if kit's is 'correctly' sized.

Excellent!  Thank you!

The clock is ticking fast and very soon this dreadful 2020 will end!

I would like to wish everyone where ever you are around the world a happy new year and hopefully some sort of return to so called “normality” in 2021 ! ! !

Stay safe!!!!!

Best regards

Gabor

35 minutes ago, ya-gabor said:

The clock is ticking fast and very soon this dreadful 2020 will end!

I would like to wish everyone where ever you are around the world a happy new year and hopefully some sort of return to so called “normality” in 2021 ! ! !

Stay safe!!!!!

Best regards

Gabor

Thank you, Gabor!

Happy New Year  to you also!

On 12/29/2020 at 10:57 AM, madcop said:

Madcop

it is easy fix just live it under running hot water for few seconds and try to straight the bend if is not enough just put under hot water again ! i use this to fix the depression on my amk tomcat on the side of the back end ! it works 

If a slightly bent part is an issue worth saying, then better think of buying diecast models 😝😝😝

Common guys, we should be taking basic modelling skills as for granted. This cannot be something to alert about...

For those with some history in the hobby, just remember the Monogram, magnificent, history series. More parts wrapped than not.

Spoiled, spoiled, spoiled 😘😘😘

Edited by DIO