Most accurate FS595 list to model paints list

There are many many many paint conversion charts
What have you found to be the most accurate?
So far in my research Ive found that IPMS Stockholm lists FS36375 as having no Tamiya equal and then the ultimate paint conversion chart says its XF66.

IPMSstockholm also lists FS36473 twixe and cant seem to decide if its XF66, or XF-12?/XF-19 but then doesnt elaborate what that actually means (a mix or just they cant decide)

• 9 months later...

Not sure about the suggestion to use XF66 for FS 36375, but it's not even close.  I got two coats of XF-66 over a white background, and it's very dark:

Tamiya_XF66.png

It's even darker than FS 36320.  If you spray XF-66 over a gray or a black background, then it will be even darker.

I use mainly the "paint4models" website to compare FS, RAL, ANA, and etc. 

If you can afford it, try to buy for each FS their equivalent enamel and acrylic paints and make your own FS chart. I know it sounds expensive and time consuming but at least, you will know what's actually out there available and how close and/or far are between them.

Just my two cents.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I checked on the Hobby Color Converter app for Android, and it gives as Indirect Equivalence (so an approximate match) the Tamiya XF-19.

From the app, XF-19 seems lighter than 36375, but you can try it for yourself, the app is free to download...

Davide

On 11/1/2020 at 1:56 AM, davetur said:

From the app, XF-19 seems lighter than 36375

I got three coats of XF-19 over Mr. Finishing Surfacer 1500 Gray in the picture below, and XF-19 straight out of the bottle is way too dark and not enough blue:

Tamiya_XF-19.png

Surprisingly, it matches the color on the bottle cap.  XF-19 might work with a few drops of white and a drop of blue added.

FS colours (and not only) and scale modelling paints are a chapter by themselves!!! In fact, in some cases, somebody can spend more money on buying paints from various companies than buying scale models! (unfortunately, I'm one of them!)

Was playing around with a different mix last night and ended up with this:

Tamiya_Mix01.png

XF-75 (1) + XF-66 (1) + XF-2 (5)

It could use a little bit more white and just a hint of X-16 Purple, which I didn't have in my arsenal.  Have X-16 on order and will give it another go when it arrives.

On 11/7/2020 at 4:08 AM, Mstor said:

I have turned a very bright green in envy. Have always wanted to have my own racks of paints. Sigh...

Closer to Tamiya X-15 or  more like Gunze H 26? And were you going for a certain FS number?

😉

On 11/11/2020 at 6:23 PM, ChernayaAkula said:

Closer to Tamiya X-15 or  more like Gunze H 26? And were you going for a certain FS number?

😉

Tamiya X-15 is almost a perfect match. Unfortunately, my family line has never standardized its integument shades, so its usually a mix-my-own situation. :whistle:

• 3 weeks later...