Great Wall Hobby G.W.H L4827 1/48 Su-27UB “Flanker C” Heavy Fighter

28 minutes ago, Silver Seraph said:

Anyway, aside from the few things that could (or not) be improved (there is a point where it never stops and a compromise has to be made), GWH's way of documenting all the improvements they are bringing to their kits is very intelligent, transparent and perhaps some sort of way to gain customer loyalty, and the details and process are mightily interesting.

As much as I worship Tamiya, they are sadly totally secretive about the designing process. Here, with GWH, you are amazed BEFORE discovering the kit.

MUST HAVE !!!

Cheers !

PS : appears Nino deleted all his posts... oh boy...

This guy needs to grow up!

4 hours ago, B.Sin said:

This guy needs to grow up!

Well, I think we should be a bit more lenient with him. In one of his now deleted posts he talked quite open about his personal situation where I got the impression that he is not exactly on the sunny side of life currently (ill kid, financial hardship (had to sell a large part of his stash), suffers from an older injury) and modelling is one of his few bright spots in life. So I guess that's the reason why he has so strong emotions about anything hobby related. Unfortunately he comes across quite rude sometimes because of it although I'm sure he does not mean it.

I just hope his personal situation improves soon so he can take a more relaxed stance at the hobby.

Just my 2 cents...

Now back to sticking plastic bit together 🙂

On 8/12/2020 at 3:45 PM, Specter1075 said:

I do not think you are an idiot. You have a good eye for detail, and you have a lot of good information to give to us. You should stay on this forum and be a welcome member. Just remember that we are all different people with different opinions. Even if someone disagrees with you, no one is attacking you personally. We should all be comrades here.

well said !

10 hours ago, Shorty84 said:

Well, I think we should be a bit more lenient with him. In one of his now deleted posts he talked quite open about his personal situation where I got the impression that he is not exactly on the sunny side of life currently (ill kid, financial hardship (had to sell a large part of his stash), suffers from an older injury) and modelling is one of his few bright spots in life. So I guess that's the reason why he has so strong emotions about anything hobby related. Unfortunately he comes across quite rude sometimes because of it although I'm sure he does not mean it.

I just hope his personal situation improves soon so he can take a more relaxed stance at the hobby.

Unfortunately, he isn't the only one who's going through difficulties. I am sure there are are number of our members here that could attest to that. As I alluded to, I haven't been able to work on any models for almost a year now due to health. We all have our crosses to bear. No excuse to act poorly.

If he is having problems, I hope things get better for him. Modeling has been a corner of brightness in an otherwise miserable existence for me. So, I can sympathize with him.

But, enough is enough and this is a thread about the GWH Su-27UB, which sure the H*** looks good. I prefer single seaters though. So, I will wait until they release one and get it for my stash of kits I'll never build. :whistle:

He's gone I guess. Yes, everything looks fine, the issue is too small for most of us anyway.

However the hidden 2nd kink means that the slope of that area will be slightly different, which affects the angle of the kink on gear bay door, that would explain the small difference observed by someone on baidu:

Unbenannt.png

But anyway it's really a minor issue, the point is that even something maybe hidden, it may affect other area and may worth to have a closer look, in this case probably not, I could live with a slightly misshapen gear door. 

2 minutes ago, delide said:

He's gone I guess. Yes, everything looks fine, the issue is too small for most of us anyway.

However the hidden 2nd kink means that the slope of that area will be slightly different, which affects the angle of the kink on gear bay door, that would explain the small difference observed by someone on baidu:

Unbenannt.png

But anyway it's really a minor issue, the point is that even something maybe hidden, it may affect other area and may worth to have a closer look, in this case probably not, I could live with a slightly misshapen gear door. 

I highly doubt that because:

1. CAD screen picture from ProE generally has not perspective effect, unlike real plane picture.

2. The angle of the photo and CAD picture is not exactly the same.

3. The comparison is ONLY to explain the described content, other details should not be compared as targets because of difference angle and perspective effect.

4. The author of that thread on Baidu is suspected to be a Trumpeter/Hobbyboss senior staff who is also one of the investors of Kittyhawk model by rumors.

If the rumor is true then it is very easy to understand his ultimate motivation of list up “mistakes” which may even does not exist by misleading people.

I have to say that I have let this question go a long time ago. There was simply no point in getting into this argument developing from a storm in a tea cup into a full blown hurricane.

The question about the minute angle change in flat surfaces under the belly of the aircraft, to be precise between the engine nacelles which is transformed all the way out to the wing root (in short the KINK) was raised with the Su-35S kit by one person in Russia.

Yes, when standing under the fuselage part when it is in the construction jig during assembly in the Komsomolsk na Amure AZ (the aircraft factory building the single seat Flankers) you will see the kink if appropriately lit with lights from the opposite direction.

The after fuselage part is taken out from the jig and is joined by other airframe parts including the engine covers later on the assembly line, then it will become more and more difficult to see any surface changes what so ever in this area.

Actually a fellow modeller who is “accidentally” serving with a front line Flanker unit heard of this question about the “Kink”. Since he is in daily contact with the real metal 1 to 1 scale version of this aircraft, he went out to see it for himself. He took few dozens of photos to try to illustrate it, TO MAKE THE KINK VISIBLE ON THE REAL AIRCRAFT. The reason for dozens of photos was the fact that while the kink is there it is virtually impossible to show it even on the real aircraft!

Here we are talking about a 48th scale copy of the Flanker.

The only real place where the ominous Kink is visible (sort of) is at the trailing edge of the flaperon. On the new G.W.H Su-27UB kit this miniscule change in surface angle or Kink if you prefer, is reproduced as has already been shown by Haneto on the real plastic parts.

While it is minute and barely noticeable we have learned from previous kits and incorporated it into the new kit.

Best regards

Gabor

5 minutes ago, boom175 said:

How close are we to release? Also do you anticipate any shipping issues due to pandemic?

Looking forward to this kit! 

Hi Craig,

Now this is an excellent quesiton and one which will cause some headache to distributors / retailers. 

I am speaking from Europe and see that the Virus situation is affecting everything unfortunately. I would say that there is little chance that you will get the kit the next day after release. I can only hope that it will not be delayed in delivery as many things have been in the past months. 

Best regards

Gabor

Gabor, may we expect that one seater Flanker hit the shelves only this year? Because UB version probably will not be available on August, so Su-27S should be on Christmas or even later. Or maybe Easter 2021?

This question should be addressed to G.W.H. I am only the researcher in this project. What I had to do, I already did, all the rest is now up to the producer. 

I have no idea when the single seater will be available.

As for the Su-27UB it will be out in August this year. There are still many days to go in August.  : )  : )

Best regards

Gabor 

Things are happening faster and faster with approach of kit release, so I have to say I am sorry but there was a batch of sprue photos left out in view of what was happening. Here they are.

One of the big sprues with lots of small parts of all sorts starting from cockpit interior to undercarriage legs and wheels . . .

0lzqEvN.jpg

X7zJoEP.jpg

tZ4rt8k.jpg

0iACKl5.jpg

SJyUAI4.jpg

qHDSko9.jpg

Best regards

Gabor

On 8/13/2020 at 3:55 PM, Shorty84 said:

Just my 2 cents...

Now back to sticking plastic bit together 🙂

He had to sell off a large part of his stash!!! I would think that would be a good thing, yes? I wish 

I could sell off a large part of my stash!  LOL