Great Wall Hobby G.W.H L4827 1/48 Su-27UB “Flanker C” Heavy Fighter

Hobbyeasy is a good option too, but I'm in Europe and Ammo has free shipping (>€95, EU) and no additional risk of import taxes.

I'll have to exercise my patience a bit longer though. 

Luckily I still have three SU-35s patiently waiting in my stash 🙂 

Edited by M77

Agree, gonna wait till 14-15 september and if no other shop will show better offer then I'll buy 2 of them. Estimated time is December probably because they have to respect 1-3 months sea freight. So I think it may be December but may be also late October

On 8/28/2020 at 7:21 AM, Mr Matt Foley said:

NEVER depend on PayPal. I just dealt with them over a fraud case (from China) and they were worthless. You can't communicate with them, they're unresponsive and I finally went through my credit card company and received a full refund. EBay on the other hand has been very responsive and is on top of their transactions. As far as the cheapest option for Chinese kits (Asian manufacturers in general) I find it hit or miss. If you're impatient, sure, buy from over there. If you want to ensure safe fast delivery here in the USA, use an American vendor.

Just remember: If it sounds too good to be true, it most likely is.

Does anyone remember when the 1/32 Tamiya F4U -1D came out? There was one seller from China who had them on pre-order for $25.00. Buyers lined up for them, others, myself included, said it was a fraud. Still people took their chances, sure enough it was fake. It took time but buyers got their money back. I’m betting the fraudster was able to withdrawal the money before he was caught though.

On 8/29/2020 at 9:37 AM, psimon said:

Personally I haven't had a lot of luck with model kit shops near me (Oshawa ON) and found EBay China was up to 15% cheaper with free shipping and no taxes.  Fortunately a new shop opened up very close to me 'Great Hobby' just a few months ago and they do price matching all across Canada so I was able to make a few 'better than EBay' purchases.  I am retired and need to count every penny so having options is great.

Great Hobbies started in Edmonton, they are a fabulous store, they have since grown. Watch their sales, I got a 1/32 scale Tamiya Spitfire for $60 late last year.

On 9/1/2020 at 9:03 PM, Scooby said:

Great Hobbies started in Edmonton, they are a fabulous store, they have since grown. Watch their sales, I got a 1/32 scale Tamiya Spitfire for $60 late last year.

Agreed!  I saved a ton of $$$ with their price matching. <:D

I have never had luck using eBay with Chinese sellers. Most of them are scams.

I have however have had look using Taobao (淘宝). It’s literally one of the biggest online marketplaces in existence and the prices tend to be much better. The thing that kills it is the shipping, which is usually about 18 USD. Still though for this kit, you’d have to pay a total of $75 which is decent.

If any of you all wanna try Taobao and need a translator/guide, send me a message.

Mike Benolkin at Hobbyzone USA is carrying the Quinta Studio line. I suspect they will be big sellers for him. As a side note, I already have on hand the cockpit for the Mig-31BM (AMK) that I ordered via the 48ers.com. They do appear spectacular (almost like cheating in some respects) as long as you can get a perfect color match for the rest of the cockpit.

On 9/8/2020 at 7:32 AM, ya-gabor said:

Well it is exactly in time.  : )

Close cooperation with Quinta Studio resulted in this product.

ySa9kCd.jpg

k6N1bTD.jpg

LOVMbiN.jpg

muWmEIr.jpg

N5gUaeq.jpg

Best regards

Gabor

OH, BRAVO!  They seem to have gotten the color right... or at the very least, doesn't look grainy like the Eduard PE cockpits.  Looks fantastic to me.  Cant wait to try these out! 

...except for the belts... they look good, but I think I'll still go PE there. 

Edited by BaconRaygun