Great Wall Hobby G.W.H L4827 1/48 Su-27UB “Flanker C” Heavy Fighter

For me critism for dm is just being rediculus.

We have seen this happening all and more often the last months.

The better and more detailed the models on offer become, the more rediculus the critisism from a particular group of people.

The common justification is that they "care for accuracy" or they just want to "learn more from the experts".

And then those "experts" come to say that this or that is X dm wrong and blah blah...

Guys, all you achieve in the end is to make those that really care and actually build models, to leave.

If this is just marketing, then you are being even more rediculus because when you destroy someone else's efforts for no real reason, you do actually destroy the same market that you need as well. Stupid, if you are asking me...

Finally, I can assure you, even if super detailing is my thing, 0.5mm of difference will not stop me from buying a really good model. And I think most are just like me...

Edited by DIO

:rolleyes:  :thumbsup:   :lol:  (Sorry but ARC does not offer you good smiles as those the Czech ModelForum where there are some excellent ones, but I have no idea how to import them here.)

There are so many fun sides to our hobby. The age of internet and forums added some new dimensions to all the fun we can have. 

I think I rather return to the kit parts.

Best regards

Gabor

12 hours ago, Mr Matt Foley said:

I read enough criticism here about the Kinetic Su-33 that I convinced myself not to buy it. I'm rather surprised you would make comparison using that kit, but whatever. I am waiting for the mystery Su-33 that "Nino" (or "Dragan", etc of the names he used before being banned) has touted for the past 4 years? Now that kit, I would buy if it ever arrives and is worthy of the hype.

The criticism is mainly about other areas, it doesn't means everything on the kit is bad. Really the canopy looks very good to me, compared to photos of the real Su27/35, but as Nino mentioned, the canopy of the Su-33 is slightly different for better visibilty on carrier, the seat has been moved forward, so the canopy need be changed a bit I guess. In the end the canopy of the Kinetic is indeed wrong, but it looks good X-P

Edited by delide
4 hours ago, Nino_Belov said:

OK brothers,as I promised.

I just finished skype video call with my friend,where he measured section B with help of his colegue,and the canopy was on the ground,removed from the aircraft,where I have seen with my own eyes that the B is 1000-1001mm,and A is 821mm.So there was no trust on words,I have seen it,there was no errors.So GWH-35 canopy is almost as perfect.

Then it goes in 1/48:

B=20,85mm

A=17,2mm

This thread is finished for me.

All the best to you all,

Goodbye.

Nino, is that from Su-27 too, not Su-33?? You mentioned that you asked your friend to get on the top of Su-33. Otherwise really strange that the measurements just doesn't match.

1 hour ago, Nino_Belov said:

Su-27 , bro 100%.

Sigh, just for a few weeks I thought I finally knew the truth... But at least the difference between your and GWH measurement is not that big, while GWH's measurement matched Kinetic almost perfectly, your measurement is kind of in between the Kinetic and GWH's Su-35, especially the A is exactly in the middle, which is more important to the shape of the canopy itself than B. So if GWH Su-27 matches their own measurement well, it's going to be OK too, just as GWH's Su-35 is OK for you. the difference to your measurement would not be as noticeable as it was between Kinetic and GWH's Su-35.

Edited by delide
3 hours ago, ya-gabor said:

:rolleyes:  :thumbsup:   :lol:  (Sorry but ARC does not offer you good smiles as those the Czech ModelForum where there are some excellent ones, but I have no idea how to import them here.)

There are so many fun sides to our hobby. The age of internet and forums added some new dimensions to all the fun we can have. 

Best regards

Gabor

+1

4 hours ago, ya-gabor said:

Best regards

Gabor

Not sure what you were trying to say and I mean no offence, but I'm truly surprised by the different reaction or maybe the double standard. After all you were very vocal about small issues on Airfix 's MiG-17 yourself, and about Eduard's MiG-21bis's nose, so much that it has been dubbed as Gabor's nose by Eduard, and now all is just for a laugh? So I didn't expect that, but it doesn't matter.

1 hour ago, delide said:

Not sure what you were trying to say and I mean no offence, but I'm truly surprised by the different reaction or maybe the double standard. After all you were very vocal about small issues on Airfix 's MiG-17 yourself, and about Eduard's MiG-21bis's nose, so much that it has been dubbed as Gabor's nose by Eduard, and now all is just for a laugh? So I didn't expect that, but it doesn't matter.

Hi delide,

While I have the Kinetic kit, in this case I don’t really think it has any relevance what so ever to the new G.W.H Su-27UB kit.

Some people are using forums to vent whatever they have a problem with. This is the fun part that I was talking about, we have seen this happen going over 300 pages with another manufacturers product where hard evidence content was less than a handful of pages the rest was simply  . . .

People are are absolutely free to vent their anger/frustration/personal problems . . .  if they want too. In this day of age, thanks to internet it is perfectly possible to do this.

But I am also free to completely ignore it and get on with details of the kit. After all this is a forum about one particular kit and not about Kinetic or any other kit produced over the past decades.

If you have a look back, then in both cases I have shown details, photographic evidence and my own first hand measurements to show what the problem with the above kits mentioned by you.

One more thing, I posted those comments in respective forums dealing specifically with the given kit and not somewhere else.

And I always used my own real name and not hiding behind an untraceable fantasy name to sign what I wanted to say / my opinion. Just as here below:

Best regards

Gabor

1 hour ago, ya-gabor said:

Hi delide,

While I have the Kinetic kit, in this case I don’t really think it has any relevance what so ever to the new G.W.H Su-27UB kit.

Some people are using forums to vent whatever they have a problem with. This is the fun part that I was talking about, we have seen this happen going over 300 pages with another manufacturers product where hard evidence content was less than a handful of pages the rest was simply  . . .

People are are absolutely free to vent their anger/frustration/personal problems . . .  if they want too. In this day of age, thanks to internet it is perfectly possible to do this.

But I am also free to completely ignore it and get on with details of the kit. After all this is a forum about one particular kit and not about Kinetic or any other kit produced over the past decades.

If you have a look back, then in both cases I have shown details, photographic evidence and my own first hand measurements to show what the problem with the above kits mentioned by you.

One more thing, I posted those comments in respective forums dealing specifically with the given kit and not somewhere else.

And I always used my own real name and not hiding behind an untraceable fantasy name to sign what I wanted to say / my opinion. Just as here below:

Best regards

Gabor

Thanks for your explanation! Yes, I didn't get the fun part, I can't judge if its anger, frustration or what else behind other people's motivation, but Nino for example does have very interesting facts too, at least to me, like that the Su-33 has different canopy than Su-27, which I personally never knew and would never have learned about it otherwise. While he may not have first hand measurements, but he is certainly much much more resourceful than me, so I for one can not ignore the information he presents, the rest is not for me to judge, but I think sometimes it's understandable, and if the fellow modelers here can't understand then no one else can. Surely you were at least disappointed by the mentioned kits, and of course, I was not saying your were wrong about those issues, your comments are very insightful too. 

The Kinetic kit's or it's canopy is mentioned here, because the GWH's measurement data presented here match it's dimensions almost perfectly(and the UB has the same front frame/windshield as the single seater), if otherwise then I'd agree that it would bear no relevance at all. Personally I see nothing wrong to talk about other kits in a thread about a specific kit. And I always find comparisons interesting, especially due to limited access to the real things, the differences between the kits help to reveal potential issues quickly, which I can investigate further if I want to. When you have access to the real thing then I can understand it's probably uninteresting.

Here is a Pure Plastic build of the new G.W.H Su-27 UB in 48th scale. The build is straight from the box by Haneto and shows 2 possible alternative configurations. Actually many different chices given to the modeller and not only an open nose cone and air brake.

Nothing added to the kit, built as it is out of box without any filler, just the plastic.

You can see both the original plastic parts used or if someone desires the small antennas can be replaced with photoetch versions. There are wing tip reinforcement plates from brass etch.

The weapons options in the Su-27UB kit are shown, which includes one of the versions of double launcher rail for air to ground weapons.

wwNt89f.jpg

Nn9ah9l.jpg

rJiOOfE.jpg 

Jdxtm4l.jpg

idPThbJ.jpg

iJbtB4Q.jpg

f3PiAoy.jpg

WuJToO4.jpg

8KxD3CH.jpg

6hzWy9J.jpg

ASrZFl2.jpg

56JierZ.jpg

Best reards

Gabor

Where is this damned kink in the wing? 🤓

No, this model is looking in a word superb! I am looking forward to get it here in Germany.

G.W.H. is my favourite kit manufacturer now and also looking forward to the single seater. Nice!

OK, I know what I'm buying myself for Christmas. I hope Haneto is going to do a painted build for us - some of his other builds on this site were amazing. I'd love to see what he can do with one of these.

That looks absolutely gorgeous. I will be waiting for the single seater. I just need to pick up my pace as I have 6 kits in the stash I'd like to build before getting another one. GWH single seat Su-27 and the ZM F-4E late are all I am waiting for to complete my dream. Not sure if it can get any better than these in my lifetime. 

2 hours ago, Janissary said:

That looks absolutely gorgeous. I will be waiting for the single seater. I just need to pick up my pace as I have 6 kits in the stash I'd like to build before getting another one. GWH single seat Su-27 and the ZM F-4E late are all I am waiting for to complete my dream. Not sure if it can get any better than these in my lifetime. 

In this hobby, dreams tend to expand and accumulate.....

14 hours ago, ya-gabor said:

Here is a Pure Plastic build of the new G.W.H Su-27 UB in 48th scale...

wwNt89f.jpg

WOW!  This is beautiful.  I Would get 2 but I am still waiting for a reply from GWH for the missing clear parts from my Great Wall Hobby L4822 F-15E Strike Eagle kit.  Worst customer service ever! 🙁