Great Wall Hobby G.W.H L4827 1/48 Su-27UB “Flanker C” Heavy Fighter

6 hours ago, haneto said:

These are the photos of "Red 64".

Same as the single seat "Red 01" with cobra eyes/mouth from same regiment, it has repainted 4-tone camo by local maintenance staff.

Photo copy rights belongs to orignal author and no commercial use.

Thanks, Haneto! The plot thickens. Hmmmm.

If I can determine the right color for the darkest of the blue shades in four-color camo, maybe I will do Red 64 profile. Curt suggested MRP-44 and Eduard used same profile for their Su-27 (repop of Academy), and instructions indicate Mr. Color C34 Sky Blue. Who knows? Danged Russian jets schemes are harder to pin down than a butterfly.....

Edited by Porkbits
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi,

just a quick question.

GWH provides two front wheel bay. According to them, left one is for Russian Su-27, and right one is for Chinese and Ukrainian ones.

Is this correct? I didn't know that Russian Su-27UB has so different wheel bay than theirs single seater.

Thanks

IMG_20210523_151659.jpg

4 hours ago, skuki said:

Hi,

just a quick question.

GWH provides two front wheel bay. According to them, left one is for Russian Su-27, and right one is for Chinese and Ukrainian ones.

Is this correct? I didn't know that Russian Su-27UB has so different wheel bay than theirs single seater.

Thanks

IMG_20210523_151659.jpg

Yes, it is so different!

The one on the right is for the single seater

The UB twoseater was /is different (on the left)!

Best regards

Gabor

1 hour ago, ya-gabor said:

Yes, it is so different!

Best regards

Gabor

Technically looks more like the UB is missing a cover, hiding the internal details, that exists in the single sitter. Awesome details by the way!

13 hours ago, DIO said:

Technically looks more like the UB is missing a cover, hiding the internal details, that exists in the single sitter. Awesome details by the way!

Sorry, but no, it is a different bay in the UB version.

Best regards

Gabor

Edited by ya-gabor
On 5/23/2021 at 9:36 PM, ya-gabor said:

Yes, it is so different!

Best regards

Gabor

thank you for the info. Tthey said in instructions that Chinese and Ukrainian UB should have the on the right, which seemed odd to me...  thanks!

24 minutes ago, haneto said:

A small building hint: do NOT fill the panel line. I intentially break parts by panel lines.

Haneto:

Thanks for the tip! Are you posting a build log of your UB on this forum or another? If so, can you provide link? I tried searching for it but couldn't find anything.

I've been using your Su-35s thread here on ARC for my build, and has been very helpful. Your online "teaching" has helped me achieve one of my better builds, so thank you for sharing your skills and knowledge!

15 hours ago, Porkbits said:

Haneto:

Thanks for the tip! Are you posting a build log of your UB on this forum or another? If so, can you provide link? I tried searching for it but couldn't find anything.

I've been using your Su-35s thread here on ARC for my build, and has been very helpful. Your online "teaching" has helped me achieve one of my better builds, so thank you for sharing your skills and knowledge!

Thanks for the support.

Unfortunately I'm not building the 27 at the time, since I'm enjoying building 1/700 ship models recently.;)

Maybe I will start building it after my current building plan is finished, hopefully this year.

9 hours ago, haneto said:

Thanks for the support.

Unfortunately I'm not building the 27 at the time, since I'm enjoying building 1/700 ship models recently.;)

Maybe I will start building it after my current building plan is finished, hopefully this year.

Thanks for update and good luck with the ship projects! My plan is to start the UB right after I finish the 35S, and I'm such a slow builder, you might have started your UB by then lol.